Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default My Experience of the new Swift

Hi there,
    I'm sure that there are a lot of mixed views about domestic cars here but my experience with the new swift has been amazing. we bought it a few weeks ago and i have been enjoying every second of it.
    it has some excellent features and has a comfort level which can definitely be compared to the local saloon cars. its acceleration is amazing and thank god it has ABS too, which works perfectly well.
    i'm attaching some pix of the best features of the Swift which i love. enjoy

first of all, the odometer. it has a drivers seat belt warning light which blinks continuously until the driver puts his seatbelt on.
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018603

JVC cd/cassette player. it has an auxillary input which is very useful for ipod connectivity
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018604

electric doors and mirrors.
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018605

rear ashtray can come out.
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018606
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018607

rear seats have headrests and seat belts.
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018608

and they can be folded too
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018609

and by removing the rear shelf, there is a lot of space. as the rear shelf is not attached to anything(like in the cultus) it can easily be removed
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018610
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018611

theres no keyhole for the boot nor is there any lever which the driver can pull to open it. instead the boot handle has a button which can be pressed to open it. and it can be opened only when the doors r unlocked, even if the car is on

My Experience of the new Swift -1018613

there are 4 speakers, all of them are in the doors. the sound quality is very good.And they have a good bass.
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018614

rear legroom is ample and 4 people can sit very comfortably
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018615

the clock, which has a weird "fake" immobilizer light which blinks when the car is off. the manual says that its function is to deter robbers. I say its pointless.
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018616
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018617
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018618

the a/c of this car is awesome, and the vents r pretty cool too. they can be closed and rotated in all directions
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018619

it has fog lights too. which makes the front of the car look less "blank"
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018620
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018621

the radio antenna.
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018622

the back light.
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018623

keyless entry. u have to press the unlock button twice to unlock all doors, otherwise only the drivers door is unlocked. the suzuki people give 2 such keys and one simple key.
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018624

bridgestone tyres and alloys. ABS comes as standard.
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018625

and now the things i dont really like about the car

the rear lights will take some getting used to. they are all over the place!
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018626

there are scratches near the door handles already. i guess its because of the paint.
    My Experience of the new Swift -1018627

overall, the family loves this car. i think that the price tag is justifiable for a 1300cc fully loaded hatch back. i'm glad that we didnt go for an imported car. I wish it had airbags, but then again beggars can be choosy.. atleast it has ABS

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

40k KMS

got my swift serviced today, i asked about NGK IFR6J11 spark plugs, the suzuki guys only provide NGK BKR6E/ELV 2 spark plugs.

plus the usual zic oil which was the official engine oil used by suzuki dealers has been replaced by their own branded oil. dunno how good it is, will let u guys know if there's any noticeable difference.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

here r some pix of the spark plugs and suzuki oil suzuki master motors service center is using:
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Awesome coverage. The Swift has now become a very ordinary car but the way you have put things across have made me fall in love with it all over again.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Sdogar View Post
    @huzaifa

How is it incomplete, can u shed light on it? 1300 XLI is an underpowered machine, just drive a swift and feel the difference. Also tell how complete is XLI with 3 LAC plus price tag and don't having below features which swift has:

1. Power windows
    2. Electrically powered mirrors
    3. ABS with EBD
    4. Immobilizer(Even GLI don't has it)
    5. Alloy rims
    6. Bridgestone tyres
    7. Front fog lights
    8. Cental door locking,keyless entry
    Apart from the AUTO model in swift, which models are available and what are the different features.. If possible, also let me know the current prices

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Alhamdulillah got my swift dlx white yesterday and i loved it alot especially the driving and all the goodies inside ... A Good value for money i would say ....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by asimm76 View Post
    Apart from the AUTO model in swift, which models are available and what are the different features.. If possible, also let me know the current prices
    Sir g, you can visit pak suzuki website...
    here it is
    Suzuki Swift
    Leave sooner, drive slower, live longer

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by guganali007 View Post
    i agree
    bhai g these features matters alot as selling points for the people who used alto, cultus etc
    every man sleeps 1/3 part of a day,, if he makes ABLUTION before sleeping, 1/3rd of his life will be counted as virtue

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Mabrook............

But i have very much concern abt bak seat space...if u pull yr driver seat @ normal...even dont have much space @ bak.....I though its good for low height peoples...but for average its not...Other then that...Shape awasum....Acceleration & torque ala.....but not good in Suspension....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shereabdullah View Post
    bhai g these features matters alot as selling points for the people who used alto, cultus etc
    +1 ... i shifted from mehran so the goodies were a plus point for attaction not to mention in approx. 2.5lacs less amount.

Quote Originally Posted by d3vil View Post
    Mabrook............

But i have very much concern abt bak seat space...if u pull yr driver seat @ normal...even dont have much space @ bak.....I though its good for low height peoples...but for average its not...Other then that...Shape awasum....Acceleration & torque ala.....but not good in Suspension....
    Thanks d3vil.

Personaly speaking, back seat space is almost equal to city space (city has abit more approx. 2-3inches which i felt as my colegue in office bought city aspire n i bought swift) as i checked both cars personally while sitting at the back with driver seat at max. back position (Both City and Swift). I could sit easily n comfortably in swift at the back with the seat @full back position. My brother owns a cultus, i checked that also n the feeling was the same, nothing too much noticable difference in either cultus or city.

Drive wise, i really enjoyed the driving and acceleration and brakes response. suspension yes i felt it a bit hard but many ppl here swift owners or no owners stated that its the same in city as well and its something like secret behind the sporty feeling and sharp cornering etc etc.

Overall, IMO i really loved the car and may b would hv loved city more if i were to buy that, but one needs to keep one's requirements and budget in mind while buying and swift was fulfilling my requirements and was within budget with more features and goodies etc ... not to mention immobilizer should be a must in pakistan. I went to honda dealer to consider it for buying n what was disheartening for me was city dont come with immobilizer, not even aspire model. I asked the dealer that atleast city aspire has immobilizer, right? and his answer to me was "Well if you want immobilizer, buy Civic" ... that was for me hilarious as well as disheartening that a person spends 17lacs and there is no feature of security anti-theft in consideration by Honda. How would you feel if you parked ur car n come back only to find ur 17lacs city is stolen?? (God forbid and keep everyone safe). Atleast, for me, immobilizer feature was a priority concern when investing my hard earned money .... guess u got my point ...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by HNaseer View Post
    +1 ... i shifted from mehran so the goodies were a plus point for attaction not to mention in approx. 2.5lacs less amount.

If u shif from Mehran...then this is called Sixer...

Thanks d3vil.

Personaly speaking, back seat space is almost equal to city space (city has abit more approx. 2-3inches which i felt as my colegue in office bought city aspire n i bought swift) as i checked both cars personally while sitting at the back with driver seat at max. back position (Both City and Swift). I could sit easily n comfortably in swift at the back with the seat @full back position. My brother owns a cultus, i checked that also n the feeling was the same, nothing too much noticable difference in either cultus or city.

Drive wise, i really enjoyed the driving and acceleration and brakes response. suspension yes i felt it a bit hard but many ppl here swift owners or no owners stated that its the same in city as well and its something like secret behind the sporty feeling and sharp cornering etc etc.

Overall, IMO i really loved the car and may b would hv loved city more if i were to buy that, but one needs to keep one's requirements and budget in mind while buying and swift was fulfilling my requirements and was within budget with more features and goodies etc ... not to mention immobilizer should be a must in pakistan. I went to honda dealer to consider it for buying n what was disheartening for me was city dont come with immobilizer, not even aspire model. I asked the dealer that atleast city aspire has immobilizer, right? and his answer to me was "Well if you want immobilizer, buy Civic" ... that was for me hilarious as well as disheartening that a person spends 17lacs and there is no feature of security anti-theft in consideration by Honda. How would you feel if you parked ur car n come back only to find ur 17lacs city is stolen?? (God forbid and keep everyone safe). Atleast, for me, immobilizer feature was a priority concern when investing my hard earned money .... guess u got my point ...
    Hnaseer....Officially speaking We have 2 Security Car ...I personally install XXXX security features...will upload pic later....But for seating I don't like too much..same situation as Centro....No comfort @ back.......
    I personally own city2010...Seating capacity awsum not compared to swift...as it have box space too under back seat which give comfort & long drive...

As my self love shape & power so abt shape so love city & swift shape...I can say them BOYS TOYS... we can play then & make them drift/speed thrill/fair lady...etc up to choice...

yes security is main feature but CHOR CHOR hota hy ...u know wo kuch nahi chorta..lolzzzz .... ALLAH sub ko apny hifzoo emman main raky...Ammen

Any ways i hope u can do good detailing too...to make it yr bride...

Best of luk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 57,700 happy kms!

the swift is still going strong. but after getting two automatics ( https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/mem...tec-navigation , https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/mem...-daihatsu-move) we feel like getting an auto swift.
    But i've heard its not that good, primarily because its 4 speed.
    we plan to upgrade to an auto swift when a 5 speed auto model comes. let's see how long that's going to take.

we are getting it maintained regularly through suzuki master motors. no complaints. excellent service and they do a good job. got the brake pads replaced a few weeks ago. total cost: 6000/-

we have been using spark plugs and engine oil available from the suzuki dealer. no after market spares have been used.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by omar_575 View Post
    the swift is still going strong. but after getting two automatics ( https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/mem...tec-navigation , https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/mem...-daihatsu-move) we feel like getting an auto swift.
    But i've heard its not that good, primarily because its 4 speed.
    we plan to upgrade to an auto swift when a 5 speed auto model comes. let's see how long that's going to take.

we are getting it maintained regularly through suzuki master motors. no complaints. excellent service and they do a good job. got the brake pads replaced a few weeks ago. total cost: 6000/-

we have been using spark plugs and engine oil available from the suzuki dealer. no after market spares have been used.
    the current model of swift in pakistan is already outdated, its paksuzuki so keep waaaaaaaaaiting .........

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Pathetic looking pre this one has... Si ugly!? My friend has a swift too? But its pre was different?

Sent from my ST25i using Tapatalk 2

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Automotorsport_Lover View Post
    Pathetic looking pre this one has... Si ugly!? My friend has a swift too? But its pre was different?

Sent from my ST25i using Tapatalk 2
    Yes it is. But I'm not an audiophile and the family prefers to keep their cars stock. So its Going to stay :p
    Suzuki had the sense to introduce a better pre (alpine) a year after we bought our car.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

overall a nice, sporty hatch with good drive.
    The men are back. @TGT.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ALL,
    my swifts bumper has come loose. i got it checked by the body shop mechanic at master motors defence and he made a small hole in the inside of the bumper and passed a metal wire through it and wrapped it around some non-movable part in the engine bay.
    i have taken pics to show you the situation of the bumper.
    the suzuki guys say that it will need replacement (a new one will cost around 13,000 including paint and labor). i have no intention of doing that. rather i'm looking for some clips, one piece of which could attach to the bumper and one to the chassis. they could have a strong glue to stick to the bumper and chassis. multiple clips of this sort can easily fix the bumper in pace. any idea where i could get these?
    i need something of this sort (a bit smaller):

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

here are a few pics of the bumper, its broken from various places

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the normal side of the bumper:

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Go to any bumpoer repair shop .... He will use steel pins on joints to make a proper lock to fit on car ....
    Thats it ... No need to use that cheap metal wire !
    Detailing a day,Keeps the swirls away

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Wow this shows that the bumper was taken off aggressively or the bumper has been hit badly....I have taken off my swift bumper around 4 times and uptill now only one clip is broken..

Sent from my HTC Rhyme S510b using PW Forums mobile app
    JDM Always 2 STEPs AHEAD..........

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

User Tag List