Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 164 of 346 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174214264 ... LastLast
Results 3,261 to 3,280 of 6905
Like Tree1693Likes

Thread: Suzuki Swift Owners Club

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    yawar538's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    6,006
    Follows
    7
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Cool Suzuki Swift Owners Club


    Suzuki Swift Owners Club - 14126521430 e098949a94 o


    Welcome aboard the Suzuki Swift Owners Club, a group for the passionate and crazy owners of Suzuki Swift.

    This thread will serve as a discussion forum for all the owners of Suzuki Swift across Pakistan. Members can post their experiences as well seek help for their automobile in various areas of interest.

    Apart from the regular discussion and posts there would be regular meets, get together as well as cruises in cities across Pakistan. The primary motive of the club is to promote the desire of the members to help and share information with other fellow members particularly related to Suzuki Swift.

    For the convenience of the members, below is a list of problems/ solutions being posted by different members of Suzuki Swift. Just click on any to go to that specific topic.

    Table of Contents


    1. Guide to CNG conversion
    2. Workshop manual (pdf)
    3. Maintenance Tips for owners
    4. Causes of poor mileage
    5. Platinum vs. Iridium Plugs debate
    6. Rain water accumulation problem in the spare wheel area
    7. Guide to measure mileage






    Guide to Suzuki Authorized Dealerships
    Key: Recommended - Not Recommended


    Karachi
    Suzuki Carachi Motors
    Suzuki South
    Naseer Autos

    Suzuki North
    Suzuki Defence Motors
    Khair Agencies
    I.G Motors
    Suzuki POLAD
    Lahore
    Suzuki Master Motors
    Islamabad
    Suzuki Islamabad Motors I-9
    Azim Motors I-10
    Suzuki Kazmi Motors

    Suzuki Federal Motors Islamabad
    Suzuki Chaudary Motors Murree Road
    Suzuki Humak Motors Islamabad
    Suzuki Chaudary Humak Motors
    Suzuki 6th Road Motors
    Multan
    Suzuki Oriental Motors
    Bhawalpur
    Suzuki Bahawalpur Motors
    Gujranwala
    Suzuki Gujranwala Motors



    More coming soon...


    Thank you for your stay


    Baat karo haq ki, chahay hatt jaye sabki

  2. #3261
    PakWheeler Follow
    imrankhan1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    32
    Posts
    297
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AZ6211 View Post
    Thanks the car is usually refueled at Caltex F-6 which has a reputation for being a reliable pump but I think I will try another petrol station as well. Any suggestions on a good one in Isb ?
    PSO F-8 is good, we fill from 5-Sarki Shell in Pindi.

  3. #3262
    PakWheeler Follow
    imrankhan1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    32
    Posts
    297
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ash22pk View Post
    Yup...called them in today...they said that I should send an email on this to the company. One thing more...May b i have driven GLI alot, so it feels weird ..but whenever my AC compressor starts, there is this pretty noticeable switch on sound.(when the compressor switch turns on)...never expereinced in GLI, or may be its too quite in it..but if I have my foot on the clutch, i can actually feel a very small jerk/vibration in that too when AC compressor turns on..do u guys have the same sound too? with same intensity? ..Thanks in advance
    Not sure about the noise issue, ours is Swift auto so no clutch to deal with.

  4. #3263
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    COOLTAHIR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    19
    Posts
    4,702
    Follows
    9
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ash22pk View Post
    Yup...called them in today...they said that I should send an email on this to the company. One thing more...May b i have driven GLI alot, so it feels weird ..but whenever my AC compressor starts, there is this pretty noticeable switch on sound.(when the compressor switch turns on)...never expereinced in GLI, or may be its too quite in it..but if I have my foot on the clutch, i can actually feel a very small jerk/vibration in that too when AC compressor turns on..do u guys have the same sound too? with same intensity? ..Thanks in advance
    Yes its normal bro car gets heavy while pressing ac button on
    sound of engine also increases

    Sent from my Note
    using my thumbs.
    (M-T)
    FeeL YoUng DriVE YoUnG......

  5. #3264
    PakWheeler Follow
    ash22pk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    30
    Posts
    50
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by COOLTAHIR View Post
    Yes its normal bro car gets heavy while pressing ac button on
    sound of engine also increases

    Sent from my Note
    using my thumbs.
    (M-T)
    Thanks Tahir

    Sent from my HTC One using PW Forums mobile app

  6. #3265
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Sdogar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,520
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AZ6211 View Post
    Thanks for your reply. The noise has been coming for some time now I thought if I would change the brake pads it would go away but it is still there. For the other things you mention I use Mobil 1 or Zic oil and change regularly on time with genuine filter, Air filter has also been replaced on time but that didn't make any difference. I think I will try the cleaning the radiator by opening it up the front grill as well. One other thing that came to my mind is could a choked fuel filter be the cause ?
    You should haven't got the brake pads changed, i got mine changed on 115000 kms. I experienced this sound sometime but it goes away itself, i don't know how . When AC compressor gets on there is a small sound, nothing to worry about that. To get maximum efficiency from AC get the AC air filter and blower behind fliter cleaned every 1.5 months.

    Regarding your fuel economy issue, try to change the oil to ZIC XQ and change the plugs to iridium(autolite XP3923 or Denso IK20 ) and then check the difference, may be it will help you to achieve good fuel economy. Also use fuel economy saving techniques like no rapid starts, slow acceleration, driving in 1500-2500 RPM and it should get better.

  7. #3266
    PakWheeler Follow
    AZ6211's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    95
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sdogar View Post
    You should haven't got the brake pads changed, i got mine changed on 115000 kms. I experienced this sound sometime but it goes away itself, i don't know how . When AC compressor gets on there is a small sound, nothing to worry about that. To get maximum efficiency from AC get the AC air filter and blower behind fliter cleaned every 1.5 months.

    Regarding your fuel economy issue, try to change the oil to ZIC XQ and change the plugs to iridium(autolite XP3923 or Denso IK20 ) and then check the difference, may be it will help you to achieve good fuel economy. Also use fuel economy saving techniques like no rapid starts, slow acceleration, driving in 1500-2500 RPM and it should get better.
    Thanks the oil I have been using lately is Mobil 1 Fully Synthetic. I have not given the iridium plugs a try. IFR6J11 is still not available I guess. Did you notice a significant change in economy when u used iridium plugs ?. I use NGK copper and replace them at 10k. I will try changing my fuel station and update you all here if that makes a difference in the economy.

  8. #3267
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    StrikerX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,240
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Ok... So I need a bit of help...

    Like I mentioned a couple of weeks back that my swift was moving towards left (brand new), so I got it checked from dealership here and they did wheel allignment/balancing but its still slightly going left and allignment was done 2 times and they haven't been able to fix it. What to do?

    Secondly, its reducing coolant, which it shouldn't so that's another in the long line of issues. The car also lags in 2nd gear with AC one, its like it has no power in 2nd gear in 2k-3k RPM range.

    p.s Car is driven 8k KM now, is running on Helix Ultra 5W30 and denso IK20's. All scheduled maintanence done on time.
    ChipLoco.com | Anything and everything from the tech world!

  9. #3268
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    s_ruhail's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    1,236
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StrikerX View Post
    Ok... So I need a bit of help...

    Like I mentioned a couple of weeks back that my swift was moving towards left (brand new), so I got it checked from dealership here and they did wheel allignment/balancing but its still slightly going left and allignment was done 2 times and they haven't been able to fix it. What to do?

    Secondly, its reducing coolant, which it shouldn't so that's another in the long line of issues. The car also lags in 2nd gear with AC one, its like it has no power in 2nd gear in 2k-3k RPM range.

    p.s Car is driven 8k KM now, is running on Helix Ultra 5W30 and denso IK20's. All scheduled maintanence done on time.
    Get your rims and tyres checked.
    Might be an issue with them.

    Check coolant pipes for small leakages. Prime cause of disappearing coolant.

    Sent from my GT-I9500

  10. #3269
    PakWheeler Follow
    alitayyab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    40
    Posts
    181
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AZ6211 View Post
    Paksuzuki version has the M13A without VVT. As far as I checked, only the JDM 2004-2009 Swift had M13A with VVT other regions didn't get the VVT version in 1.3 but got it in 1.5 only.
    As i initially said, there are a lot of misconceptions. The m13A (non VVT) can't produce as much power as swift is rated for. m13A Gen 1 Swift is rated for 62hp at 6000 rpm. PKDM swift is rated for 67hp at 6000 which matches output of the m13A with VVT

  11. #3270
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    FarhanAnwarKhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,633
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maaru View Post
    @FarhanAnwarKhan bhai thanks for your reply plans are not for dropping it, in this case 17's will be good? what was your experience with 17's? I have seen that you have installed the stock wheels again.

    P.S silent pakwheeler and fan of your ride
    haha thanks mate...student budget cant afford rims yet..was just testing them..on 17s stock height yeah ok..u will just need to place a spacer on the rear as it sometimes rubs when 2 ppl sit in the back..else ur fine...but if u get the correct size u can drop it...but wont suggest it ..eventually someone will have to sit in the back..
    JDM Always 2 STEPs AHEAD..........

  12. #3271
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    FarhanAnwarKhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,633
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StrikerX View Post
    Ok... So I need a bit of help...

    Like I mentioned a couple of weeks back that my swift was moving towards left (brand new), so I got it checked from dealership here and they did wheel allignment/balancing but its still slightly going left and allignment was done 2 times and they haven't been able to fix it. What to do?

    Secondly, its reducing coolant, which it shouldn't so that's another in the long line of issues. The car also lags in 2nd gear with AC one, its like it has no power in 2nd gear in 2k-3k RPM range.

    p.s Car is driven 8k KM now, is running on Helix Ultra 5W30 and denso IK20's. All scheduled maintanence done on time.
    coolant issue is common....and for AC..in such RPM's i doubt it..in 1-2rev alright...and for alignemnt issue never go to dealership...they never get it right..
    JDM Always 2 STEPs AHEAD..........

  13. #3272
    PakWheeler Follow
    Maaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    24
    Posts
    105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FarhanAnwarKhan View Post
    haha thanks mate...student budget cant afford rims yet..was just testing them..on 17s stock height yeah ok..u will just need to place a spacer on the rear as it sometimes rubs when 2 ppl sit in the back..else ur fine...but if u get the correct size u can drop it...but wont suggest it ..eventually someone will have to sit in the back..

    Haha yeah you are right bro but the thing is that 17 will look so cool so was getting excited if swift can bear it then we should go for it. but as you have experience of 17's then i think we should avoid that and stick to the stock size

  14. #3273
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    FarhanAnwarKhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,633
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maaru View Post
    Haha yeah you are right bro but the thing is that 17 will look so cool so was getting excited if swift can bear it then we should go for it. but as you have experience of 17's then i think we should avoid that and stick to the stock size
    ..friends already using 17s....since 1-2 years....nothing new to it..i dont wanna go for 17s coz fuel consumption...and yes..its daily driven..family shopping daily ki khuwari..even on slammed....coz i only drive it..
    JDM Always 2 STEPs AHEAD..........

  15. #3274
    PakWheeler Follow
    Maaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    24
    Posts
    105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FarhanAnwarKhan View Post
    ..friends already using 17s....since 1-2 years....nothing new to it..i dont wanna go for 17s coz fuel consumption...and yes..its daily driven..family shopping daily ki khuwari..even on slammed....coz i only drive it..

    yup oki bro i got my mind cleared about 17's

  16. #3275
    PakWheeler Follow
    ZESTY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    38
    Posts
    493
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Suzuki Swift Owners Club

    Quote Originally Posted by StrikerX View Post
    Ok... So I need a bit of help...

    Like I mentioned a couple of weeks back that my swift was moving towards left (brand new), so I got it checked from dealership here and they did wheel allignment/balancing but its still slightly going left and allignment was done 2 times and they haven't been able to fix it. What to do?

    Secondly, its reducing coolant, which it shouldn't so that's another in the long line of issues. The car also lags in 2nd gear with AC one, its like it has no power in 2nd gear in 2k-3k RPM range.

    p.s Car is driven 8k KM now, is running on Helix Ultra 5W30 and denso IK20's. All scheduled maintanence done on time.
    I haven't driven a car in my life which doesn't slightly go to the right or left. So I don't think it is something to worry about if it is slightly going to either side. Mine goes to the left as we'll buy slightly; you can't drive without holding the steering.

    Coolant issue is serious. It should not reduce but do mention how much coolant it's reducing.

    Car should not be under powered on 2nd gear if rpm is at 3k but i can't comment on it as it depends on how we drive the car.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The More You Learn the Better You Get.......Drive Safe, for Yourself, for Your Loved Ones and for Humanity

  17. #3276
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    StrikerX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,240
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZESTY View Post
    I haven't driven a car in my life which doesn't slightly go to the right n left. So I don't think it is something to worry about if it is slightly going to either side. Mine goes to the left as we'll buy slightly; you can't drive without holding the steering.

    Coolant issue is serious. It should not reduce but do mention how much coolant it's reducing.

    Car should not be under powered on 2nd gear if rpm is at 3k but i can't comment on it as it depends on how we drive the car.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ofc every car will go slightly left or right depending on road tilt but its doing that on straight roads where my other car (Axio) doesn't do that and the other thing which I forgot to mention, if I move the steering slightly to the right it moves back to the centre immediately whereas when I move it slightly to the left (same as right) it stays in that position which is unusual.

    Coolant started reducing when AC use started in the car, it reduced from Max of reserve bottle to slightly below Min in around a month's time.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    ChipLoco.com | Anything and everything from the tech world!

  18. #3277
    PakWheeler Follow
    ZESTY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    38
    Posts
    493
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Suzuki Swift Owners Club

    Quote Originally Posted by StrikerX View Post
    Ofc every car will go slightly left or right depending on road tilt but its doing that on straight roads where my other car (Axio) doesn't do that and the other thing which I forgot to mention, if I move the steering slightly to the right it moves back to the centre immediately whereas when I move it slightly to the left (same as right) it stays in that position which is unusual.

    Coolant started reducing when AC use started in the car, it reduced from Max of reserve bottle to slightly below Min in around a month's time.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    it feels that alignment is not good, please get it checked from some renowned alignment centre; I have bad experience with Suzuki 3s regarding alignment.

    New car doesn't reduce coolant, mine is exactly where it was when I bought the car and odo is at 29000. Did You ever open the lid of ur cars radiator? If yes try to reopen and close it again. The level is dropping very slowly so I doubt if there is anything it would b some small leakage.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The More You Learn the Better You Get.......Drive Safe, for Yourself, for Your Loved Ones and for Humanity

  19. #3278
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    StrikerX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,240
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZESTY View Post
    New car doesn't reduce coolant, mine is exactly where it was when I bought the car and odo is at 29000. Did You ever open the lid of ur cars radiator? If yes try to reopen and close it again. The level is dropping very slowly so I doubt if there is anything it would b some small leakage.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Radiator cap? Nope.

    Got coolant added and brake service done from 3S today. The mechanic also drove the car and mentioned the car is feeling quite heavy with AC on so will get that checked tomorrow along with the few other things.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    ChipLoco.com | Anything and everything from the tech world!

  20. #3279
    PakWheeler Follow
    ZESTY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    38
    Posts
    493
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StrikerX View Post
    Radiator cap? Nope.

    Got coolant added and brake service done from 3S today. The mechanic also drove the car and mentioned the car is feeling quite heavy with AC on so will get that checked tomorrow along with the few other things.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    U shud get it checked if it's losing power with AC on


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The More You Learn the Better You Get.......Drive Safe, for Yourself, for Your Loved Ones and for Humanity

  21. #3280
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Sdogar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,520
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alitayyab View Post
    As i initially said, there are a lot of misconceptions. The m13A (non VVT) can't produce as much power as swift is rated for. m13A Gen 1 Swift is rated for 62hp at 6000 rpm. PKDM swift is rated for 67hp at 6000 which matches output of the m13A with VVT
    Correction M13A produces 67KW(89.8 hp) and not 67 hp
    Generation 1 Swift had M13A which produced 67 KW(.SUZUKI SWIFT, 1.3XE catalog - reviews, pics, specs and prices | Goo-net Exchange)

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •