Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Cool Suzuki Swift Owners Club

Suzuki Swift Owners Club - 14126521430 e098949a94 o

Welcome aboard the Suzuki Swift Owners Club, a group for the passionate and crazy owners of Suzuki Swift.

This thread will serve as a discussion forum for all the owners of Suzuki Swift across Pakistan. Members can post their experiences as well seek help for their automobile in various areas of interest.

Apart from the regular discussion and posts there would be regular meets, get together as well as cruises in cities across Pakistan. The primary motive of the club is to promote the desire of the members to help and share information with other fellow members particularly related to Suzuki Swift.

For the convenience of the members, below is a list of problems/ solutions being posted by different members of Suzuki Swift. Just click on any to go to that specific topic.

Table of Contents

1. Guide to CNG conversion
    2. Workshop manual (pdf)
    3. Maintenance Tips for owners
    4. Causes of poor mileage
    5. Platinum vs. Iridium Plugs debate
    6. Rain water accumulation problem in the spare wheel area
    7. Guide to measure mileage

Guide to Suzuki Authorized Dealerships
    Key: Recommended - Not Recommended

Karachi
    Suzuki Carachi Motors
    Suzuki South
    Naseer Autos

Suzuki North
    Suzuki Defence Motors
    Khair Agencies
    I.G Motors
    Suzuki POLAD
    Lahore
    Suzuki Master Motors
    Islamabad
    Suzuki Islamabad Motors I-9
    Azim Motors I-10
    Suzuki Kazmi Motors

Suzuki Federal Motors Islamabad
    Suzuki Chaudary Motors Murree Road
    Suzuki Humak Motors Islamabad
    Suzuki Chaudary Humak Motors
    Suzuki 6th Road Motors
    Multan
    Suzuki Oriental Motors
    Bhawalpur
    Suzuki Bahawalpur Motors
    Gujranwala
    Suzuki Gujranwala Motors

More coming soon...

Thank you for your stay

Baat karo haq ki, chahay hatt jaye sabki

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nayefs View Post
    SHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

(((((((

now what do I do ?
    Get a scanner that support jobd and such scanner aren't cheap be ready to spend something near 15-20k

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

3s dealer charge 1700/- for scanning however local mechanics charge 300 to 500 hundred

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Why don't the devices work though ?
    There has to be a way around it.

Can any of you who have the ELM327 tell me exactly what are the error messages that you face when trying to connect ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have, it connects and try to search the protocol but failed. Note that I used this device via torque

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mkashifnadeem View Post
    I have, it connects and try to search the protocol but failed. Note that I used this device via torque

hmmm, okay thanks for informing.

hope I find a fix for this soon without buying a device for 15 -20 k

Sad to see how everywhere else in the world people can just get the ELM327 and use it as plug and play,
    but us Pakistani's are getting swindled

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hmmm, okay thanks for informing.

hope I find a fix for this soon without buying a device for 15 -20 k

Sad to see how everywhere else in the world people can just get the ELM327 and use it as plug and play,
    but us Pakistani's are getting swindled
    Suzuki uses proprietory protocols in OBD hence the ELM wont work on it...
    Whenever a bird shits on my car, I eat a plate of scrambled eggs on my front porch just to let them know what I'm capable of...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by c4capricorn View Post
    Suzuki uses proprietory protocols in OBD hence the ELM wont work on it...
    Which one is recommended for it?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Today my swift speedometer just stopped working... can anyone confirm that is it cable operated or sensor operated?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi guys my swift done 10,000kms.
    Now need to change engine oil. please kindly guide me which engine oil should i use.
    My swift is running on suzuki engine oil from day 1st.
    so guide me what should i do now..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mfahadb001 View Post
    Hi guys my swift done 10,000kms.
    Now need to change engine oil. please kindly guide me which engine oil should i use.
    so guide me what should i do now..
    Try any good brand 5w40 it's bit expensive but good for swift

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hi guys my swift done 10,000kms.
    Now need to change engine oil. Please kindly guide me which engine oil should i use.
    So guide me what should i do now..
    zic x9 5w-40 (xq)
    This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Guys, a little bit of information that the forum members should be aware about.

Yesterday I went to Suzuki Mini Motors to get my bumpers fixed and after they did that (complete to my satisfaction), I asked their head mechanic to take a look at my car as I had recently purchased it (I'm the second owner) and tell me if there were any issues with it.

The only real issue I'm facing currently is that sometimes when I put the car in first gear and accelerate the engine revs a bit too much but then I have to control it and it becomes normal, but then again this isn't something that worries me and it doesn't really happen all the time and the amount it revs on its own isn't too much.

Anyways, the mechanic drove the car a little and pin pointed this issue and asked me if I was facing something like high revs?!?

I was really impressed by that and said yes I am and then he proceeded further to look into the engine bay and tell me how a few wires were lose and this and that gave me an overall verdict about the condition of the engine and the car.

He basically said that the car was okay and I shouldn't be worried at all however the rev issue is because of the throttle controller and I should get it opened and cleaned thoroughly and then it will run extremely smooth. He proceeded to tell me that the procedure takes an hour and will cost 1700 Rs after taxes.

Now as soon as he mentioned that he would have to open the throttle controller to fix it, all kinds of red flags started to go up in my head and I told him I will get it done later in a few days.

When I started the car again to leave, the engine light turned on and stayed on. Now this pissed me off furiously as this hadn't happened before since I had bought the car, to fix this , he checked a few wires again and then disconnected the battery for 2 minutes and then told me to start the car again. I did and the light was gone.

After I got home (around 10 kms distance) the light was back on, I immediately drove back and gave the mechanic a piece of my mind. Firstly he simply refused to look at my car because apparently he was on a lunch break so they made me wait. I meanwhile had gone to all the supervisors and they assured me and apologized that they would sort this issue out so I waited for another 30 minutes

Then this other guy came with a scanner and he connected it into the port of the car and basically said that everything was fine with the car but the light was on due to an Oxygen Sensor issue and the reason he gave me was that its producing too much oxygen.

When I asked him that why didn't the light turn on while I was using the car and is the car producing more oxygen since I've come into your workshop?

he didn't have an answer.

Anyways, whatever he did with his scanner sorted the issue out and the light was gone after that. He told me to drive the car and if the light comes back on again they will fix it to which I said I can't drive back and forth because of a problem that has been caused by your mechanic in the first place but still giving you the benefit of the doubt, lets suppose I've gone and the light is back on again, what will you check then?

He said we will check the wiring so I made them check it while I was still there and thankfully there were not any issues with it.

Afterwards I went to their supervisor Radhid Mansoor and inquired that earlier on your mechanic had suggested getting the throttle controller cleaned so would you suggest that I get it done and he was a very honest person I must say and told me not to mess around with it so I thanked him and hauled *** outta there .

I realize i've made a very long post here but my basic message to you all is that I had gone to Mini Motors because a number of people have really praised them here on pakwheels so figured it was worth a shot. But this experience has left me with doubt and unsure about the quality of customer service Suzuki boasts to give its clients. Please always be careful and aware when others try to swindle you. I for one will hesitate in trusting the mechanic at Suzuki Mini Motors for a while.

Peace
    So I made this post a few days back and would like to update it with the latest information and guide lines hoping it will help forum members in future...

I got my car tuned from Mini Motors today and everything that was done to it was done by their Foreman Jahanzeb. He really knows his stuff. I highly recommend anyone and everyone who goes to Mini Motors to get his car fixed by him or just let him check your car once atleast just to hear his expertise. My car was giving me a lot of little problems since my last ordeal at Mini Motors but today he did engine tuning , changed plugs , cleaned throttle body with petrol and checked other small things ..oil etc and now it's purring like a kitten alhumdullilah .. no more Rev drops at idle or otherwise and power is constant and smooth and I couldn't be more happier .. Moreover ..I took the car on Motorway after workshop and went to Bhera for tea etc and came back just now with AC on and Alhumdullilah car is perfect for now ..leaving me highly satisfied ..
    My verdict is

ALWAYS ASK FOR JAHANZEB THE FOREMAN WHEN YOU GO TO MINI MOTORS.

p.s : still working on the obd2 port issue ... no such luck on that front sadly

Enjoy your rides and drive safe.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

As Salam,

going to purchase swift soon, what are the basic things i should check , my mechanic is going to check the car but just curious what are the things i should also be checking. few questions in mind are following.

1. I am going to purchase 2012 or 2013 models. what will be the transfer fee ? i have my NTN registered recently but i have not filed any returns yet as it will be done in July-2016.

2. what are the default accessories i should look for DLX models.

3. Is is possible to reverse the digital mileage meter ? yes no ?

4 . what should be the first maintenance steps i should be taking after purchase.

Thanks,

-RM

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Raffye.Memon View Post
    As Salam,

going to purchase swift soon, what are the basic things i should check , my mechanic is going to check the car but just curious what are the things i should also be checking. few questions in mind are following.

1. I am going to purchase 2012 or 2013 models. what will be the transfer fee ? i have my NTN registered recently but i have not filed any returns yet as it will be done in July-2016.

4 . what should be the first maintenance steps i should be taking after purchase.

Thanks,

-RM
    Don't just tale "any" mechanic with you take some swift expert with you
    1) same as 1.6 cars
    2) abs and alloys are major things between dlx and dx
    3)yes it is
    4) maintenance according to odo reading

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Raffye.Memon View Post
    As Salam,

Thanks,

-RM

Firstly, Congratulations on your purchase and as a recent Swift owner I can tell you that the car is worth the money as its the equivalent to your standard 1300 cc cars on a budget.

What saboor73 pointed out pretty much sums up everything you need to know but here are the things I think should be considered too while buying any car.

Pre Purchase Checklist:

1. Check the engine of the car before buying. If it makes a knocking sound right before you accelerate the car and right before it starts to gain speed don't buy the car as its a clear cut sign that the engine has not been taken care of and will give you trouble later onwards. Just say NO to that car and move on.

2.Check RPM isn't low when you leave the car on idle and not making the car vibrate or shake.

3.Check for touching and denting painting. You can do this by walking around the car and checking every single piece and see the reflection you get. If it is blurry on one peace and very clear on the other, that means the piece has been painted again so use that to get a lower price for your purchase.

4. While taking the car on a test drive, don't be gentle. Give it the beans and see for signs of wear and tear in its performance. Do this with the Air Conditioner on too.

5. Always buy a car from someone who keeps a service history. Those cars that come from owners that keep a service history is a clear cut sign that they have been looked after and the ones without will most likely be a giant risk. Sadly, not many people in our country keep a service history though and don't even bother checking the water, oil etc themsevles but get their drivers or servants to do that and those servants simply put "gari ka kabara nikal daitay hein". Avoid buying cars from these type of people.

6. Ask the previous owner the reason for selling the car. Always good to find out if there is something wrong with the car or not. Ofcourse the seller won't tell you this but you can appraise the real reason according to the answer you get.

7.If you end up giving the bayyanah for the car note the Odometer reading, and when you take the delivery compare it to know the owner hasn't been driving around a lot after taking bayyanah etc.

8.Check the radiator and ensure the pipes are clean and not rusted. If rusted, it will give you a lot of major problems.

9.Check tail pipe for traces of carbon deposits, the less the better.

10.Check the tires before buying. If the tread is almost gone then its a sign that the car has been driven a lot and another way of telling whether the meter has been tempered with or not.

11.Check spare tire and make sure you have all the tools for changing the tyre.

These are some of the things that I feel are essential before buying a used car.

Post Purchase Checklist:

1.Get Engine Oil changed first thing. Drive straight to a petrol pump if you must but don't delay this. I use Shell HX7 5w30 for my car and its doing good for me so far.

2.Get Engine Tuning done from a workshop of your choice (preferably an official Suzuki Outlet as they have the proper tools etc). This is important because the mechanics there will be able to determine what kind of condition the car is in exactly from there on out and give you an idea of the do's and don'ts regarding your particular vehicle.

3.Get new Air Filter and AC Filter.

4.Get the brakes checked and ask if they need to be replaced. The people at Suzuki will tell you this.

These are just some of the things that can give you peace of mind before and after purchase..

Wish you best of luck and hope you love the car as much as I do haha

I really like it

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mkashifnadeem View Post
    Try any good brand 5w40 it's bit expensive but good for swift

but suzuki recommends 10w-40
    would it be safe if i use 5w-40 aka ZIC X9 (XQ)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

B.t.w my 10,000kms inspection is due.
    which things shold i change with engine oil.
    what about spark plugs?
    anything special should i look for?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

but suzuki recommends 10w-40
    would it be safe if i use 5w-40 aka ZIC X9 (XQ)
    Zic 5w40 XQ is best for swift and better grade than 10w40

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

what about spark plugs?
    I presume you would taking your car to the dealership.

This is what they would be doing:

Change oil and oil filter.
    Inspect air filter (will only change if needed)
    Inspect brakes (will service them)
    Inspect tires (possibly rotate them if needed)
    Inspect nuts and bolts
    Inspect power steering
    Inspect all latches, hinges and locks
    Inspect air conditioner
    Inspect car electronics
    Inspect gear oil
    Inspect nuts and bolts on suspension system
    Inspect suspension system

(Wherever they say "inspection", consider it being checked, cleaned, adjusted, lubricated or changed as needed)

A general tune up will also be done which would include cleaning of the spark plugs and throttle body (if needed)

This is what the dealership does and is more of a Suzuki trend. So not many things would be changed/replaced.
    2015 Suzuki Swift DLX | 2015 Honda City 1.3

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

what about spark plugs?
    I presume that your car is in warranty.... if it is, you better not use any other oil than SGP since it will void the warranty.

If still you want to go for a good oil, I am currently using 5w-40 Liqui moly Hightech synthoil. it will cost you around 5k but has a drain interval of upto 7-8k kms..

Alternately you can use Zic X9 5w-40. It is similar oil with i believe having same drain interval.
    Whenever a bird shits on my car, I eat a plate of scrambled eggs on my front porch just to let them know what I'm capable of...

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List