Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 20 of 20
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By xenerking
  • 1 Post By AsFand26
  • 1 Post By aamirq
  • 1 Post By ecu_designer
  • 1 Post By afnanSJfayaz
  • 1 Post By ecu_designer

Thread: buzz sound from ignition switch

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    archon2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    44
    Posts
    2,223
    Follows
    6
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default buzz sound from ignition switch

    aoa experts / fellows kindly help me solve this problem.

    said car is suzuki swift auto done 15k km on petrol no cng installed.

    problem happens in morning when i try to start the car i hear a buzz sound for just few seconds an then it despair.
    it only happens in cold start.
    car starts without any problem. no weird noise from engine room
    battery is new maintenance free and terminals are all well tight without any type of buildup on them.
    have checked the alternator working absolutely fine with load and without load of lights/ac etc.

    i have checked terminal to starter motor all secured well and no sign of any build of rust or grease of any type.
    car have complete maintenance history, have got it chkd with suzuki dealers but damm car don't show any sign when in workshop.

    tks for yr time and yr feed back is needed.

    kind regards


    Click here to go to the ANSWER
    Help others so that u can be Helped

  2. #2
    Site Banned Follow
    moon558's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    14
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    The sound of buzz is very nice and best for the hear.

  3. #3
    PakWheeler Follow
    abdulhmani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    86
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by archon2001 View Post
    aoa experts / fellows kindly help me solve this problem.

    said car is suzuki swift auto done 15k km on petrol no cng installed.

    problem happens in morning when i try to start the car i hear a buzz sound for just few seconds an then it despair.
    it only happens in cold start.
    car starts without any problem. no weird noise from engine room
    battery is new maintenance free and terminals are all well tight without any type of buildup on them.
    have checked the alternator working absolutely fine with load and without load of lights/ac etc.

    i have checked terminal to starter motor all secured well and no sign of any build of rust or grease of any type.
    car have complete maintenance history, have got it chkd with suzuki dealers but damm car don't show any sign when in workshop.

    tks for yr time and yr feed back is needed.

    kind regards
    Its basically the sound af all the sensors turning on like abs etc. The sound is present in every swift out there. Nothing to worry about

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using PW Forums mobile app

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    archon2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    44
    Posts
    2,223
    Follows
    6
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abdulhmani View Post
    Its basically the sound af all the sensors turning on like abs etc. The sound is present in every swift out there. Nothing to worry about

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using PW Forums mobile app
    tks for yr value able input .

    kind regards
    Help others so that u can be Helped

  5. #5
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    xenerking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,028
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    fuel pump prepping the fuel pressure

  6. #6
    PakWheeler Follow
    AsFand26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Peshawar
    Posts
    983
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Thats the fuel pump sound
    you ll hear it everytime you turn on the ignition, but its very much apparent during morning.
    its normal. My swift had it. Even my new civic has it. Let that sound disappear then crank the engine
    cheers

  7. #7
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    archon2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    44
    Posts
    2,223
    Follows
    6
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    thank you all for the replies , so finally its not some thing which needed to worry abt, well thats a relief .

    kind regards
    Help others so that u can be Helped

  8. #8
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    irfansiddique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,765
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    well yes you do get to hear fuel pump energizing sound when you put the key @ ignition level, whereas if you are getting a screeching or buzz sound from the ignition you need to get it services may be the release solenoid is making sound.

  9. #9
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    aamirq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,731
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    its the sound of the fuel pump..its either a beep ya buzz!
    "The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very ruff, mean place, and no matter how tuff you think you are, it will always bring you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.You or nobody ain't never gonna hit as hard as life, but it ain't about how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much you can take and keep moving forward. If you know what you're worth, go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hit."
    - Sylvester Stallone

  10. #10
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    afnan.bashir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,994
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    According to my intuition if you are talking instantly after starting it is due to car Injectors. When car is not at its optimum temperature it runs a little rich which means more ms of time each injector opens. this opening and closing of the injectors. but its not loud its faint

    Other thing is that fuel pump primes. when car is being left over night.
    93 Accord CB7 (Sold) / 2005 CL7

  11. #11
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    archon2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    44
    Posts
    2,223
    Follows
    6
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by irfansiddique View Post
    well yes you do get to hear fuel pump energizing sound when you put the key @ ignition level, whereas if you are getting a screeching or buzz sound from the ignition you need to get it services may be the release solenoid is making sound.
    no its not screeching but buzz sound is there which happens only in morning start not any other time. car is still under warranty but i am sure suzuki people will not entertain her as twice i was there and it didn't happend in front of them. any way will revisit them and ask for recheck the fuel pump.
    tks for yr valuable input and time .

    kind regards
    Help others so that u can be Helped

  12. #12
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    archon2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    44
    Posts
    2,223
    Follows
    6
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by afnan.bashir View Post
    According to my intuition if you are talking instantly after starting it is due to car Injectors. When car is not at its optimum temperature it runs a little rich which means more ms of time each injector opens. this opening and closing of the injectors. but its not loud its faint

    Other thing is that fuel pump primes. when car is being left over night.
    car is left start at least for whole minute or 2 before it moves.
    i was thinking to replace the fuel filter this time perhaps that is clogged too and then will ask the technician to prime the fuel pump.
    tks for yr valuable input and time .

    kind regards
    Help others so that u can be Helped

  13. #13
    PakWheeler Follow
    ecu_designer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    255
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by archon2001 View Post
    car is left start at least for whole minute or 2 before it moves.
    i was thinking to replace the fuel filter this time perhaps that is clogged too and then will ask the technician to prime the fuel pump.
    tks for yr valuable input and time .

    kind regards
    Injectors sound like tick tick tick ...... no buzzing

    I think its Idling Air Control (IAC) value PWM frequency buzz noise or IAC stepper motor initialization noise, dude nothing to worry about its normal

    do u hear this buzz sound just before cranking???

  14. #14
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    afnanSJfayaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    Posts
    1,164
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I hear it in my Altis auto every time it disappears when the lights on the dash go like abs, engine check, battery etc. I get it, every time be it morning evening, winters, summers.

  15. #15
    PakWheeler Follow
    ecu_designer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    255
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by afnanSJfayaz View Post
    I hear it in my Altis auto every time it disappears when the lights on the dash go like abs, engine check, battery etc. I get it, every time be it morning evening, winters, summers.
    I m sure its IAC (solenoid / stepper motor type) valve noise, there is nothing to worry about

    whereas in case of auto transmission there r lots of solenoid valves working on different duty cycles.

    In case of my vitz ETCS i can hear the ETCS motor pwm freq noise

  16. #16
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    umarkhan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sargodha
    Posts
    2,312
    Follows
    6
    Following
    8
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    Make a video and then post



    Sent from my iPhone 4S using PW Forums mobile app
    Just Do It Your Self!!!!!

  17. #17
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    archon2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    44
    Posts
    2,223
    Follows
    6
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ecu_designer View Post

    do u hear this buzz sound just before cranking???
    yes but not every time.
    Help others so that u can be Helped

  18. #18
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    archon2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    44
    Posts
    2,223
    Follows
    6
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    today got fuel filter replaced it was all clogged thats what they say.
    tank cleaned and fuel pump got prime too. don't know how they do that, as its not possible to enter their workshop and take pictures.
    will see in the morning and update.

    thank you all and kind regards
    Help others so that u can be Helped

  19. #19
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    archon2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    44
    Posts
    2,223
    Follows
    6
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    2nd day now no more buzz sound ,
    i believe problem solved .

    thank you all for yr valuable advises.

    jazak Allah khair.
    Help others so that u can be Helped

  20. #20
    PakWheeler Follow
    northernbeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    12
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Thanks for sharing it.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •