Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
Results 301 to 320 of 327
Like Tree223Likes

Thread: my experience of the PKDM Swift auto (2014)

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    omar_575's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,731
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default my experience of the PKDM Swift auto (2014)

    Hi there,

    my family has bought a suzuki swift auto in dark blue color.

    I already have a 2010 PKDM swift DLX (https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/mem...ence-new-swift) and have enjoyed it so much that my family decided to buy the auto version of the same car.

    We needed a hatchback with all safety and security features and this is the car that met our requirement.

    I have kept a JDM 660cc (https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/mem...-daihatsu-move) and was not too keen to buy a second hand JDM car this time. especially after this thread: (https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/spo...ese-660cc-cars)

    Total cost uptil now:
    Price of car: 1,416,000
    Tax paid during booking (tax payer) : 50,000
    Insurance (insured for 1,468,000):44,000
    Registration: 53,000
    freight charges: 17,800
    Floor mats and mudflaps (purchased from the suzuki dealership) : 1700

    videos:

    PKDM '14 suzuki swift 0-80 km/hr -full throttle - Video Dailymotion

    PKDM '14 suzuki swift 40-125 km/hr -full throttle - Video Dailymotion

    fuel mileage of first 267 kms : 10.74 km/l (details in post #183)
    Second fuel mileage ( car driven since new -501 km) : 10.52 km/l

    Post 500 and 1000 kms
    Average mileage :10 km/l

    Attached Images Attached Images  

  2. #301
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mubeenshahid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Sargodha
    Age
    25
    Posts
    8,355
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    ^Swift is 2 lakhs expensive and still lacks airbags
    Aunda Fan

  3. #302
    PakWheeler Follow
    bmuqtadir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    23
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mubeenshahid View Post
    ^Swift is 2 lakhs expensive and still lacks airbags

    my point exactly !
    Judging by the crappy build quality I am quite sure you need will need the airbags ... Hopefully they are not as
    bad as these ...

    "recalled 2.9 million vehicles globally over Takata air bags that are at risk of exploding and shooting shrapnel at passengers and drivers. That takes the tally of Takata air bag recalls over the past five years to some 10.5 million vehicles"

  4. #303
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    mubeenshahid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Sargodha
    Age
    25
    Posts
    8,355
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    ^ If i will have money for swift i will surely go for it otherwise compared to wagon R faw v2 is a good choice
    Aunda Fan

  5. #304
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    COOLTAHIR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    19
    Posts
    4,702
    Follows
    9
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Update plz
    FeeL YoUng DriVE YoUnG......

  6. #305
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    COOLTAHIR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    19
    Posts
    4,702
    Follows
    9
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Bump....
    FeeL YoUng DriVE YoUnG......

  7. #306
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Bombaywalla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,649
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I quite like the dark blue on the Swift. Good choice.

    I don't think Maruti Suzuki offers dark blue on their Swift, but I know they do on their Swift Dzire (sedan).
    Keep it simple.

  8. #307
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    omar_575's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,731
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Sorry guys I was busy in my job and all.
    I've been driving the auto swift alot. it has done 5000 kms and has been trouble free so far. The auto tranny is excellent and I don't find any lag or sluggishness ( maybe it's because my previous car was a 660 cc jdm ).
    I would recommend this car to everyone. However the price is the limiting factor. At this price you can get a bigger car - like a Honda city.

  9. #308
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Bombaywalla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,649
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by omar_575 View Post
    Sorry guys I was busy in my job and all.
    I've been driving the auto swift alot. it has done 5000 kms and has been trouble free so far. The auto tranny is excellent and I don't find any lag or sluggishness ( maybe it's because my previous car was a 660 cc jdm ).
    I would recommend this car to everyone. However the price is the limiting factor. At this price you can get a bigger car - like a Honda city.
    That's the other thing that irks me - why would anybody want to buy a "bigger" car just because it might be priced closer to a smaller car; two different segments, but I guess South Asian people (both Indian and Pakistani) think bigger is always better.

    p.s: I think the Honda City looks rubbish
    Keep it simple.

  10. #309
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    COOLTAHIR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    19
    Posts
    4,702
    Follows
    9
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by omar_575 View Post
    Sorry guys I was busy in my job and all.
    I've been driving the auto swift alot. it has done 5000 kms and has been trouble free so far. The auto tranny is excellent and I don't find any lag or sluggishness ( maybe it's because my previous car was a 660 cc jdm ).
    I would recommend this car to everyone. However the price is the limiting factor. At this price you can get a bigger car - like a Honda city.
    Hows its quality as compared to ur 10 model swift
    FeeL YoUng DriVE YoUnG......

  11. #310
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    omar_575's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,731
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by COOLTAHIR View Post
    Hows its quality as compared to ur 10 model swift
    Exactly the same. The manual swift has done around 76,000 kms and still drives well. It has been taken on all sorts of roads and we have had no issues so far.
    However we plan to change the 2010 swift next year and buy an auto city if the new model comes out by then or another auto swift :p

  12. #311
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    COOLTAHIR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    19
    Posts
    4,702
    Follows
    9
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by omar_575 View Post
    Exactly the same. The manual swift has done around 76,000 kms and still drives well. It has been taken on all sorts of roads and we have had no issues so far.
    However we plan to change the 2010 swift next year and buy an auto city if the new model comes out by then or another auto swift :p
    Haha right!
    Actully i was thinking to change my swift dx with some other car so keeping in view every car suddenly i got a idea why not to buy a auto swift with navigation?
    What did you suggest bro
    FeeL YoUng DriVE YoUnG......

  13. #312
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    COOLTAHIR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    19
    Posts
    4,702
    Follows
    9
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Bumpppp
    FeeL YoUng DriVE YoUnG......

  14. #313
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    omar_575's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,731
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    The auto swift has been driven 10,000 kms and is a fun car.

    The car refused to start one day and I immediately called the suzuki roadside assistance number. They came and found some engine component to be clogged. They cleaned it and advised to get it filled with 10 liters of high octane whenever i fill it with regular fuel.
    As there isn't much of a price difference in regular and high octane I've started using high octane.
    Result - the car has better acceleration and the engine problem has never happened again.

    We all love the swift auto so much that we will replace our '10 swift manual with an auto variant in 2 months

  15. #314
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    altisdualvvti's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    21
    Posts
    1,966
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by omar_575 View Post
    The auto swift has been driven 10,000 kms and is a fun car.

    The car refused to start one day and I immediately called the suzuki roadside assistance number. They came and found some engine component to be clogged. They cleaned it and advised to get it filled with 10 liters of high octane whenever i fill it with regular fuel.
    As there isn't much of a price difference in regular and high octane I've started using high octane.
    Result - the car has better acceleration and the engine problem has never happened again.

    We all love the swift auto so much that we will replace our '10 swift manual with an auto variant in 2 months
    Engine component clogged which component is this and at 10k only isn't it strange and why at the first place the car needs high octance as far as i know the with 2.0 and above needs high octance as swift has a 1.3L engine so it should do fine with regular petrol as i never heard about such thing in manual swift

    Sent from my GFIVE G10 mini using Tapatalk

  16. #315
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    omar_575's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,731
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by altisdualvvti View Post
    Engine component clogged which component is this and at 10k only isn't it strange and why at the first place the car needs high octance as far as i know the with 2.0 and above needs high octance as swift has a 1.3L engine so it should do fine with regular petrol as i never heard about such thing in manual swift

    Sent from my GFIVE G10 mini using Tapatalk
    Yes I know it's very strange. Unfortunately I had to go to work that day and the suzuki mechanics came to my house and fixed it in the presence of my driver. I will ask them what they did as I know these guys well.

  17. #316
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    COOLTAHIR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Select City
    Age
    19
    Posts
    4,702
    Follows
    9
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by omar_575 View Post
    Yes I know it's very strange. Unfortunately I had to go to work that day and the suzuki mechanics came to my house and fixed it in the presence of my driver. I will ask them what they did as I know these guys well.
    are you sure it was not problem of immoblizer ?
    same case happend with me my swift refused to start then mechanic came my home and found immoblizer is malfunctioning he then opened up engine and did something and changed something now 3 years have been passed and my Car is working well ALHAMDOLILLAH.
    AND yes immoblizer light was blinking when car refused to start
    FeeL YoUng DriVE YoUnG......

  18. #317
    PakWheeler Follow
    the_mob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    18
    Posts
    213
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by omar_575 View Post
    this car has cost us 1,582,500
    Can you give detail , how this car cost you that much ?

  19. #318
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    omar_575's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,731
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by COOLTAHIR View Post
    are you sure it was not problem of immoblizer ?
    same case happend with me my swift refused to start then mechanic came my home and found immoblizer is malfunctioning he then opened up engine and did something and changed something now 3 years have been passed and my Car is working well ALHAMDOLILLAH.
    AND yes immoblizer light was blinking when car refused to start
    Oh right. No that wasn't my case.

  20. #319
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    omar_575's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,731
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    My cars tyre became flat when I accidentally hit the cars tyre on the sharp corner of an elevated slab of cement.
    I tried changing the tyre but the jack wouldn't work. So I called a tyre guy who had to bring his jack
    I went to the suzuki dealership and they told me that the jack isn't working properly because the rod in it is bent.
    The say they've had a few other complaints. A new jack costs 2800 if you get it from the suzuki dealership.
    Please check your jack and if necessary get it changed.
    This car has done 11,000 kms so they say I might get it in warranty. Will keep you guys updated
    Attached Images Attached Images   

  21. #320
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    arzaam.bhatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    20
    Posts
    2,469
    Follows
    6
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    nice info, i hope you didn't damage the rim
    If everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •