Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Like Tree223Likes

Thread: my experience of the PKDM Swift auto (2014)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default my experience of the PKDM Swift auto (2014)

Hi there,

my family has bought a suzuki swift auto in dark blue color.

I already have a 2010 PKDM swift DLX (https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/mem...ence-new-swift) and have enjoyed it so much that my family decided to buy the auto version of the same car.

We needed a hatchback with all safety and security features and this is the car that met our requirement.

I have kept a JDM 660cc (https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/mem...-daihatsu-move) and was not too keen to buy a second hand JDM car this time. especially after this thread: (https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/spo...ese-660cc-cars)

Total cost uptil now:
    Price of car: 1,416,000
    Tax paid during booking (tax payer) : 50,000
    Insurance (insured for 1,468,000):44,000
    freight charges: 17,800
    Floor mats and mudflaps (purchased from the suzuki dealership) : 1700

videos:

PKDM '14 suzuki swift 0-80 km/hr -full throttle - Video Dailymotion

PKDM '14 suzuki swift 40-125 km/hr -full throttle - Video Dailymotion

fuel mileage of first 267 kms : 10.74 km/l (details in post #183)
    Second fuel mileage ( car driven since new -501 km) : 10.52 km/l

Post 500 and 1000 kms
    Average mileage :10 km/l

Attached Images Attached Images  

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

we got 3 keys- 2 button keys and one ordinary key. just like the 2010 swift

in the civic we got just one button key

the best thing about this car is the immobiliser. unfortunately neither the city or the corolla have that otherwise we might have bought those

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the two years warranty card, free first 1000 and 5000 kms vouchers

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by c4capricorn View Post
    the thing with General tyres is as per gov policy, all local manufacturers r required to install locally manufactured tyres...until the profile was not available with general, Honda provided Bridgestone ones...similar is the case with swift. since general tyres r not making tyres matching swift factory specs, PS can import tauranzas and DB. but once general tyres start manufacturing them, no more tauranzas or Db.
    oh okay

i always assumed the honda dealers are making that up as an excuse to give low quality tyres

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Vajih102 View Post
    InshAllah you won't. As Regards hi Octane, Some Member here told me that was the Recommended fuel for it. Need to check with the Manual + Dealership!

Sent from my HUAWEI G610-U20 using PW Forums mobile app
    all right, I shall confirm that.

btw, i didn't follow the life long tradition of filling the new car with hi octane.. filled it up with the cheaper regular fuel. the price difference was too much to follow an unauthenticated rule

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@omar_575 Sir Many Many congrats from my side may this car serve u well in coming times.And waiting for the comparaction with manual swift fuel average,rpm at high speeds,topspeed and acceleration.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by altisdualvvti View Post
    @omar_575 Sir Many Many congrats from my side may this car serve u well in coming times.And waiting for the comparaction with manual swift fuel average,rpm at high speeds,topspeed and acceleration.
    Yes,I'm very eagerly waiting for the cars registration documents to come so that I can take it out and do a detailed test.

Thanks a lot for your wishes

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@omar_575
    -- hi-octane has more burning temp and not recommended for cars which are not designed for the purpose ... hi-octane fuel only cars don't come to pakistan as the mkt here is fuel economy based .. some people do use hi-octane out of poor knowledge or fashion not knowing it is causing permenant damage. the best use of high octane is to just flush the fuel system by adding in 1:5 ratio very occasionaly like once in 3 or 6 months

-- acceleration of a car should be judged with its stability and requirement ... a honda cg125 at 150km/h would be a certain death sentence ... this car in auto has more accelerartion than stability (my only complain with swift) otherwise it has equal acceleration as of a vitz 1300 and more than toyota xli .. the standard procedure is to compare the torque or bhp .. here is a link comparison with manual .. you'll notice the top speed is 99mph for auto as compared to 103mph for manual and difference of 1 sec in acceleration in speed upto 100kmph ... i wish we rely on tech data than on normal hearsay
    Tech & Spec — Suzuki Cars UK
    -- waiting for your detailed review as i'm running a japanese version and planing to buy this pakistani (zero meter) one but never driven one
    "You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default my experience of the PKDM Swift auto (2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Naweed View Post
    @omar_575
    -- hi-octane has more burning temp and not recommended for cars which are not designed for the purpose ... hi-octane fuel only cars don't come to pakistan as the mkt here is fuel economy based .. some people do use hi-octane out of poor knowledge or fashion not knowing it is causing permenant damage. the best use of high octane is to just flush the fuel system by adding in 1:5 ratio very occasionaly like once in 3 or 6 months

-- acceleration of a car should be judged with its stability and requirement ... a honda cg125 at 150km/h would be a certain death sentence ... this car in auto has more accelerartion than stability (my only complain with swift) otherwise it has equal acceleration as of a vitz 1300 and more than toyota xli .. the standard procedure is to compare the torque or bhp .. here is a link comparison with manual .. you'll notice the top speed is 99mph for auto as compared to 103mph for manual and difference of 1 sec in acceleration in speed upto 100kmph ... i wish we rely on tech data than on normal hearsay
    Tech & Spec — Suzuki Cars UK
    -- waiting for your detailed review as i'm running a japanese version and planing to buy this pakistani (zero meter) one but never driven one
    I had no idea. Thanks for your detailed information . Yes,I believe that we should research on our own first rather than listening to someone...but you providing a summary of all that makes it a lot easier

By stability, I think you are referring to control . I feel the same in my fathers auto honda civic when driving it at high speeds. But then again, for city driving at speeds less than 80 km/hr, I don't think the swift auto is any riskier than driving a manual.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yes. my last car was a 1.6 lancer which was quite stable but lacked the bracking support (deewan version) .. the japanese version of swift has very soft suspension a plus in some respect yet it sways on high speeds which is not good .. i found vitz to be more stable though i don't like the engine sound and suspension of vitz but in a limited budget you can't have everything ... i need your views on its economy .. my car gives me 11 to 11.5 in local with ac .. around 17 on highway and add 1 or 2 for non-ac driving ... plus what are your views on interor and noises (if any) and suspension (is it stiff like honda city )
    "You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yes. my last car was a 1.6 lancer which was quite stable but lacked the bracking support (deewan version) .. the japanese version of swift has very soft suspension a plus in some respect yet it sways on high speeds which is not good .. i found vitz to be more stable though i don't like the engine sound and suspension of vitz but in a limited budget you can't have everything ... i need your views on its economy .. my car gives me 11 to 11.5 in local with ac .. around 17 on highway and add 1 or 2 for non-ac driving ... plus what are your views on interor and noises (if any) and suspension (is it stiff like honda city )
    The manual swifts suspension is slightly hard. However I find the city's suspension even harder.
    If you're in the driving seat, it's all good. Sitting in the back in long trips (with a height more than 5'7'') can be a bit uncomfortable. So if you have to haul a family of 4 adults in the swift and want a car for long trips , then buy the upcoming city or corolla.
    I drove an uncles belta (same engine and suspension as vitz) - it was horrible!! The ride was hard, there was no power at all. The uphill driving in islamabad was a pain (compared to manual PKDM swift and PKDM '13 auto civic)
    And it's not only the JDM vitz /belta, I sat in an aunts vitz hybrid in UK and God, was it uncomfortable.
    I have kept a manual 2010 swift for 4 years now. We bought when it had come out just recently so we didn't have any problems (I'm guessing the initial cars had a lot of Japanese components).
    If you go through my thread of the manual swift, you can see it has been a trouble free car. I've been getting horrible mileage in that as I rev it a lot and so do my family members.
    Which is why I'm hopeful the auto will give reasonable mileage - not very high but better than the manual.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by omar_575 View Post
    The manual swifts suspension is slightly hard. However I find the city's suspension even harder.
    If you're in the driving seat, it's all good. Sitting in the back in long trips (with a height more than 5'7'') can be a bit uncomfortable. So if you have to haul a family of 4 adults in the swift and want a car for long trips , then buy the upcoming city or corolla.
    I drove an uncles belta (same engine and suspension as vitz) - it was horrible!! The ride was hard, there was no power at all. The uphill driving in islamabad was a pain (compared to manual PKDM swift and PKDM '13 auto civic)
    And it's not only the JDM vitz /belta, I sat in an aunts vitz hybrid in UK and God, was it uncomfortable.
    I have kept a manual 2010 swift for 4 years now. We bought when it had come out just recently so we didn't have any problems (I'm guessing the initial cars had a lot of Japanese components).
    If you go through my thread of the manual swift, you can see it has been a trouble free car. I've been getting horrible mileage in that as I rev it a lot and so do my family members.
    Which is why I'm hopeful the auto will give reasonable mileage - not very high but better than the manual.
    thanks .. getting a picture now

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Congratulations for the new ride. Please update about Auto trans response.
    Honda Civic 99 EK Hatch / Honda Integra 92 DA Coupe
    RIP Adil( @AridSoul)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Congratulations 😤
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aliahmadsabir View Post
    Congratulations 
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 520 using Tapatalk
    thank you ali bhai !

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@omar_575

Tech & Spec ?€” Suzuki Cars UK
    hi octane isn't needed in swift, but it neither burns hotter nor causes any damage.
    Bella, You give me everything just by REVing - NEONLIGHT SAGA: NEWTUBE

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Someday, Share the mileage. Let us know how much it bites on pocket.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Congratulations dear. Hope it will serve you as you hoped .

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@omar_575

Tech & Spec ?€” Suzuki Cars UK
    The link you provided is for swift 1.2 L K-series engine.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ch.talal View Post
    Someday, Share the mileage. Let us know how much it bites on pocket.
    Yes, I can assure you this is more fuel efficient than my manual swift - I rev that very hard. So for me the auto is going to be more fuel efficient
    I just went on a short trip to get some accessories like floor mats and window shades, and the rpm didn't cross 2500.
    The acceleration is reasonable-it didn't feel laggy in any way.
    I'm waiting for the registration documents to come so that I can take it on a test drive on the ring road.
    I will post pictures of the rev meter at different speeds and make a video of a 0-100 (if possible) at full throttle.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by omar_575 View Post
    Yes, I can assure you this is more fuel efficient than my manual swift - I rev that very hard. So for me the auto is going to be more fuel efficient
    I just went on a short trip to get some accessories like floor mats and window shades, and the rpm didn't cross 2500.
    The acceleration is reasonable-it didn't feel laggy in any way.
    I'm waiting for the registration documents to come so that I can take it on a test drive on the ring road.
    I will post pictures of the rev meter at different speeds and make a video of a 0-100 (if possible) at full throttle.
    Yes do that please especially the last part :p

sent from a device which can only be described as a mobile phone
    The men are back. @TGT.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

User Tag List