Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Automatic or Manual Swift

Hi Guys,

I am planning to purchase a new swift and bit in a dilemma which to buy, Automatic or Manual? Can someone tell me the cons and pros for both? I will be driving in Karachi so you must be familiar with the road conditions.

Is color Pearl Blue still available or discontinued?
    Also do you have to pay extra for floor mats, mud flaps and seat covers? and if yes how much?

Thanks!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by muradi View Post
    Bro Swift 1.3 is surely a treat to drive, the thing is its a Suzuki and u can expect the common problems in suzuki like rattling dasboard, poor paint quality, fading plastic etc, but when u floor her all the cons get to the side and the fun kicks in.
    The New Mira E;S is a big dissapointment for me. The car can be related to a toy, Too much plastiky feel, crappy body and not a car worth spending 1.1m on.
    If u need an auto then u can get a 2010 passo new shape in your budget. However it will be hard to find. The best option IMO if u need
    Automatic Tranny+Reliablity like JDMS+ Soft Suspension( PKDM Swift has hard Suspension )+ Easy Availability of parts+ top of the line features and a rocket like M13A DOHC . The Answer Equals = JDM Swift. I have driven it and is worth every single penny.
    Sir have you driven Mitsubishi mirage ? shape wise I like it ... actually I am driven towards mira because of its features like cvt , airbags, traction control etc ...... alto bhi option the but i dislike its shape .. I would have went for swift eyes closed .. but it has stiff suspension.. plus manual... traffic jams mey i might regret my discision.. plus common suzuki problems ...
    JDm swift sir 2007 miley gi or wo bht chaley hotey han .. like 1 lac plus.. I really dont want to visit mechanics etc...Mira is attracting me coz kam chaley mil jae gi like 2012 model
    The person who said, " money can't buy happiness". Clearly didn't know where to shop.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    461 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Expert1 View Post
    Sir have you driven Mitsubishi mirage ? shape wise I like it ... actually I am driven towards mira because of its features like cvt , airbags, traction control etc ...... alto bhi option the but i dislike its shape .. I would have went for swift eyes closed .. but it has stiff suspension.. plus manual... traffic jams mey i might regret my discision.. plus common suzuki problems ...
    JDm swift sir 2007 miley gi or wo bht chaley hotey han .. like 1 lac plus.. I really dont want to visit mechanics etc...Mira is attracting me coz kam chaley mil jae gi like 2012 model
    Bro Mirage is very good but its a new entrant, Parts r not available and no resale aswell. I don't think it will make its market in future.
    Mira E;S more crappier in comfort as compared to swift, it has nothing worth 1.1M at all, Alto is very good, its infact a mini rocket. The A.C is simply Amazing, Worth Every single penny. Atleast a ton times better than Mira E;S ( kept both )
    looks IMO arent that bad. Atleast better than the Pkdm Wagon R
    Here is my ex
    Automatic or Manual Swift -1599898Automatic or Manual Swift -1599899Automatic or Manual Swift -1599901
    Laws r Made to be Broken

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Which 1 is a better buy. 1m rs alto eco 2012 or 1.1 m rs full option mirage g 2012.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Either buy Passo/Mirage fresh import or buy JDM Wagon R Idle stop because its acceleration is very good. Do not buy Swift because it lacks features of JDM and has a very bad suspension.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir 11 lacs mey 2011 vitz
    oh sorry. it will be slightly more expensive.
    (Need to take a tea break now). hehe
    Be Addicted To Help Others.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir I own a 2008 vitz as of now along with a corolla .. I hate the pick of vitz and the sound it makes when you try to rev it up...
    on ac its like a dead horse .. i really like the pick of swift but I want safety features too like abs and the comfort of auto tranny..

Well these are just machines and we control them as per our needs/requirements/habits/desires.

Increasing the pick up is no problem. Any good mechanic can do these settings.
    After that use engine oils like 20w-50 and high octane in fuel. Its pick up will improved a lot. But on otherside, it will decrease the fuel average though.
    Be Addicted To Help Others.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Both Auto and Manual have its pros and cons....Swift auto is a 4 speed auto. The gear ratios are also not very impressive so the car will be a gas guzzler even on longer routes. expect 10 km/l from it and nothing more.

Go for manual swift DLX. Its sure a treat to drive. Impressive acceleration, good brakes, chilling a/c plus you can buy it brand new so no worries for at least next 3 years if cared properly.

If auto is must, i would suggest to go for a JDM with CVT. but beware, those things can get nasty if a problem arises.
    Whenever a bird shits on my car, I eat a plate of scrambled eggs on my front porch just to let them know what I'm capable of...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List