Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By dayrider
  • 1 Post By saboor73

Thread: Can I get my 5 year old swift feel like driving a new one ?

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    m.irfan.khan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Can I get my 5 year old swift feel like driving a new one ?

    I bought a suzuki swift 1.3 DLX in 2011 and by now it has started making few noises (not from engine but the doors and interior assembling) plus the suspension also doesn't feel that comfortable anymore. What options do I have to make it give the drive feel of a fresh car ?

    "Is there any show room or service that doesn't require me pointing out every single issue myself. They test the ride themselves and recommend what needs to be repaired/replaced ?"


  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dayrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,911
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    2
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by m.irfan.khan View Post
    I bought a suzuki swift 1.3 DLX in 2011 and by now it has started making few noises (not from engine but the doors and interior assembling) plus the suspension also doesn't feel that comfortable anymore. What options do I have to make it give the drive feel of a fresh car ?

    "Is there any show room or service that doesn't require me pointing out every single issue myself. They test the ride themselves and recommend what needs to be repaired/replaced ?"
    Most mechanics do that, they take it for a test and then clear all your queries. If you want them to check the car without you pointing the flaws to them, thats like going to the doctor and telling him/her that you are ill and the rest is their problem. So for them, its like searching for a needle in the haystack

  3. #3
    PakWheeler Follow
    m.irfan.khan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dayrider View Post
    Most mechanics do that...
    Lol, you are right. but last time I told my mechanic that the suspension doesn't feel that good he didn't even check it but showed me that their suspension overhaul costs pkr 40,000/= right away. It could just be a single axle/shock absorber .

    Can you tell me what do they do in refurbishing used cars before selling them ?

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dayrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,911
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    2
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by m.irfan.khan View Post
    Lol, you are right. but last time I told my mechanic that the suspension doesn't feel that good he didn't even check it but showed me that their suspension overhaul costs pkr 40,000/= right away. It could just be a single axle/shock absorber .

    Can you tell me what do they do in refurbishing used cars before selling them ?
    Just make it look good, that's all they do. If you want a new swift. Take yours to suzuki and they would buy yours and give you a new one

  5. #5
    PakWheeler Follow
    skylinegtrr34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    28
    Posts
    854
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    2

    Default

    it can be done if your pocket can handle the big bills from suzuki wala!
    R.I.P BABRUS ABBAS QAISER....will miss u bro....i got a memories but not u....

  6. #6
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saboor73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    10,554
    Follows
    25
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    6
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    25

    Default

    Good Answer
    Quote Originally Posted by m.irfan.khan View Post
    Lol, you are right. but last time I told my mechanic that the suspension doesn't feel that good he didn't even check it but showed me that their suspension overhaul costs pkr 40,000/= right away. It could just be a single axle/shock absorber .

    Can you tell me what do they do in refurbishing used cars before selling them ?
    Change suspension bushes if gone hard believe me even worn out bushes make big difference in drive

  7. #7
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saboor73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    10,554
    Follows
    25
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    6
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    25

    Default

    Best Answer
    Quote Originally Posted by skylinegtrr34 View Post
    it can be done if your pocket can handle the big bills from suzuki wala!
    True Suzuki swift parts are heck expensive from 3s

  8. #8
    PakWheeler Follow
    ali15144's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    400
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    4

    Default

    Good Answer
    Get it checked from suzuki and get all the stuff done from outside.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •