1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Suzuki Kyber/Swift Owners & Fan Club

Khyber is an all time great car with a powerful engine and a spacious interior. lets post r comments in the favour of this great car.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@crazy_rider

Message was meant for @AZICOLL

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@khalidamin
    man post ur ideas 4 us and to facilitate whole khybers fan club and a be regular poster n benefit us by ur expert advices ang means to get max performance from khyber
    tell us about plugs, plug wires and coils to be used by us to mod our khbeees
    lEt thE bEast rOar!!!!!!!!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@khalidamin bro crazy rider emailed me and asked some question thats y i replied him back on his email and advised him to check it,
    he wanteed to know about coil,plugs and wires and my experince regarding that
    here is wat i emailed to him

salam

oritee about plug wires i have got SPLITFIRE 10 mm wires red in colour and the plugs are Bosch 4 tip and i am no sure but the code is some thing like WR.... , sorry i dont exactly reemmber,well as far as i think any 4 tip can go along , i even tried IRADIUM tip from my brothers car but still not major dff betwen 4 tip and irradium

the difff betwen these 2 (normal and 4tip + 10 mm)is that the diffrence betwen the pick of petrol and pick of CNG decreases, i have felt that even on CNG when i press accelarater car respond much faster , i strogly think that with the boster there will be much more diffrence because the work of plug wire is to provide currrent, even if the wires are good but the current from distributer is low , there isnt much wires and plugs will do, so with boster i think the set will be complete,

the problem that i think is that if u change from petrol to cng very frequently these wires mess up the tuning of the car , i cant figure out y
    regards
    azim
    Attitude and personality are two different things... My personality stays within me wherever I am.My attitude depends on the people in front of me.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@azicoll
    hi bro u havn't told me about boster and bro i want to know y u hav address the mail u sent to me to shahidamin
    i think u were not supposed to sent me mail i think so
    bye dont take to heart

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@crazy rider bro i havent got much idea about bosters, and i didnt got wat ur trying to say about the email , plz explain again
    Attitude and personality are two different things... My personality stays within me wherever I am.My attitude depends on the people in front of me.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i want to aware all khyber lovers by a fact that they shud not leave there precious rides on untrained and ingenious electricians
    many of our genius electricians advice to make ur car radiator fan direct man believe me it will ruin everything in ur car's engine and also badly afect ur performance and mileage i have many things to prove it
    so khyber lovers drive ur ride on automatic swicth and do not go for direct circuit even on summers as automatic switch provides favorable temp to the car for driving so plz if u hav direct circuit than switch to automatic switch now to save erosion in ur engine by which u r not aware plz think upon my advice it is real believe me

msm
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@crazy_rider
    ur rite bro my 1996 Khyber is bone stock wid automatic fan and trust me it never let me down. in heat of KHI with AC + traffice jams and on long routes it work as fine as any thing
    main aysi quam say hon jiskey wo bachon say darta hai
    bara dushman bana phirta hai jo bachon say larta hai

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@crazy rider explain in detail , i m confused,keeping fan automatically on is as far as i think is ok so expalin in detail ur point

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@all guys i m selling my khyber 92-93 model isb number , if anyone interested contact me on azicoll@hotmail.com ,thanx

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Can any one tell me what should be the price of a 99 Khyber limited edition Lahore registered Metalic dark gray in color and one door repainted. milage around 55000 KM

msm
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^ as far as KHI market is concern u can get a nice car in 300k (limited)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@azicolleverybody here shud read the following

In PAKISTAN most of the cars have this problem that their radiator fan starts directly when the car is started regardless of the water temperature in the radiator, because the fan (electrically driven) circuit is by passed from the thermostat switch.
    Well our mechanics do this because they think that by keeping the water temperature (indicated at the control panel by temperature gauge) to the minimum possible level will help engine perform well.

Actually the normal operating temperature of the engine, referred with respect to the water temperature in the radiator is 82 ± 3 °C. It is important to note that the water in the radiator boils at 115 to 120 °C .The radiator cap keeps the water under pressure and that is why the water boils above the its normal boiling point. The calibration of the gauge starts from 50°C .So the total range on the dial of the gauge is from 50°C to 120°C. So when needle reaches the middle of the gauge, engine is actually at its NORMAL WORKING TEMPERATURE {average temp of the gauge (as averages fall in the middle) is (115+50)/2=82.5 °C}. So at the normal working temperature the needle should be somewhere in the middle of the gauge. Whereas our so-called skilled mechanics interpret this as over-heating of the engine.THIS IS TOTALLY WRONG!

In a moment I will be listing the disadvantages of having your radiator fan direct .But first I would like to tell the readers about the cooling system of the engine in brief .

In water circuit of the engine (water circuit means the path of the water in engine) the effort is made to keep the water away from radiator till the water temperature in the water jacket reaches the 82°C mark. Simply you can say that water is not allowed to go in the radiator and is made to circulate inside the water jacket. This is done by using a device called THERMOSTAT VALVE. This thermostat valve when closed does not allow the water to circulate in the radiator. As soon as the temperature starts to go beyond 78°C the valve opens. This allows the water to be circulated in the radiator. If the heat dissipation of the radiator cannot keep the temperature at about 82°C the THERMOSTAT SWITCH completes the circuit of the electrically driven radiator fan to keep the temperature at 82°C by circulating air.

IT IS IMPORTANT TO NOTE that if temperature goes beyond 82°C it is comparatively acceptable as the most likely disadvantage is the increased potential of the engine to knock at higher gear and low engine rpm .

But if the temperature is less than the normal operating temperature then it will cause not only the deterioration of the engine performance but also shortening your engine life.

So in most of the cars the thermostat valve is removed, making the water circuit complete all the times and also bypassing the thermostat switch to keep fan running with engine regardless of engine temperature .

The problems that can arise as a result are discussed below:

Problems associated with Carburetion
    Mixture Preparation
    The petrol air/mixture preparation in the carburetor is a temperature dependent function. To keep the mixture preparation efficiency maximum the water in the radiator and water jacket is fed to the outer walls (around venturi) of the carburetor to keep it warm.

This increase of the temperature helps to mix up the petrol/air. If the temperature of the water is not at optimum, the petrol air mixture preparation in the carburetor will be effected .This will cause the engine to run on non-homogeneous mixture causing engine to misfire and vibrant engine operation is resulted.

One must have noticed the vibrant engine operation on cold starting in the morning. This is also due to the same reason as engine temperature is very low and mixture preparation is not good.

So by keeping the fan direct you are going make the engine run with vibrations and it will not deliver its full power as the mixture (petrol/air) is not homogeneous (well prepared) .

Mixture Distribution
    If the temperature of the radiator water is kept low then the carburetor temperature also keeps low as the water circulates around the carburetor venturi (the cylindrical passage down the carburetor where air/petrol gets mixed) .The optimum carburetor operation is achieved at higher temperature. So by keeping the fan direct temperature is kept around 55 to 60 °C. This not only effects the mixture preparation but also the mixture movement as well. The mixture is prepared in carburetor and burnt in the cylinder. To get to cylinder the petrol/air passes through carburetor venturi and inlet manifold. If the temperature of venturi and manifold is low then the condensation of the petrol takes place. This will also cause the engine to run on non-homogeneous mixture and the engine running results will be the same as discussed in the above case .

It is important to note that if the mixture fed to the cylinder is not homogeneous then the combustion will not produced the desired amount of power .By meaning the homogeneous mixture it is assumed that the mixture strength expressed by weight ratios is same through out the mixture volume .The combustion is so fast that in non homogeneous mixture the petrol will not burn in the areas where not enough air is not present .This results in loss of fuel and engine produces less power .So by keeping your fan direct you will actually be doing the same thing as discussed above as water temperature will be low.

Problems associated with Engine

Four Stroke Cycle
    As the engine temperature is not measured directly but is measured with respect to water temperature in the radiator so when the temperature of the radiator water reaches somewhere around 115 to 120°C, the temp. of the engine is enough to cause serious engine damage and it can even result in ceasing the engine .

The point here which I would like to emphasize is that engine temperature is never measured directly but the water temperature is measured. So if water temperature is low so is the engine temperature.The discussion to follow will be carried taking the radiator water temperature as reference.

When engine is started the temperature at the piston top or piston temperature is very low, same as atmospheric temperature. During engine operation it reaches hundred of degrees centigrade. No metal or alloy is developed yet which has zero expansion rate. So to accommodate the expansion the piston is made oval shaped. At cold starting the piston does not completely seal the cylinder, but as temperature rises the piston expands and seals the gap. At water temperatures above 115 to 120 °C the expansion is so great that the piston gets stuck resulting in serious engine damage. Below temperatures of say 75°C the piston is loosely fit in the cylinder.

We will discuss engine condition keeping in mind that water temperature as it is less than 75°C as fan is made to operate directly preventing the engine to operate at its normal working temperature.

Intake stroke
    When the normal operating temperature of the engine is not achieved then the piston is not complete fit in the cylinder. During intake stroke piston descends from TDC(top dead center) and reaches BDC (bottom dead center). So if the piston is not completely fit than the petrol/air will not be sucked in properly. This will result in low engine volumetric efficiency

Compression Stroke
    During compression stroke piston reaches from BDCto TDC. If the temperature of the piston is below normal then it will not fit the cylinder. So the petrol air sucked in prior ot compression, when compressed during compression stroke will bypass the piston and piston rings into the crankcase (It will be discussed in detail later on). So full compression is not achieved and this results in lower engine output and higher fuel consumption .

Power Stroke
    During power stoke the rapidly expanding gases pushes the piston down giving power. If the piston does not fit completely then the expanding gases will by pass the piston rings thus resulting in incomplete power transfer making the engine H.P to decrease and fuel consumption to increase .

Exhaust Stroke
    During exhaust stroke if piston is not complete fit then the exhaust will not be good. The exhaust air will by pass the piston, rings and will reach the crankcase causing oil fouling (it will also be discussed in detail later on) .

Engine Oil Fouling
    (a) If the engine is made to run on low temp than optimum then the compression stroke is not fully efficient. The petrol/air mixture instead of being compressed, by passes the piston and piston rings. On its way to crankcase it passes the cylinder wall. The cylinder walls are soaked with engine oil to lubricate piton and rings. So when petrol by passes the piston rings it mixes with the oil on the cylinder walls. Petrol being excellent organic solvent dissolves and dilutes the engine oil, promoting engine wear .

(b) During power and exhaust stroke the burnt gases which are normally non metallic oxides (acidic in nature) bypass the piston rings and enter the crankcase. Here these gases mix with the water vapors. This forms acidic compounds that get mixed with engine oil resulting in altering the oil PH. It makes the engine oil acidic and corrosion always takes speeds up in the acidic medium.

For this reason the engine oils are made buffers (which can retain there PH although some amount of acid is added to them). But they can retain there PH only if a small amount of acid is added. So if engine is run consistently on low temperature then it will promote engine wear as engine oil will get acidic .

(c) The unburnt particles from the combustion chamber also by pass the piston as they are very small in size. When they enter the crankcase they get mixed with the oil. The engine oil are made detergents. That is they can accumulate small amount of these particles and hold them in suspension or you can say dissolve them. But this tendency is limited to a small amount. If prolonged use of engine at low temperature is carried out then it will cause pre mature engine wear.

As these particles do not completely dissolve in oil, they narrow down the small channels in engine lubrication circuit. This effects the engine lubrication as proper amount of oil is not fed to the moving parts resulting in engine wear.

Summarizing The Above Discussion

The following are the problems summarized keeping in mind that if engine is not running on its normal working temperature.

(1) It will decrease the air/petrol mixing efficiency .
    (2) It will effect the distribution of petrol/air mixture to each cylinder.
    (3) This will decrease the volumetric efficiency of the engine resulting in increased fuel consumption .
    (4) The engine oil will get fouled prematurely resulting in more oil changes .
    (5) The fouled engine oil will result in the premature engine wear shortening the engine life.
    (6) Vibrant and rough idle (low speed running).
    (7) Engine will never give its full power and torque .
    (8) It will increase the fuel consumption without increasing the output of the engine .

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

nice info(Y)

also post it as a new topic in gen auto talks!

msm
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

good

msm
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

good

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

can some one tell me that what is the difference in gl limited model of khyber thn GA model 97? i noted that rear view mirror inside one have a small clip below it fr reflection ...what else?
    Your grandchildren will likely find it incredible - or even sinful - that you burned up a gallon of gasoline to fetch a pack of cigarettes!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Legal_rebel

there is no such difference in GL Limited Edition and GA models bcoz paksuzuki had to introduce cultus so they came up with an idea and that was introduction of metallic colours so that all the khybers can be sold quickly!

i am not sure about the clip whether they gave in GL models but u can easily get one from the market, its not an issue.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

nice and informative info bro ,

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@all
    plz tell me about the milege of khyber in city with or without a/c
    mine does 120 without a/c on full my cylinder size is 50 water liter in city i think khyber shud do 150 km + mileage in city
    my friend has city idsi and he is getting 130 km on a 1300 cc car
    so khyber shud do 150 + being a 1000 cc car plz reply me and tell ur expereince

msm
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^ yaar depends alot upon ur driving style. 15 to 16 Km/Kg is ok i geuss..
    tuining can improve it a bit wid new filters and change of plug / wires if needed

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 102 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

User Tag List