Again its YOUR opinion. And I gave mine
2) More powerful/Fun to drive : Both are 1.6 ltr; you would hardly feel any difference in power. On CNG SE Saloon may lead the civic.
Wrong once again. 3ZZGE is no match to D16 Stage 3 VTEC when it comes to power band. Se Saloon is atleast 100kg heavier then VTi and still has 109hp 3zz ge where as VTi has 130hp. This VTi is the same car which gives Altis (2006-2008) run for its money!
So kindly put up the FACTs rather than xyz
3) Better handling/Grip : SE Saloon has 4 wheel disc brakes and there is abosultely no issues with the grip or handling if tires are in good condition.
Try taking the Se saloon above 160 on Motorway and you'll know whats the issue. I have seen Xli''s of the same shape crashing just after 130 due to extensive aerodynamic design flaws which make the car unsuitable for highspeeds. Se Saloon is NO DIFFERENT.
For that matter VTi has 4 Wheel Disc Brakes with ABS and EBD.
4) More responsive/Top Speed: SE Saloon has very good pick. Top Speed is irrelevant for a family sedan but both have the potential to achieve 200 or above, if properly maintained.
Agreed but for the sake of argument VTi will smoke Se Saloon in 'any' drag race or roll on runs due to higher power output and BETTER design aesthetics.
5) Better interior quality: Disagree; people who have kept both the cars would agree with me that SE Saloon has better build quality; be it exterior or interior. Wooden panels, stitched leather steering wheel and gear lever give you rich feeling, when you operate the car plus it has better component sound system. I have heard both the systems; sound is more pronounced and clear in SE Saloon with default system.
2005 Se Saloon came with Cassette player. Please update your information. Now dont tell me that cassette player is any better then Honda's Kenwood 10 CD Changer.
6) Sunroof : Agreed; available in basic vti ?
The poster has not mentioned the trim he is getting. But you know whats the best part? Se Saloon doesnt have it AT ALL!
7) Retractable door mirrors : Agreed; available in basic vti ?
Yes Retractable mirrors are available in basic VTi. What next?
8) Seat height adjuster: Corolla offers a very optimal driving posture. There is no need for height adjustment.
Now you are getting biased here. For that matter once can say there is no need of cruise control because it is useless in intra city driving. What ever Honda and Toyota have offered, they get merits and demerits for it. Hence Se Saloon lacks this component aswell which is USEFUL for short heighted people.
1) Better fuel consumption : Huge factor for those who are conscious about the mileage. SE Saloon with hard peddle can give you 9-11 Km/ltr and on CNG you can easily get around 115 -125.
Agreed. In fuel consumption corolla takes the lead but if the person can live with 9-10 km/l then whats the whole point of getting a Corolla? :S
2) Suitable for PINDS/High road clearance: Even on our semi carpeted roads it suits better. NO comparison to SE Saloon's suspension. In my case even after 8 years of use, it is maintenance free.
It is because your Se saloon has TORSION Beam rather then McPherson Struts. Torsion is even available in Mehran which makes it less complicated and this is where Se Saloon looses the edge in sharp cornering. Ask youself, will you pull a sharp turn at 100kph SAFELY in your corolla? Yes i can pull one in Civic!
3) SRS Airbag (Which never practically worked) : WRONG; It can easily pop out with moderate impact.
All these years, ive NEVER witnessed an SE Saloon/2D Saloon with a popped out airbag. Sorry!
4) Cheaper parts: Cheaper parts and easily available mechanics in every street and corner contribute towards Corolla's big success.
Even Mehrans are more sucessful for that matter. If one is living in Lahore, Multan, Karachi, Islamabad, Peshawar, Quetta etc then there is no need to worry about parts. No?
PICTURES YOU HAVE POSTED ARE NOT DOING JUSTICE.
You mean there is some sort of Inner Beauty in Se Saloon which is not visible in pics? Really? :S