Just back after a week from the hills!
And you guys wrote another 100 pages here...lol!
Look.....I was without 3G service up there and had no idea of whats going on here.
I can't go through a hundred pages, so please get me back on track here, replying to below:
1) I was called up by my dealer 2 days back and informed:
a) The prices of 1.5T have surged to 30.13 final and prices of 1.8 oriel SR stand final at 25.31 Lakhs.
b) HIGH OCTANE has been made MANDATORY fuel for 1.5T by Atlas.
c) Use of any other fuel in 1.5T would result in WARRANTY VOID and Honda would not entertain any claims!!!!
I was asked if I wanted to change over to 1.8 Oriel given this scenario.
I told him he should wait for my decision till launch.
But he insisted that they cannot do that and decision is required now!!!!!
When I told him that I am not in touch with anyone and have no access to further information, he still insisted that I give him my decision over the phone!!!!
Fearing that delay in my decision may jeopardize my delivery time for any of the versions, I finally gave in and told him ok, this is not fair by any means, but if Honda really made the fuel issue MANDATORY and alleviates itself from warranty, claims, and on top of it also increased the prices from initial 28.99 to 30.13, I would pick the 1.8 Oriel instead.
Now...kindly arbitrate this with what you guys know, so I could take a due course of action. I am still of the belief that it is the PAPER booking that counts and not a silly telephone call by a dealer. On the papers I still have the 1.5T booked for August delivery.
Btw.......during the call, when I initially insisted that I'd prefer to stick to the 1.5 Turbo, he even went to say: " Sir jee....trust me, the 1.5T is hyped up and "may" even get discontinued over the next year!!!!!!!!!!
All ears guys!