- Toyota Corolla is undeniably one of the world's most popular compact for a very long time.
- Starting out in 1966 , 47 years later, it is starting into its 11th generation.
- Toyota Corolla has evolved into a highly practical small sedan adequate for starter families.
- With more than 40-million Corollas sold worldwide since the first generation was launched in 1966;the numbers show something like two Corollas sold every minute somewhere in the world.
- This 11th-generation Toyota Corolla definitely looks new. The 2014 Corolla is more stylish than previous generations.
- The new, 11th generation model has already received considerable attention because of the different nose designs for the American and European markets.
- Various variants are available geographically.variants will be a 1.3-liter petrol, 1.4-liter D4-D diesel, 1.6-litre petrol and 1.8-liter petrol. All the petrol models feature the VVT-i engines (there are Valvematic engines for some markets) and the 1.6 and 1.8 will be available with either a six-speed manual gearbox or Multidrive S automatic. A 2.0 L Engine with 143HP is also offered in Middle Eastern Market.
- The Multidrive S is a seven-speed CVT gearbox with Eco, Sport or manual modes.
- The 11th generation Corolla features an all-new exterior design. Highlighting the longer wheelbase and reduced overall height, the design combines clean lines and balanced proportions to give the new Corolla a more sophisticated look with a prestigious and contemporary image.
- Equipped with a halogen low beam lamp for improved visibility, the new headlamps now incorporate 4-LED Daytime Running Lights (DRLs)
- Based on advanced Formula 1 technology aero stabilising fins located on the door mirrors and rear combination lamps, accelerate the airflow along the body, enhancing vehicle stability and control.
- Vehicle aerodynamics are substantially improved through the adoption of a front spoiler and numerous covers designed to create a flat underbody, optimising the flow of air beneath the new Corolla. They include a full engine undercover, front suspension member covers, front and rear wheel spats, floor under covers, a fuel tank side undercover, and a rear floor undercover incorporating sakana aero-stabilizing fins to enhance high-speed stability.
- Benefitting from a 100 mm increase in wheelbase length from 2 600 mm to 2 700 mm, the all-new, interior design offers a more spacious and comfortable cabin including a substantial increase in rear seat legroom, more comfortable seats and a greater boot capacity.
- The driving position has been comprehensively revised. The seat height adjustment range has been extended by 15 mm to 60 mm, and the slide adjustment range expanded by 20 mm to 260 mm. The front seat hip point has been moved forward by 5 mm. Despite a 25 mm reduction in the new Corolla?s rear overhang, the boot capacity has also increased to 452 litres.
- when it comes to safety, each available system is offered as standard across the range, including the eight airbags(US Spec). We have to mention that European have to make due with seven, as the passenger knee airbag is missing.
- One of the criticisms of past Corollas in the past has been lack of soft touch dashboard material and this has now been addressed on the completely redesigned fascia. Topped by a soft, non-reflective upper surface which flows seamlessly over the drivers instrument binnacle, the dashboard face combines convex, soft-touch padding with a concave center console panel finished in piano black
- As far as infotainment; Toyota offers its Entune suite of apps – including optional navigation – housed inside a 6.1-inch touchscreen. Here, too, everything is intuitive and the display is well-organized with modern graphics.The Entune Premium Audio system can split the screen to show two or three pieces of information -- navigation and the song that's playing, for example, or the minute-by-minute mileage graph on one side with the other side split between the sound system and the weather in the city you're driving through.
- The new Corolla further benefits from a lighter, yet more rigid body structure, revised suspension and a more direct steering response. It shares the proven front MacPherson strut and rear torsion beam suspension systems of its predecessor but significant revisions to both front and rear systems improve ride comfort.
- A newly developed front strut features a larger, 35 mm diameter shock absorber cylinder, with damping force tuned to optimise stability and ride comfort. At the rear, a reduced spring rate and retuned dampers further improve ride comfort, stability and response to steering inputs.
- The revised body stiffness and extended wheelbase are positives when the car is pushed hard through sweeps and tight corners .The Corolla responding with minimal body roll and extremely neutral handling until a touch of push is noticeable getting closer to the limit.
- The new Corollas servo assisted anti-lock braking system (standard on all models) features new, 277 mm ventilated front discs and 270 mm solid rear discs.
Of course, when it comes to parking, there can never be too much rear visibility. This is why you can have front and rear sensors, as well as a rear-view camera. And if you dont want to handle this part of your trip, the Corolla can do it for you. It can do this thanks to its Simple Intelligent Park Assist (SIPA). This works rather well - the car finds the parking spot and takes care of the steering, while you control the speed using the brake pedal. (Optional feature at cost).
- The Euro 5+ compliant 1,4-litre D-4D engine develops 66 kW and maximum torque of 205 Nm at only 1800 r/min. Available with Stop & Start technology the turbo-diesel unit also benefits from improved Toyota Optimal Drive technology, maximizing performance and drive-ability whilst minimizing fuel consumption, and CO2 and particulate emissions.
Piezoelectric injectors control the fuel volume and the timing of the injection more accurately. The high-speed reaction time of Piezo injectors makes multi-phase high-speed injection possible. This has the effect of both lowering the rate of combustion expansion and effecting a more thorough burn within the combustion chamber, thus further reducing particulate, NOx and CO2 emissions.
2014 Corolla ALTIS Pictures click > HERE
<iframe frameborder="0" width="560" height="315" src="http://www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/x11sgoz" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>
Corolla by f1589661886