so the story goes like this?
Grande Bronze Mica - Booked on Aug 17 - Toyota Township
PBO - Nov
Got call yesterday to get delivery on Friday
Went to get delivery - got back empty handed!
Car was being washed. After washing they parked the car in one of their area which was under low light?.only few tubes lights. My uncle and elder son was with me and I asked them to check the car specially body and looks for any scratches. During the final stages of documentation, I decided to check the car myself on parallel to save some time. I excused the gentleman who was working on documentation and went to check it. My uncle and son said that it?s absolutely scratchless. Awesome!
Car was looking stunning I must say. I turned on led on my phone and decided to give a round myself. All was looking good until I reached passenger side fender, 5 white dots at random places. What the hell, must be some imperfection while painting which will go away with compound. When I touched the surface on dots, it was smooth. The dots were inside paint. I instantly knew that these will not go away whatever they do. After this I found 8-10 more dots on same side, doors, pillars and top. I also found light scratches and one brushed painted scratch on driver side.
- I told them to stop the documentation immediately. At no cost, I will accept it
- They asked me to give them 30 mins to fix this. I said ok. I knew they won?t be able to fix it though.
- They compound the affected parts, as expected this made dots a bit bigger!
- They polished it, even used zero sand paper. Utterly useless!
- Then they took photos and said that they will contact IMC. They took me to warranty department.
- I told them, why warranty? That car is not mine. I did not accept it so there is no question of warranty. They understood what I was walking about and accepted my stance.
- I told them that I can give them only few days to replace it or fix it fully. I know they can not fix it. Door and fender can be replaced but not pillars and top.
- If not, them I want my money back with 3.5 months of interest on that.
- Now they will contact IMC and will resolve this.
Some observations, during this ordeal, no one from manager to lower staff tried to force me to accept the car except that warranty trick. They were cordial and said they If I don?t accept it then be it is.
Lesson: Check the car thoroughly, try to get it in day light. Check if with flash light if under dark.