2009 City would always be better when compared to 2007 Steermatic or 2008 IDSI.
Here I am going to write Pro's and Con's of each model so that It would become easy for you to decide.
Pro's of City 2009 when compared to Steermatic or IDSI:
1) Newer shape.
2) Newer engine.
3) Newer Interior
4) Harder suspension for better drive.
5) Better economy than Steermatic and comparable to IDSI
Con's of City 2009 when compared to Steermatic or IDSI:
1) Harder suspension which is uncomfortable at times. Your family won't like It.
2) No new features when compared to Steermatic.
3) Sluggish drive and bad economy in AT variant.
4) In your budget you'll only get a black Interior City IVTEC, which may feel disturbing at times, especially to your family!
5) The AT variant has a bad transmission.
6) Though I musn't say It good but It has an average resale value when compared to IDSI.
Pro's of City Steermatic when compared to City 2009 or IDSI:
1) City Steermatic has the best transimission b/w all the models of City.
2) It has a great engine.
3) Though I have never owned one, but I think It has comfortable suspension too.
4) Great Drive, much better than IDSI or City 2009.
5) I must not say excellent but a satisfactory economy.
6) Better Interior when compared to City 2009 (only talking about the one's which came with Black Interior)
Con's of City Steermatic when compared to City 2009 or IDSI:
1) Economy is not as good as City 2009 or IDSI.
2) Old shape when compared to IVTEC City.
3) Though a better Interior but old one.
4) It would be old when compared with 2009 City.
5) Though I musn't say It but If you're looking to sell It In the near future. This car would give you a hard time. It has a bad resale.
Pro's of City IDSI when compared to City 2009 or Steermatic:
1) Best economy when compared with City 2009 or Steermatic. It was claimed to give a staggering 27 KM/L.
2) It has a Titan Interior when compared to only City 2009 (Talking about the one's which came with black Interiors)
3) If you are cocerned about resale, IDSI has a good resale.
Con's of City IDSI when compared to City 2009 or Steermatic:
1) It has the worst drive when compared to City 2009 or Steermatic.
2) It has a sluggish transmission.
3) An older shape when compared to only City 2009.
4) An older Interior.
5) An older engine.
6) Bad pick.
7) The slowest car b/w all of them. You can't race on It If anyone challenges you.
Baki It's your hard-earned money and you have the choice to decide.