AoA. I live in Lahore. I want to buy a 2012 or 2013 GLI in the coming months. As i dont have enough cash i would be getting this car through bank lease. The prices i have checked for less thn 100k run cars are between 15 to 14.5 lac, mind you that i will try my best to find a car that has an ODO reading between 50-60k. Plz advice on the following questions;
1. Would it be wise to lease it thru bank as i would be paying around 3.5 lac more in a 5 year lease?
2. During the past years, I have purchased many old cars (all smaller ones like alto,santro etc) and almost all of them drove me mad and broke untill i sold them on hefty losses. What are my chances on a bigger car like corolla?
3. My usage would be just home to office, occasional out of city trips and normal city drives?? Would i have to change the engine after 5 years?
4. What abt the resale?? I have heard that corolla has some excellent resale value? (I am not considering the bank's profit in this question, only the actual value of the car, will it give me a good return after 5years IF i decide to sell it?
5. What are the maintainance cost? I have no idea regarding this. Oil changes, tuning, parts etc.
I have sat in a city and corolla, but i really love the corolla. U can say that i am having dreams of driving my own one day :p.
6. What do u guys recommend 1.3 or 1.6 auto or manual?
7. Token tax difference btwn 1.3 and 1.6?
Thnx and regards in advance