[U]The Initial Checklist
[/U]1. This is going to require some serious lowering. To provide lift...we resort to a SOA. To provide NEGATIVE lift...do we do a reverse SOA; i.e., lower the springs further than they're original position under the axle? Investigate possibilities.
No need to make this a 4wd. Stick to the rear drive shaft, and perhaps a simple tube at the front, with coil-sprung suspension may work.
Tyres. BIG ones at the rear. Scrawny, skinny, similar-treaded ones at the front.
The engine is going to have to be something nice and fearsome. A 1UZ-FE, perhaps...or maybe a 2JZ-FTE, even. The engine MUST be V-shaped...just to get the right balance of the multiple exhaust outlets, on both sides.
Bodywork shouldn't be a major issue. It isn't anywhere as challenging as the Phantom's rebuild. I don't like the tub on this rig, though. It's absolutely extraneous and superficial on a vehicle that is THIS low. I'd much rather keep the rear wheels "bare", instead...and have a closed, curvaceous, exaggeratedly-sloping rear to the cabin.
The interior would look hottest, if it were "retro" styled. Minimalist approach would work best, I think.
Rims are going to be important. Ideally, the solution would be to have two skinny rims at the front, and fatter ones at the rear. Stepni kaun si istemaal karoge, Fouad?
8. The bonnet is going to have to be a "gullwing" design. Probably would require being removable...leaving just the front facade, along with the radiator.
9. I don't know whether or not the vehicle in the pictures has the ability to go topless, or not. However, like the Phantom, THIS vehicle being planned MUST have the basic ability for the roof and doors to be removed...AND the shaved windscreen to be lowered...for the right hair-in-the-wind, bugs-in-the-eyes effect!
10. Is there any reason why this should NOT be front wheel drive?
11. In the photos above, the wheelbase seems stretched...certainly, the front axle has been moved forward, somewhat (probably to accommodate the exhaust pipes on both sides). While it adds to the illusion of the FJ40 being lowered...I don't think the front wheel placement looks as nice as it would, with the wheels in the original position. Input needed.
12. Excellent point brought out by Bash in this thread. Why not get Supra mechanicals in entirety? Refer to 3rd edit, above.
13. The frame only for an FJ with voucher would be about PKR 80K. Registration, another PKR 25K. The complete body parts required (not very many!) should be about PKR 35K. Engine: PKR 150K. Frame: PKR 40K. Denting: PKR 150K. Wheels: PKR 100K. Paint: PKR 75K. Interior: PKR 75K. Miscellaneous overheads: PKR 75K. Total rough expenditure should be around PKR 800K (yeah...I'm kidding myself. It's more likely going to touch PKR 1Mil)!
Jamil Ustaad ke oopar sawaar ho jao, iss se pehle ke woh koi aur kaam pakar le!
7th Edit. Jamil Ustaad ko pakar liya!
THIS post is probably going to be added to, repeatedly!