I hav a civic EXI 99. It starts on petrol & switch over to CNG auto at 1.5 RPM. Recently its fuel injectors got clogged & i went to an electrician & he cleaned the injectors the DESI way by taking them off and cleaning with a Bottle of CARB Cleaner. He also told me to get my petrol tank cleaned so after that i got the tank cleaned up. There was no rust in the tank but i got it cleaned & put new patrol. after that i just drove off to my house only a couple of Kms away & relaxed. But the next day i felt the same issue but the mechanic told me that injectors are working but slightly clogged again, so he recommended to drive the car on petrol for a few days so that the injectors get cleaned naturally.
I drove the car for about 4 days on petrol. On 5th day I went to my old mech for some other non engine related prob. It was just cleaning of brakes. But when i tried to start my car after that, it refused to start, the self starter was cranking the engine but there was some CLUNK CLUNK noise from the engine twice or thrice so the diagnostic started.
When i told that i was driving the car for last few days on patrol he told me that u have just escaped the DEATH of YOUR ENGINE as the CLUNK CLUNK noise was of the VALVES Hitting the PISTON HEAD. Luckily the CAM was in good position & didnt let the VALVES to Break due to the collision.
After that he advised me following:
1. The new petrol which i put in was not good (i got it from SHELL)
2. The bad petrol made a sticky liquid which froze the VALVES & they got stuck.
3. He told to drain the petrol & get new from PSO or CALTEX & start my car on cng NOW.
4. THE CAR STARTED ON cng & i DRAINED THE PETROL & got new one from PSO.
5. Luckily the problem didnt happen again.
My Engines configuration is as under:
1. Civic 99 EXI with swapped engine D15B JDM 1.5 Non Vtec.
2. Its EFI but no ADNANCER & EMULATOR installed. The injector wires are cut & working in DESI way.
3. The timing from distributor is set for CNG & not for Petrol.
4. The air blockage is installed in the air cleaner box.
5. Radiator fan is on AUTO against my mechanic's strong wish. The engine never overheat & fan is working fine on auto.
After the incident, i have decided following:-
1. To get my timing set for petrol & not for CNG.
2. To install TOMASETTO 2in1 ADVANCER+EMULATOR.
3. To change the temp con which switches ON the radiator fan as i feel that fan turns on late & engine becomes too hot & putting Excessive load on the cooling system.
Plz comment on above & advise on following as well:
1. Ur recommendation on type of spark plugs with part no for NGK & DENSO both as i could not find it on internet.
2. What should be the recommended spark plug gap as Honda recommends 1.0 mm to 1.1mm but my mechanic usually set it on 0.6 mm.
3. What is the recommended VALVE Clearance for INLET & EXHAUST VALVES. I have heard that both have different clearance but mechanics usually set it the same for both which i think is not right thing to do.
Thanking in advance All PW members & experts.