I sold my Suzuki Cultus 2003 (Non EFI) and bought used Suzuki Cultus VXRi 2007 EFI (4 Cylinders) in v. good condition. Its current mileage is 35,000 km.
1. Car asks for 2nd gear at speed of 15km, 3rd gear on 35km, 4th gear on 60km, while 5th gear on 80km n above. The maximum speed I was able to achieve is 110km on CNG and petrol.
The Suzuki Cultus 2003 (which I have sold) used to ask for 3rd gear at 60km, 4th at 90km and 5th at 110 and above.
I am not sure if this is normal for EFI engine to ask for gear at lower speeds?
Another possibility could be the issue with spark-plugs. For example, if one spark-plug is not working, it means there will be no ignition in that cylinder and instead of releasing the hot air in the 4th stroke, the cylinder might be exhausting the un-burned fuel. This is why I feel smell of petrol sometimes with white smoke coming out of silencer.
2. The heat needle of the car stays in the middle (After driving for 20 mins or so). While in my Cultus 2003, the heat needle used to stay just below the middle i-e at about quarter. I am thinking to use some coolant (Green) liquid.
3. The CNG yellow LED keeps on blinking but i think its normal. However there is no red light for reserve mode (like it was in Cultus 2003). I mean when there is only 1 yellow light left, it means car can run out of CNG at any moment.
4. When I change the gear, it sounds like some metal rods are striking with each other just beneath the gearbox. I mean gear changing is not smooth. In Cultus 2003, I had similar issue but I changed the rubbers in gearbox and the problem vanished.
5. The sound of engine is much more than that of Cultus 2003. May be its because it has much bigger engine than the old model.
6. Lastly, should I get the timing belt changed since car engine is still running factory installed belt.