First of all, amazing post regarding Daewoo racer/cielo, great work guys.
This post is rather long, and great details are available. I have been reading for a while but still couldn?t finish the post. So I decided to create my user and post my story and my problems here.
I have been the owner of Daewoo Racer 93 (officers scheme) since 2003. It?s a great luxury car. It has a nice feel of power and a luxurious ride. I was really happy with this car, but it has started giving me problems for 2-3 years now. Currently I am doing a job in Lahore and the car is back home in Rawalpindi.
I try my best to replace the parts that the mechanics say can be repaired. I have put in LOTs of money, and never been shy of investing money to keep up the car, but now I guess its beyond that point.
There have been times when I was really sick of it and really wanted to sell off this car. I stopped using the car and instead used my motorbike (yes that was the level of hopelessness I felt with this car).
After considering the value for money, and calculating of selling this off and buying the new one, I must say there is no car as luxurious as this, IF and only IF the Daewoo works.
Sorry for the long and unorganized post, but I have to let it out ..!
The problem Im facing is that it just stops working randomly (after a couple of months? time) and has become totally unreliable for my mother. I have overhauled the engine, replaced the complete wiring with new genuine available, did almost everything the mechanic and electrician asked of me, but still after a while it will just give you DHOKA. For past 6-7months it has not given me any ?dhoka? so I have decided to invest money into it and bring it back to shape.
Before I spend money on bodywork, paint and interior job, I want to be satisfied that the car is in perfect shape mechanically and electrically.
I used to get the work done from Federal Autos in I-8 Islamabad, then Federal Autos Saddar Rawalpindi (now closed) and now I get my work done from Gulrez by Irfan (Mechanic) and Sajid (Electrician). They seem to know their work well enough, but somehow have not been able to meet my expectation. The car AC now does not work for more than 1 month. Either the new pipes get leaked, or the condenser leaks, or there is overheating or something like that. There is also an issue with battery, as it drains a lot. The battery guy says the battery is good, but if I don?t start the car for more than 2 days then I have to jump start it.
The current mechanical problems I am facing are as follows:
- While driving a squeaking sound starts (chee chee chee chee) and if I turn the car to right, it stops, and starts back when the car is moving straight. Brake noise is there as well when I apply brakes. I have gotten the brakes serviced and pads as well.
- There is a vibration in the car when I am slowly applying the brake from speed of 80 Km/h. I have gotten the wheels aligned and the rims seem to be okay as well.
- The car vibrates at a certain point when accelerating. I have gotten the silencer and foundation checked. Issue is still there.
- The race idle increases a lot after a time. When you go to the mechanic, they service that race control module and put it back in adjust the race. It works ok for a little while, but starts to increase again. The mechanic has done a desi TODKA for now, which is putting a piece of cloth in the air intake.
- Where can I get good shocks?
- Is there any place that I can get my car checked for the body condition. I mean if there is a place where I can get the body alignment checked. Any sort of jigs that can say that the body is aligned perfectly horizontally and vertically.
Cant remember any other problems yet, but I have a few other questions:
- I really want the engine to be smooth and vibration free. Should I consult some specialist? Also is it a good idea to COMPLETELY replace the engine with some other engine, lets say a Toyota?
- Is there any better option for brakes? Having some upgraded discs? or something like that.
- Is there any way to sound proof the interior? And is there some specialist who could diagnose and remove ALL interior sounds?
- Are there any belt motor upgrades? My belt does not retract on its own.
I cant remember anything else, but Ill sure post it when I remember it.
I really want to upgrade my car and make it luxurious enough to compete with other cars of its class (luxury and ride wise). Please help me here with links or posts if someone has done it.
Should I be changing the mechanic/electrician? But I really don?t want to be ripped off.
Sorry to make you guys read this long post. Any help would be appreciated.