Alonso wins for Ferrari at Monza
Fernando Alonso revitalised his title challenge by claiming a highly popular victory for Ferrari in its home race at Monza, ahead of McLaren's Jenson Button and Felipe Massa in the second Ferrari.
[U]<font color='blue'>Italian GP Race results</font>[/U]
Pos Driver Team Time
1. Alonso Ferrari 1h16:24.572
2. Button McLaren-Mercedes + 2.938
3. Massa Ferrari + 4.223
4. Vettel Red Bull-Renault + 28.193
5. Rosberg Mercedes + 29.942
6. Webber Red Bull-Renault + 31.276
7. Hulkenberg Williams-Cosworth + 32.812
8. Kubica Renault + 34.028
9. Schumacher Mercedes + 44.948
10. Barrichello Williams-Cosworth + 1:04.200
11. Buemi Toro Rosso-Ferrari + 1:05.00
12. Liuzzi Force India-Mercedes + 1:06.100
13. Petrov Renault + 1:18.900
14. De la Rosa Sauber-Ferrari + 1 lap
15. Alguersuari Toro Rosso-Ferrari + 1 lap
16. Sutil Force India-Mercedes + 1 lap
17. Glock Virgin-Cosworth + 2 laps
18. Kovalainen Lotus-Cosworth + 2 laps
19. Di Grassi Virgin-Cosworth + 2 laps
20. Yamamoto HRT-Cosworth + 2 laps
Fastest lap: <font color='green'>Alonso, 1:24.139</font>
Driver Team On lap
Trulli Lotus-Cosworth 47
Senna HRT-Cosworth 12
Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 1
Kobayashi Sauber-Ferrari 1
World Championship Standings after Italian GP
[U]<font color='red'>World Championship Standings</font>[/U]
1. Webber 187 1. Red Bull-Renault 350
2. Hamilton 182 2. McLaren-Mercedes 347
3. Alonso 166 3. Ferrari 290
4. Button 165 4. Mercedes 158
5. Vettel 163 5. Renault 127
6. Massa 124 6. Force India-Mercedes 58
7. Rosberg 112 7. Williams-Cosworth 47
8. Kubica 108 8. Sauber-Ferrari 27
9. Schumacher 46 9. Toro Rosso-Ferrari 10
10. Sutil 45
11. Barrichello 31
12. Kobayashi 21
13. Petrov 19
14. Hulkenberg 16
15. Liuzzi 13
16. Buemi 7
17. De la Rosa 6
18. Alguersuari 3
Haryanto earns Virgin F1 test drive
Indonesian driver Rio Haryanto will test a Virgin Formula 1 car as a prize for his performance in the GP3 series.
Teams pass new flexi-tests
Red Bull Racing, Ferrari and McLaren have now all passed the front floor deflection tests introduced for this weekend's Italian Grand Prix, bringing an end to the flexible bodywork controversy that has marred recent weeks.
Button not relying on rivals' problems
World champion Jenson Button says that he and his closest title rivals must not just rely on points leaders Lewis Hamilton and Mark Webber hitting trouble if they are going to get themselves firmly back in title contention.
McLaren warns rivals over team orders
McLaren's title rivals have been warned to think very carefully before trying to use blatant team orders in the Formula 1 title battle just yet - despite the FIA's ruling on the matter this week.
Vettel plans calm approach for race
Sebastian Vettel says he is not planning to try anything crazy to gain positions following a difficult qualifying at Monza.
Hamilton says Webber the main priority
Lewis Hamilton says overtaking Mark Webber is his main priority for the start of the Italian Grand Prix following a difficult qualifying.
Red Bull lowers targets for Monza
Red Bull Racing says its priority in the Italian Grand Prix is to just bring both its cars home in the points - as it awaits the return of tracks that will suit its package better.
Lotus to adopt Team Lotus name
Lotus will adopt the famous Team Lotus name from next year, AUTOSPORT has learned, in a deal that is set to be announced at the Singapore Grand Prix.
@zia1288, m_waqas and UK
Thanks guys, for your prayers for me and my family to overcome this sad time.
Sorry Bro, can't do what you suggested:).
@All Alonso fans
Congratulations for a deserved victory.