I have a plan/suggestion for extreme winters..... if someone is interested then we can proceed.
During snow seasons we will travel from Islamabad-Muree-Nathiagalli-kalabagh-Abbotabad-Islamabad, when road is normally closed for trafic....
SNOW CROSS COUNTRY
There is nothing extra we have to do for traveling on snow (especially snow on paved roads), it is even more easy to travel on snow except if it not chock your whole front radiator grill while moving on 2~3 feet soft snow. The only difficult part is driving on ICE (there we need snow chains).
We should have snow chains (but not compulsory) we will put those 4x4 vehicles without snow chains in between the convoy so that if it skids on ICE and hit other vehicles that should be friendly hit (like we have on 5th Oct).
Another important thing is proper warm clothing and extra food for another day (although we have one day trip) and preparedness to stay in snow if something unforeseen happened (which will inshahallah not happened) like few years back due to traffic jam near Murree, people spend night in their vehicles. I myself spend that night inside the vehicle by choice in Murree (Mall road, photos attached on the beginning of this thread). Its better to have sleeping bags and blankets in case of emergency.
The other gear/ equipment that are required not for every participant but at least required quantity will be available, so few friends can volunteer. There are some compulsory gears that every one should have is mentioned here.
- Boots with extra dry socks (It’s better to put shoppers over your socks before putting feet inside shoes)
- A couple pair of gloves/ mittens
- Winter hats/ ski caps/scarf
- Blankets/ Sleeping bag
- Drinking water (which will be used for vehicle too)
- Swiss knife
- A headlamp/ Torch
- Extra batteries for everything that takes batteries
- All this fits in one medium-sized bag,
.......and whatever else it occurs to you to throw in the jeep.
- Snow chains
- Snow shovel
- Jumper cables
- Toe chains/ strap
- Jerry Can 20L (diesel/ petrol)
- Hi-Lift Jack (doubles as hand winch w/ attachment)
- Necessary tools/ hose pipe/ fan belts/ steel wires
- Small Gas cylinder/ camp stove & fuel
- Binocular or Monocular
- First Aid kit
Then again, people in the area will come and help us, if we get stuck (but we had experience good teamwork on our 14 august event).