This post is not directly related to the topic, but since it's getting plenty of interest from Jeepers, I wonder if someone could help me out,
I have a Lancruiser BJ74 (1985 manufactured) and it has a 24 volt electrical system,
there seems to be some problem with the wiring as the vehicle discharges excessively when the engine is not switched on, it seems the voltage is leaking somewhere or being sapped up by something,
even if all electricals are turned off and the key is left in the ACC position, the batteries discharge almost completely within 20-30 minutes, if the healights are left on for 3 to 4 minutes when the engine is off, the batteries again discharge almost completely,
each time the batteries discharge I have to jump start the car as the batteries are just too weak,
I have already had the alternator and fan belt replaced but the problem persists,
does anyone know a highly efficient electrician who is in particular proficient in a 24 volt electrical system or know what the cause of this problem is???
My second problem is that this car is my primary mode of transport and I use it for work too, so I can't afford to leave the car at an electricians place for more than a day.
Hope someone out there can help out.