I got the charges checked from the Excise office, Lahore yesterday. They said that tentative Registration Charges would be as follows:
- Token from 2003 to July 2007 @ Rs 4,700 per year=23,500
- Token for 2008 to 2009 @ Rs 5,000 + Rs 200 (professional tax) =5,200
- Forensic Lab charges for Chassis inspection: Rs 8,000 approx
- Registration Charges: Rs 1,500
- 4% of the invoice value of vehicle (according to the auction sheet of Pak Army).
- Engine Number Chage Charges: Rs 5,000 approx
All told, the charges are approximately Rs 50,000 and the process takes about a week.
- Income tax (Rs 8000) would not be applicable since the jeep is older than 10 years.
- Luxury tax (Rs 200,000) would also not be applicable since it is an auctioned jeep and does not come in the category of imported vehicles.
iSiddique, Sir, the next time you check with the tax people, do ask them why Withholding tax would be applicable to your LC, since its model is older than 10 years. By the way, the section that deals with Auction vehicles is on the First Floor of the Taxation office.
Brothers, please share updates as and when you get any, as there seem to be many exceptions to the Registration rules, disclosed only if one agrees to give a handsome kharcha pani.