So it has finally come to down to this. I have a Mira Manual 2005 with EF-SE engine in it which is now (according to multiple mechanics) need to be replaced (Engine is reducing oil like anything and recently blown valve seal so I hear loud whizzing of air escaping). So I would appreciate if people in this forum can guide me for the best resolution. My question are
- Which engine should I go for ??
1) Another EF-SE which will fit bolt to bolt.
2) EF-VD which is DOHC 12V variant and comes in other commonly found L250 Mira(s). But would that fit ?
3) KF-VE which is from new Mira (2007 onward (L275, L300)) but I have been told it wont fit. Can someone confirm this.?
- Should I also consider a transmission swap??
1) Keep using my older one
2) Use the one that comes with the swapped engine.
3) Convert to Automatic . But that would add extra stuff too to the bill (Gear shift assembly, ECU etc.)
Another option to consider is that I should sell the car as it is right now at a lower rate and just go for automatic or new versions of the car.