I just got my ek a couple of days back, its 2k11 with 60k km on it. hunted an ELM327 obdii connector too. loads of fun with android connectivity, u should definitely download Torque pro app. adds rpm meter, hud display, engine temp. coolant temp, intake air temp, and 250 more sensors real live data on your androids.
Just wanted to share/ask a question, Jap manual tells me that EK is equipped with security system (choon choon). dashboard hood has a light for it too. as far as i could translate the jap manual, here are my findings to enable it (its disabled by default from mitsubishi):
- key should not be in the ignition. just keep in your hand. i mean chabi lgi nhi honi chahiyay.
- turn headlights off.
- open driverside door.
- pull the windscreen wiper washer lever for 10 seconds (as to spray water, but water doesnt get sprayed as key is not inserted in car).
- internal beeper (not horn) sounds for 10 seconds, keep wiper lever pulled during that.
- after beeper goes off , press unlock button from key.
- car beeper beeps, 1 beep means the security system is disabled. 3 beeps mean its armed/enabled.
- release the washerlever.
- close the door.
- insert the key.
now if you lock the car with key, hood shows a red light, just over the engine icon. manual says the security system has been armed.
security system enable to ho gya lekin gardi ko manual open krnay ki koshish kro, ya hilao, ya dhakka lgay ya noise ho to regular security systems ki tarah shor q nahi machati.
another thing is that after enabling my car keeps beeping, like teent teent teent. (internal beeper) i suppose internal beeper should not be constant, it must go off.
kaafi koshish ki lekin phir teent teent se tng aa k disable kr dea. disable krnay ka procedure wohi hay, just step 6 pr unlock button ko aik bar phir press karein to beep single ho jati hay. means k disabled.
Kindly try and tell if yours worked ?
zahid.asif@ g m a i l .c o m 0331 53 86 088