The question you did to me was was my first question on this form. I also wanted to know what benefit security system offers.
Infact my EK's ecu was tampered in Japan somewhere, so there is a fault, it follows through all the steps of enabling the security system, & at the end mine one's meter beeps constantly and beep does not go away in 20 seconds like it does in all other EKs i ve tried so far. but that is only with my EK and none else. hence my reply would not be as authentic as the one's whose security system got enabled completely. The people i ve consulted,tell following:
1. security system enabled, alright. beep turned off after 20 seconds, confirming enabling.
2. there is a small light in meter which shows security system has been armed. (red led type light above engine icon in meter)
3. when you are out of car, and have armed the security system by pressing lock key, this light blinks
4. if someone tries to open your car with any other key (not yours), alarm starts, horn yells, lights and indicators flicker.
5. if someone is inside when you have locked and he tries to open the car, the alarm starts.
6. but to my dismay, its not exactly like the choon choon we get installed from market, like if car is bumped or thumped or vibrated it starts yelling, in factory security system mode, it does not start yelling upon thumping, bumping or vibrations, which defeats the basic purpose.
Manual says that if some theif will try to mess with your car it will yell.
but as i said, i am on the shallow side of fortune pool because my EK ECU was tampered with at Japan. and all / anyone / everyone i consulted to correct it starts gazing me like i am talking russian or chinese to him. haha. You can try and update your info here.
b/t/w disabling the security system is also the same process, just when you hear 3 beeps while enabling you ll hear only 1 (means disabled) when doing the same process again.
You can arm and disarm it as many times as you like. no harm to car. none at all. i tried it almost a dozen times to an EK just to test the difference. all good.
as for as English translation goes, Wise09 bhai of Lahore is the most knowledgeable on the subject so far. He is the one who shared the jap manual. he and i tried a hell lot to find english manual. but couldnt, I spent entire week finding each and every alternative to it. but couldnt get the english one. atlast i translated the required pages line by line from google-translate. funny translation, but you have to get the hang of it.
I also came across a very fine portal, it shows parts of EK, all, and is very informative, is infact a part-selling site, but from it i came to know lot of details, you might want to turn on google-translate feature of your browser to auto, for this also is in Japanese. link is as follows:
Mitsubishi eK-Series - ???????????? LRDE G (2WD), 4A/T<wagon> - ????????