Guys, today i went to Mitsubishi Motors Islamabad,
nice fellows there, can get thousands out of your pocket real smooth. anyhow proper tools, proper workshop, proper team for everything, body, engine, elect, u name it. Ashfaq is the service desk guy, Good person. Bilal the engine guy, has knowledge of how it works.
I was merely passing by, and went there just of curiosity to ask about the flutter in sound of EK, they told me that Ek's catalytic converter is choked, hence pick has dropped and sound is flapperish, sound also because of tappets, later they removed the catalytic converter, its directly below the exhaust manifold, (the bottle like thing), and removed everything from its belly, the parts they extracted looked like grey / silverish honeycomb structure, clay mesh made up of thousands of square pipes binded together, google 'catalytic converter' to understand the gibberish. ... they removed it, and just to my curiosity i looked at a piece of removed 'jaali'; my analysis was that it was not choked, i could see through it. :(, anyhow after removal the pick improvement was just say 10%!?, downside was the sound flutter increase by around 5%. I hv brought a couple of CC pieces with me as sample, will share you the pics.
bytheway they took 1500 to remove it. f****d up in 1500.
lesson learnt: DONT remove your catalytic converter if your car is less than 5 years old, earlier it normally doesnt get choked.
other than that they done tappets, were loose, (62k km were on the ODO, tappets should ve been loose), and i had my Auto Tranny fluid ATF (not WTF) changed. costed 2000 per litre, [genuine mitsubishi ATFSPIII, if i had not access to it, i would ve poured liquimoli] they poured 2 litre in it. now gearshifting and drive is smoother, cant tell when the car shifted its gear.
1. ATF should be changed at 60k km (must),
2. if Ek is decreasing brakeoil, the diskpads are the culprits.
3. at P (Parking gear) the RPM should be around 950, at D 850. they vary with gears.
4. Ek; when taking a turn during drive automatically increases 50 RPM for every 15 degree.
5. at Mitsu Isb; tuning cost 850,
6. total coolant cost 1500 there, front disk brake pads were of 4500 pkr pad replacement cost 450 pkr , spark plugs set 775pkr, [i didnt change em. just sharing you the cost.]
7. genuine air cleaner element , cost 1950 pkr, changed it.
8. tappet adjustment gauge is 0.20mm or #8gauge.
9. sparkplugs are opened with #16 long goti+rod, another piece of knowledge is that the normal #16 goti you buy out there like GSTOOLS type, its thicker and will not reach downtill the plug. u either need slim version, or u have to get it tooled from lathe. check that goti drops an inch or so down the sparkplug hole. if its end is flush with top of the hole, its not reaching till down. this i came to know yesterday when i wanted to DIY clean my sparkplugs myself. took 2 hours to figure. but at-the-end kr k hi dm lea.