I would like to share some details of my civic EG on this forum.
1995 1.8 VTi
Honda's DOHC VTEC engines have always been a fascination to all Enthusiasts like me. Designed for practicality, B18C is one of the most recognized, favorite & best engine of all time. I actually had intentions for quite a long time to elevate the performance of my civic by keeping it a daily driver, so I considered and implemented all essential upgrades necessary to improve the performance, stability & handling with reliability. It?s running perfectly fine since then. However, it seems that the process of upgrades will tend to continue forever :). I own this car since 2000 and it was under consideration since then to upgrade the car for improved performance and handling. With this aim, I have been doing a lot of research on possible upgrades and started upgrading different areas over the period of time with proper planning and arrangement of parts.
Below are some details of the upgrades / modifications I have done to my civic EX so far:
- All body is in its original color & perfect condition (picture will speak the truth)
- No paint job done except for bonnet. However the car needs re spraying by a highly professional (whom I have not found so far)
- JUN Type Front Bumper Lip
- JDM Rear Trunk spoiler
- TYC Projection lamps at front
- JDM Fog Lamps
- Front seats are from civic94 SiR (the one with single support Head rest)
- Meter panel from civic SiR with redline @ 8200 as per engine specs
- MOMO steering Wheel. with Sparco quick release kit
- Honda S2K Push Button Start system
- Spoon titanium gear knob (light weight)
- TEIN Type HA suspensions, 6-Way ground control coil overs -> (This was Removed as the ride was uncomfortable although the handling was superb. I could feel around the corners)
- KONI Yellow Sports shock absorbers replaced the TIEN's. -> (KONI yellows have exceptional road holding & are combined with an acceptable level of comfort) Damping rate is adjustable on the fly externally that makes fine tuning even easier. Performance and handling is one thing, to make a car splendid daily driver, comfort is a factor that must be considered; it cannot be and is not disregarded.
- Tien Type S Teck Lowering springs (1.5" drop)
- 4Wheel Disk Brake conversion (10.3" rotor @ front) -> Recently further upgraded to 11? rotors and DC2 Integra Type R Calipers. (This has improved the brakes remarkably)
- All round Integra Disc Brakes + Calipers (Painted in red)
- APP Braided brake lines
- 15/16 ratio Master Cylinder + Double layer servo mechanism from Integra SiR
- Proportioning valve upgraded to 4040 in accordance with 4 wheel disc brake system
- 15" MonoBlock Taiwan Super Lightweight, Alloys + Yokohama S-Drive 195/55/R-15
- Steering Rack from Integra GSR SiR
- Front Sway Bar is upgraded to 24mm (civic TypeR)
- Rear 14mm Sway Bar is installed
- Front Strut Bar from Integra GSR SiR
- Rear Strut Bar (Spoon)
- Rear lower tie bar (Beaks)
- CUSCO Pillow ball mounts
- JDM front cross bar (for chasse reinforcement)
- Hawk Brake Pads (Has been replaced with OEM Pads as Hawk creates a lot of dust)
- Energy Suspension Polyurethane Bushings (front & rear suspension)
- Liqui Moli Dot.4 Brake fluid
ICE - In Car Entertainment:
- Pioneer head unit
- Front components + rear speakers
- 12 CD changer
- Some more will be added soon
Power plant / Engine Bay:
- Transplanted to B18c GSR SiR - 180hp
- B18c Manual Gear Box with LSD.
- VTEC Short Shifter with spoon gear knob
- VTEC kicks inn @4400rpm
- Secondary Butterfly valve opens @ 6000rpm (Max Power throughout the Rev Band)
- 2.25" exhaust piping + 5Zigen Exhaust Muffler with 4 inch Tip
- Free Cold Air Intake
- K&N Air Intake Filter replaced with ? Tegiwa Free flow air induction installed with new K&N filter
- MSD Spark Plug Wires ? have been removed
- TODA Racing timing belt + Tensioner
- Liqui Moly Frictionless Treatment valid up to 50,000KM's.
- Walbro Fuel Pump. (115LPH)
The engine is in perfect condition. All internals are stock and i get the water dew at the exhaust every morning. NO modifications have been done on the engine as the performance is pretty impressive stock standard. Some stats on the engine are as follows:
Engine code: B18C (GSR)
Horse power: 180 @ 7600rpm
Torque: 128 lb-ft @ 6200rpm
Valve train: DOHC VTEC 1.8 Liter
Red line: 8200rpm (mine can push to max)
Mileage: 80k (v well maintained)
Transmission: 5 Speed Manual LSD
This engine was imported from JAPAN and was extracted from Honda Integra half cut 1998 model. The donor Integra had 80K KMs mileage on the clock. Luckily found it in the junk yard in Malaysia The half cut cost me $3400 including the shipment cost to Pakistan. The DC2 Integra (94-01 model) chases is based on civic 92~95, so the transplant was straight forward. No modifications were required. The B18C simply bolts on in civic EG. However a lot have to be done with its wiring in our case since the car was originally non EFI. (carburetor system) Luckily, I had uncut wiring with it that made the conversion much easier. The fuel tank was replaced with the one from EFi civic.
This transplant was done precisely after a very long R&D on each and every aspect. A lot of time / money has been and efforts have been put in.
Future Planned Upgrades:
Vinyl Wrap: I have planned to wrap the car with 3M vinyl. Vinyl color is not finalized yet. This project is planned to be started in Feb next year. -> Pending.
Skunk 2 Stage1 CAM upgrade with High Performance Tuning (This upgrade will improve the performance by 20 to 25 HP with stock internals & without any harm to the engine) -> Pending.
- Let the other ones secret at the moment
Some more coming up soon:) You have to wait till then.
Thank you for reading. Now the pics i know you are all waiting for