hi Guys, I am in the same situation as Xavierl as my budget is 1 million rupee max(all inclusive registration,insurance,blah blah) but I have some more concerns.
I don't live in Karachi, I am buying a car just for my sister and mother. My sister has to go to office and then uni in the evening, and then the usual travelling to markets etc. My sister doesn't know how to drive so she will learn to drive with this car we are buying. I want the car to be hassle free(you know how girls are).
Features I want (priority (high)1-7(low) )
1) Power steering
3) Some sort of security like Immobilizer so it won't start even if hot wired.
4) Repair (ager lag laga jae to repair ho jae aaraam se and parts mil jae)
5) Fuel Economy should be OK - Only petrol, NO CNG
6) Maintainance should be not not that expensive
In short please suggest a car which will be suitable for a beginner girl in karachi scenario. Please take into account all the situation of Karachi like theft, snatching, etc. I wan't my sister to be safe on karachi roads as well as have fun driving.
Cars I have short listed and the things which are concerned in it
1) Honda City iDSI (2005-2008) - Big Car so maybe my sister will have trouble - No Immobilizer
2) Toyota Vitz/Yaris (please suggest model year) - Does it have immobilizer?