i have gli , same as that of xli, so on cng it gives around , 2rs / km ........ in city, on highways, abt 200 km in 300rs in one fill, all with ac,
2.0D is around 2.8 rs per km ..........
but in my openion, 2.0d is better then cng gli or xli, i bought gli cos of lack of manythings in xli and 2.0d sallon is kinda out of range for me, but still in my openion deisel 2.0d is best option if considering xli to be converting on cng,
so many things if comparing xli (cng) with 2.0d,
* less weight in 2.0d ..... cng cylinder=1 person extra on board.
* tune ups of cng kit, or- install real Efi kits=80k for kit
* less power
* need refills after 2 days ... get into lines to get
* less pick up ....... a lil uncertainity with car's reliability
* in long distance drives, wastes lot of time in getting refill , distance increased by approx 1-2 hrs with cng refilling and resting headache.
* etc etc
else i think if deisel 2.0D u buy new , zero meter, there wont be any prob as mention by "theboss" .... change oil periodically , there wont be any prob in it.
my vote is for 2.0D ...... also that would be nice if indus put some lil accessories which they call but i think they are basic need, like , power window, colour option, etc