I bought my first Honda Civic in 2002 and since then have upgraded my civic every time a new model was launched. Very honestly Honda has always been ahead of any other locally produced car by miles. But unfortunately my latest Experience with the present model has changed all that. Btw its an automatic Honda civic 2015..Just writing to see if other members/users feel the same.
1. The interior.. it reminds me of the song BARBIE GIRL.. Every thing is so PLASTIC. i remember the first time i pressed the horn and i was like WHATTT????? The sound of pressing the horn was so itchy. Then come the silver door knobs.. Seriously a Chinese radio control car is made of better material. Driving a Civic was all about how good it makes you feel.. But driving this version is a different story all together... one look to your left and that dull plastic dash board just kills the mood... And lets just leave the seat covers because am sure everyone would have changed them in the first week. TOTALLY UNBEARABLE..
2. Why was Honda always better then a Toyota.. The drive??? i wonder what was Honda thinking when they started using EURO STAR. My ride is so noisy and frankly i dont get that secure feel that you normally get when you drive a civic. I have driven this version with changed tires and there is a remarked difference. But i just paid them 2.5 million couldnt they give better tires. My Suzuki Swift auto version has Bridgestone.
3. i will not complain about mileage because Civics were never meant to be fuel efficient. But still under 10 in city is damn awful specially considering other 1800 cc cars doing much better
4. A lot of people are pulling their hair off after using the new multimedia that they installed. honestly i dont even have words to tell you how fed up i am with it. it is so pathetic.. next to impossible to use.. ignore the navigation ignore the internet ignore skype ignore every so called added SHASHKA.. it literally cant play music.. it hangs alot.. crashes a lot.. anyways i have given up hope i just generally avoid using it coz its that annoying.
5. my biggest worry.. i have 6500 miles on my car.. i have been to islamabad twice,, faisalabad once.. and bhurewala once.. the rest is all driven in lahore..no kacha rastay or bad roads.. i am not a heavy pedal type guy... but my brake shoes they have started squeaking as if they been depleted. the guys at Honda say its coz of rain. but i have never taken my car out in rain.. is it even possible??
just heart broken.. i think its high time to purchase my first Toyota