came back from Kalam yesterday.
An update on our reconnect projects.....
1. Zarinal pedestrian bridge Alhamdollilah completed.
2. Bafar pedestrian bridge concrete blocks constructed. Wood will be
put in place in 3-4 days and the bridge will be opened inshallah on
Dec 2, 2010.
3. Aryanay patay vehicular bridge construction in progress. 30 percent
work concluded. Good quality workmanship witnessed.
4. Asarate area identified for another pedestrian bridge. Negotiations
on way with the elders and an update will be available by tomorrow mid
5. Vehicular bridge requirement for village call Ramate, near Bahrain identified. Work will initiate from Wednesday. This bridge will serve a community of 1000 houses which at the moment use the cable car for crossing river.
6. One alternator provided to ghayal village which is now operational
and giving free electricty to around 50 houses.
7. One charkha handed over to Galate khas area. They have a 3 kva
alternator and hence would provide electricity to 25 houses and a
8. Nazimabad turbine put in place and water in the channel will be
released on 23rd Nov to see for any spills. Hopefully the turbine
which will give electricty to 203 houses will be operational by 25th
Three more villages identified that needs to be given turbines and alternators.
- Sayedano cham 7.5kva
- Aryana khas 12kva
- Aryanay patay 10 kva.
The inmates of these three villages are staying back in winters hence
it is imperative to give them what they need. Currently we have in
place requirement for one village only but would need to place order
for 2 turbines and 2 alternators more.
The focus is to conclude all these projects before Dec 15,2010 as the road beyond Bahrain would be unservicable once snow starts. So far all the projects mentioned above would inshallah conclude in 2 weeks. There could be a slight delay in construction of Ramate vehicular bridge unless agressive visits are carried out in the coming week.