if safety is your primary concern. you should go for a JDM or a german car, perhaps a 5-6 year old audi if thats in your budget. hondas are well suited for carpet roads and don't fare as well as corollas on bumpy roads if you go ahead and buy a new civic, keep in mind that next year August Honda will launch 1.5 lt. turbo charged new civic in Pakistan which I believe has airbags as well as the current civic
when buying a JDM please keep the following things in mind.
1. getting a 4.5 or 5 grade JDM which is not accidented or doesn't have parts replaced will cost a large sum of money - you can buy if not an equally a 90% good zero meter local car in that money. For example, a 5 grade prius will cost you around 2.3 million if you're lucky
2. JDMs don't have any "fixed" rates. they are auctioned cars. sometimes a dealer might be able to get a good prius in 2 million rupees, sometimes even in 1.8 million rupees but they will hesitate in showing you the actual auction sheet and sell you the car for 2.2-2.3 million
3. accidented JDMs are not a bad deal at all contrary to the popular opinion. lets say a car grazed her fender while parking. and fender was painted. otherwise car is perfect. its price will be at least 2-3 lac less than a clean 4 or 5 grade car. most dealers even "good ones" import R grade cars because margin is more in them
4. all in all, if PKR 2 million doesn't mean a lot of money to you, get a prius. or a honda Vezel if you have 3.3 million and so forth
5. if 2 million is a lot of money for you, trust me you do not want to lose your sleep over the fact that you gave away 2 million for a used car with 60-80kms on the Odo
6. this is pakistan. automobile industry is not regulated at all. local corollas and hondas are nowhere near german or jdm cars in quality
7. even the 2.5 million corolla altis grande doesn't come with an immobiliser
perhaps someone who works at honda or toyota or someone who has inside information might be able to tell you exactly if these cars are crash tested or not. I think they are "hardly" crash tested. local assemblers just rely on foreign design schematics and hope the same crash testing would work locally.
perhaps you can save one million and buy a small JDM car like mira, boon, passo etc
I was with a friend in his passo the other day. i was surprised how much leg room it had on the rear
perfect car for small family
i hope my effort helps you in taking a decision that gives you peace of mind
stay blessed, and drive safe!