I learnt at the age of 16 by myself, dad ki chrysler stratus pe, automatic back in 1997 sharjah, uae.
For the first couple of months, i did only reverse and forward having my foot on brake all the time.
Gradually started to turn slowly left and right.
Upon gaining some confidence, told dad i know how to maneuver the car, he wasn't surprised at all since my elder brother started to drive with dad at the age of 12 in Yemen on open grounds. so he used to give me the keys to get the car from parking lot in front of apartment gate whenever family got to go out.
then in 2006 leart driving manual with driver on suzuki khyber .
now have my own city manual '11 and love every bit of driving.
cars history we had.
1) Toyota Corolla (Company car in Yemen) from 86 upto 92
2) Ford Tempo (Company car in Sharjah, UAE) from 93 to 96
Pontiac Tempest (Company car dad brought for a day when our Ford Temp was gone for service)
3) Chrysler Stratus (Company car in Sharjah, UAE) from 97 to 2000
Nissan Maxima 30GV (Company car brought for a day when our Stratus was gone for service)
4) Honda City EXiS '01 (Company car in Khi, Pak) from 2001 to 2005
5) Suzuki Khayber (Temp personal car here) for 3 months in 2006
Nissan Sunny (Company rented car for 3 months until Honda Civic Vti Oriel came in)
6) Honda Civic (Company car) from 2006 to 2008
7) Suzuki Liana (Family car) from 2006 to 2009
8) Honda City '05 (Family car) from 2009 to 2009
9) Suzuki Liana (Company car) 2009 to 2010)
10) Toyota Premio '02 (Family car) from 2010 to 2011 (Reason for selling cuz of khi halaat)
11) Toyota Mark II 2.5 Grande '04 (Family car) from 2010 to 2011 (Reason for selling cuz of khi halaat)
12) Toyota Corolla Altis '06 (Company car) from 2010 to date
13) Honda City '11 (Family car) from 2011 to date.
& by Grace of Allah, have driven numerous cars, khush dosto ki, khuch relatives ki etc.
Dream is to drive is Lambo (any model, beggers cant be choosers