Comparison with Suzuki and Honda is difficult only in terms of Reliability which can only be proven or otherwise in the course of time, although on features I can shed some light. I had ridden a GS-150 a couple of years back and there is a deluxe with another person at work, so I will try to post side by side pics next week.
Storm-125 has basically all features of both GS-125 and Deluxe:
- Best looks and style of any locally supported bike.
- Self start
- Gear indication
- Fuel gauge
- Handle lock integrated in ignition
- Parking lights, so the ignition is park, lock, off, on. You set it to park, the handle is locked and you take the key out.
- Deluxe style choke
- High beam dipper
- Engine kill switch
- Helmet lock (same key as ignition)
- Modern fuel tank lid
- 5 gears
- Good acceleration from stop
- Disk brake in front
- Great road grip, I would not lean a GS-150 as much as I did this one and got away with it
- Stylish exhaust (GS is now coming with simpler exhaust)
So in my opinion it still lacks some features:
- Quality control
- 3S center in Islamabad
- Accessories like storage bags similar to what traffic cops are using on GS.
- Alloy wheels
I did comment on the acceleration but I will not comment on top speed because I ride safely 50 to 70 kmph normally. At this speed 70cc guys pass me but that does not bother me, I do not see a point in riding rashly when there is no place in Islamabad with legal speeds of more than 80 kmph