I want to swap suzuki m13a engine in my Suzuki Khyber and need help with that as its a new area of work for me. This car was my fathers daily use car and after he died its very precious to me and i want to restore it properly from the ground up as a mechanical and generally fit car in every aspect. I was given the opinion of swaping g15a in it but i still wanna go with a newer generation engine. I want to know the technical issues with this swap and can we do it?
These are the points i need to know
1. Will the chassis require a major alteration or will it be a bolt swap ?
2. Other changes required to do this project like suspension, brakes etc.
3. Whats the weight difference of PKDM swift chassis and khyber, and what will be power to weight ratio ?
4. Approx funds required for a complete A-Z project which includes replacement of all parts, denting, bringing body to scrapped bare metal position and then getting it bake painted. Also tell cost of simple engine swap.
5. Fuel avg to be expected as it will be my daily ride.
Expert opinion needed.