Paid a long overdue visit to the Sacred Site Of Vehicle Rebuilds (City Sadar Road), today.
There've been a couple of things I've been working upon. The first, doesn't really pertain to the Phantom, at all. In fact, it pertains to the FZJ79 I own. Well...after having seen that the pickup made a GREAT berth for Shayaan's ATV (during the IJC Muddy River Bash), I decided that we should house it there, and make a set of ramps for mounting and dismounting the bike. This task was given to Jamil Ustaad - the same fabricator who built the Phantom - and I must say, the end product is absolutely wonderful! It's robust, sturdy, saves on space, and can also double as a treadway of sorts for much larger vehicles if they have to cross swampy/marshy terrain. Another positive development has been getting the FZJ's winch to work properly.
Finally - on the FZJ score - I've decided to craft a vinyl top for the beast. Insha Allah, within a couple of weeks, when I'm done with the FZJ79's top, I hope to be able to share pictures of the standards of craftsmanship I am expecting. The top is going to be a very elaborate one...built in two pieces, which won't disturb the fine lines of the pickup and its roll-cage. At the same time, it'll be airtight, waterproof, and yet, have the option of allowing four gunners to take up firing positions in the cargo bay (yes...hunting season is just round the corner!), through the roof. Interesting thing, this promises to be.
On the Phantom's front, I'm super pleased with the way things are shaping up. The dashboard has received the treatment, and all the gauges/switches are working perfectly. Through some nifty hidden wiring, the winch now has the option of being operated via a remote, or from a switch located within the cabin itself. All the sending units have been nicely done. The instrument cluster has received a set of LED lights, which make the cluster nice and bright. The cabin has received a pair of LED lights, as well, and will be thoroughly well-lit for those dark nights on the road. We've also changed the key switch for that of a BJ (Diesel), and now, the key has the all-important "glow-plug" position for the 1HZ diesel engine. As does the dash panel light.
And on the subject of lighting, I was lucky to get some absolutely stunning IPF lights for the Phantom (4 of 'em). We've fabricated a rather nice mount for them to be affixed at the height of the windscreen frame (along the top edge). Another "fix" that should be supremely practical, efficient, and aesthetically good looking.
Yeah, guys...I know. All of this talk is useless without pictures. Photos...or it didn't happen!
Soon. Very soon.
And congratulations to everyone on making the T20 Semi Finals!