I am facing the same issue. Out of the blue i got the "Check Hybrid System" message along with the check engine light and master warning light.
There was no prior warning and the errors are not going away.
it's throwing P2111 and POAOF error codes.
How it happens is like this.
1. Start the car. Above warnings come up.
2. Engine Starts, Responds to throttle and car runs without any discernible issue.
3. When the battery charge is sufficient it switches to the EV mode
and the master warning light starts blinking along with a beep.
4. After that when the battery drops to below sufficient levels or
when i press on the accelerator(even if i press it all the way), the
engine does not kickback to life.
5. So I turn off the car.
6. When i turn it back on the, engine kicks in to life and the same cycle happens (2-5)