I just followed the basic rules of 2 stroke engine rebuilding.
an excerpt of my own build notes I found in my old build books
the sketch of the ports is unevenly balanced and one transfer port has aluminium ridging to it,
*All ports lined correctly in original staggered fashion - stagger of 2 mm piston travel
exhaust port bottom not fully exposed, and lead transfer ports in barrel to case mismatch
*ports correctly matched to case and thicker gasket installed to raise barrel, barrel skimmed on top to get squish to 0.7mm (maesured with 1mm thick solder wire)
the cases were joined with threebond 1107 (cost me Rs 980) at that time for the tube.
redid the crank like so
ground individual crankwheels on a car crank grinding machine to perfect roundness - mounted the rod in the wheels with loctite bearing fit compound and balanced within 1 minute before drying time using the same lathe and dial gauge. (was worth every paisa spent - Rs 1000 for the crank finishing)
installed the crank with a puller I made myself with 2 flat plates, 3 sleeve bolts and nuts.
hand finished the oiling ports in the main bearing bosses - so they can actually get oil fed.
All engine screws used were 12.9 grade allen screws - the result was absolutely beautiful in my opinion
old memories brought a smile to my face. lol