1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota 4K Engine modification

Salam guys. Just a have a few question's to ask.

I've been thinking of buying a 80 or 82 toyota corolla and some of the pre planned mods are spinning in my head about performance upgrade.

So far so bad I've though of installing these parts on a KE70 to produce some HP. But the real question is how much will it gain?

Also I'm open to any suggestions.

Gonna spend 40K so will these specs gonna do the trick or should i do any thing else?

1.MSD coil and heavy duty spark plug wires.
    2.Quad throttle Heavy Bike Carburetor. ( I.e: Suzuki Bandit carburetor. )
    3.Nissan Petrol Fuel pump.
    4.4k Engine Lifter Valve shims
    5.Port polish and skimmed head.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Dongskie View Post
    We had no access to Dynos back in those days, but yes it was more powerful at higher RPMs and was Exhilarating to drive.
    See there guys. That's what i wanted to hear. Exhilarating to drive & powerful. Who needs engine swap when you can have fun with the original (If you are on low budget like i am ). Thanks @Dongskie

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by drftking247 View Post
    See there guys. That's what i wanted to hear. Exhilarating to drive & powerful. Who needs engine swap when you can have fun with the original (If you are on low budget like i am ). Thanks @Dongskie
    The mods mentioned in this thread are, in no way inexpensive. You'll be left paying twice or even thrice of what you could have spent on a swap.

Furthermore, it's very tough finding people who can do such precision work. If you do find them, they would charge a lot more for their services than your local mechanic.

The best possible way, for you right now is to get a 3S-FE, shove it in and enjoy shredding the tyres!

As @Dongskie said

You'll spend a lot, and mod it a lot to get the best out of it, and yet the best out of a 4K is just the base power of modern engines.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by supraman2jz View Post
    The mods mentioned in this thread are, in no way inexpensive. You'll be left paying twice or even thrice of what you could have spent on a swap.

Furthermore, it's very tough finding people who can do such precision work. If you do find them, they would charge a lot more for their services than your local mechanic.

The best possible way, for you right now is to get a 3S-FE, shove it in and enjoy shredding the tyres!

As @Dongskie said
    It's true.

I am in a way encouraging @drftking247 's desire to mod his engine because in a way it is a learning process. In fact it will be a good lesson for him, be it may expensive or laborious, but in the end his satisfaction will be met by his efforts.

My life's lesson with engines is that, quote: there is no better feeling of satisfaction and confidence with the engine you rebuild/modify and tune with your own hands.

Going back to your 4K, I was once told that engines have reciprocating parts, and every piece of it holds an amount of rotating mass, once you lessen that rotating mass you get speed and acceleration but you sacrifice torque, that is when you weigh your options.
    Scientia Maxime Cuum Virtute '92

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by supraman2jz View Post

As @Dongskie said
    Dude many people suggested 3sfe! 3sfe sweet aluminum block engine, sweet power but will it be done in 40,000Rs? No because the engine it self is 75,000Rs. And don't worry about the local mechanic. I once had G13b twin cam engine. And i know how to fix it. If i know how to fix a G13b then i can fix/modify any engine. 4K is medium because i will be new to it. Already have Service repair manual of 4k-c engine (Gonna read later) so the part of installing and modding will be easy and cheap for me. All i have to do is just buy parts and then boom back home working on the future baby.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Dongskie View Post
    It's true.

I am in a way encouraging @drftking247 's desire to mod his engine because in a way it is a learning process. In fact it will be a good lesson for him, be it may expensive or laborious, but in the end his satisfaction will be met by his efforts.

My life's lesson with engines is that, quote: there is no better feeling of satisfaction and confidence with the engine you rebuild/modify and tune with your own hands.

Going back to your 4K, I was once told that engines have reciprocating parts, and every piece of it holds an amount of rotating mass, once you lessen that rotating mass you get speed and acceleration but you sacrifice torque, that is when you weigh your options.

tears in my eyes. True the satisfaction of building something with your hands is the greatest feeling ever. I know Lots of guys must be thinking that "What is this guy thinking? Modding a 4k would be hard for him! He should swap any engine" But for me guys the truth is i don't follow trends. I like doing things different. 3sfe,4eft,5efhe,1jz,2jz,d15,d16,b16,etc etc. Have seen them in dozen of cars. Modding a 4k will be like respect to the nostalgic jap car. Oh also i would like to thank you all for the help and comments and likes.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I might sound digging an old thread but just curious to know what actually happened to your dream project? I like your ideas and want to try some on my 4K

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List