Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default It's Vezel time, AlhamdoLillah.

Presenting " HAWKZEL "
    Salam fellow PW's, Bought Honda Vezel Hybrid few days back. Landing in lahore in January InshAllah . Upgraded from 9th gen civic. Obviously, had to do a lot a of survey and research before finally being convinced that it was the best option to go for in 3-3.5 Million range category . Pics are from the auction house. Any questions regarding the car, feel free to ask. Main specs are :
    Honda Vezel Hybrid 2014 Base Model1.5 L Honda Earth Dreams Technology
    Sports Hybrid 7-Speed Intelligent Dual Clutch Transmission (I-DCT) with Paddle shifters
    Push start, Multimedia leather steering, Cruise control
    Touch panel climate control 6 Airbags
    Honda Magic seats
    Original Navi with USB and HDMI inputs
    Rear LED lights ( X and Z trims have front LED lights as well )
    Leather Interior
    Honda smart key entry system Immobilizer
    Auto Brake Hold, Electronic Park Hold, Vehicle Stability Assist, Reactive Force Pedal and Sports Mode options
    Total Horsepower 152 (engine + Motor) , Vehicle weight only 1270 Kg so great weight to power ratio
    Its 5A grade , 7200km driven, 2014 manufacturedIts VEZEL time !!!  AlhamdoLillah -1511805Its VEZEL time !!!  AlhamdoLillah -1511806Its VEZEL time !!!  AlhamdoLillah -1511807The Buildup - Page 1-16
    Arrival - Page 17 onward
    Exterior Detailed Shots - Page 17,37
    Interior Detailed Shots - Page 19
    Engine - Page 20
    Personal review - Page 22 (also available on PW blogs)
    DETAILED - page 23/24
    The Motorway Experience - Page 26,36
    City Mileage figures - Part 1 ( page 28 ) Part 2 ( page 31 ) Part 3 (page 63)
    Dr Zac's Theory of Resale Economic Relativity - Page 29 (also available on PW blogs)
    Sealed and Waxed !! - Page 35
    Consultation/Import - Page 36 (Post 719)
    Trip to Murree Hills - Page 39
    Engine Oil Recommendations - Page 50 (Post 981)
    Maintenance Schedule - Page 59 (Post 1175)
    Vezel in AJK (courtesy Mr. Mian Saeed) - Page 82,83
    Hawkzel Detailed Again - page 102
    Jp Rides Access - Transparency, Quality, Value for money (www.facebook.com/jpridesaccess)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Can anyone tell me how to use its cruise control. I tried to press the cruise button n it displays cruise main but it cannot hold speed. Please help me about it. Thanks in absence.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Nice explanation khurram26. I totally agree with you.
    VGate ELM327, Launch Creader 6+ / 7+ / 8, X431 V, VDM, Autel DS708 / MD802, Honda HDS, Toyota IT2, Digiprog 3 Odometer reverser. Anyone needs help or guidance on these, please PM.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aqgardezi View Post
    Can anyone tell me how to use its cruise control. I tried to press the cruise button n it displays cruise main but it cannot hold speed. Please help me about it. Thanks in absence.
    After cruise main is on just press the minus button once and it's activated
    Jp Rides Access - Transparency, Quality, Value for money (www.facebook.com/jpridesaccess)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by drzac View Post
    Here you go .. My detailing stuff and traction control indicator .. for TC you need to press the button for 2 seconds and then it ll turn on ..

Its Vezel time!  AlhamdoLillah -1537457Its Vezel time!  AlhamdoLillah -1537458
    thanks doc i just wasnt pressing it long enough ...can you name your detailing stuff it isnt readable ..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the only drl's i can find for the x trim are these and they are kinda expensive...Honda Vezel 2014 Daytime Running Light DRL LED Day Lights | eBay

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by usmanmalik666 View Post
    the only drl's i can find for the x trim are these and they are kinda expensive...Honda Vezel 2014 Daytime Running Light DRL LED Day Lights | eBay
    Search for DRL strips .. Detailing stuff includes wash mitt+Maguires shampoo+Maguires microfiber drying towels (for wash), maguires black wax, maguires no.26 wax, spray sealent (for exterior), Chemical Guys interior and leather cleaner, Tyre gel with brush and pad, and odour neutralizer and scent ..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dr Zac’s Theory of Resale Economic Relativity!!

Time and again, many discussions about which cars to own in Pakistan come to a deadlock at one statement by certain people “ RESALE “ … a term which refers to the ability of a product to hold up to its original maximum price at the time of selling in used condition. Resale school of thought argues one must stay away from JDM’s as they depreciate almost twice than PKDM’s at the time of selling. However, I for one believe that the equation is not as simple as this; you just cannot judge the outcome of VALUE LOSS purely on this single factor. Yes, without doubt, money is hard earned for salaried class like us and to perhaps majority and no one would want to bear unreasonable monetary losses over their vehicle, yet one would want ultimate satisfaction and maximum value for the money he/she spends of this hard earned income.
    Now, let’s analyze certain other factors which one looks for when going for a vehicle. To some, these factors matter more than others, yet no one can deny their presence and importance. I would list these factors as follows;

1. Manufacturing Quality
    2. Technology/Features
    3. Fuel savings
    4. Value for money

Now, I for one am the one who sold his so called RESALE MARKET car (Civic 9th gen PKDM), and switched to JDM Hybrid (Vezel 2014 Hybrid) with all my savings so needless to say that VALUE LOSS does matter to me.. But as I said earlier, according to me and in my humble opinion, resale alone cannot be an accurate predictor of a car's true value. So I analyzed everything in detail and listed the factors and came out with an equation which I’ve named Theory of Resale Economic Relativity. Here are the factors followed by equation:
    Each Factor is marked from 0-5 …

Equation V = R + F

Value (of vehicle) = Resale + Related factors

Grading of factors based on these:
    Resale (5 minimum monetary depreciation, 4 solid market car, 3 reasonable resale, 2 Will incur significant loss, 1 Huge resale loss, 0 almost impossible to sell)
    Availability of Parts (5 available everywhere in various qualities, 4 very good availability, 3 availability in larger cities, 2 have to search real hard, 1 might have to import, 0 even difficult to find globally)
    Manufacturing Quality (5 Excellent top notch world class, 4 Only the best in the world beats it, 3 good quality but can be improved, 2 below average, 1 poor, 0 pathetic)
    Features/Technology (5 Latest tech and most advanced features on planet earth, 4 top tier stuff, 3 relatively latest, 2 could be updated, 1 boring and old, 0 stone age)
    Fuel Benefits (5 Maximum possible fuel savings at the moment, 4 excellent fuel economy, 3 decent economy, 2 heavy on fuel, 1 drinking fuel, 0 needs a petrol pump to run it)
    Value for money (5 excellent, 4 great, 3 divided opinion, 2 bad, 1 poor, 0 never go for it)

I put civic 9th gen PKDM and Vezel Hybrid 2014 through it and results were very interesting …

Civic 9th gen PKDM
    Resale 4
    Availability of parts 5
    Manufacturing quality 3
    Features/Technology 3
    Fuel benefits 2
    Value for Money 3
    Total score 20

Vezel 2014 Hybrid
    Resale 3
    Availability of parts 1
    Manufacturing quality 4
    Features/Technology 4
    Fuel Benefits 5
    Value for money 4
    Total score 21

Of course it’s just something I’ve come up with personally and not based on any scientific formula but based on major factors in our market, yet at the same time I think they have a global appeal as well and might be able to use this equation universally... Some of you might like it; others might disapprove but I’ll be using this equation for my future buys as well InshAllah

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lets not forget safety! The Vezel will be miles better than the PKDM Civic, and at the end of the day that's what matters the most!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MoinIqbal View Post
    Lets not forget safety! The Vezel will be miles better than the PKDM Civic, and at the end of the day that's what matters the most!
    Yes that would be included in features/technology

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes that would be included in features/technology
    Safety should be #1 when buying a car instead of resale.
    If you remember a survey PW did asking people what they looked for in a car; Styling was #1 while Safety was some #3 or 4.
    This mentality needs to change. It will be the only way to kill of cars like the Mehran!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Safety should be #1 when buying a car instead of resale.
    If you remember a survey PW did asking people what they looked for in a car; Styling was #1 while Safety was some #3 or 4.
    This mentality needs to change. It will be the only way to kill of cars like the Mehran!
    I wish mentality change as well .. and doing my bit to convince with reasons and logic as per my ability ..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I wish mentality change as well .. and doing my bit to convince with reasons and logic as per my ability ..
    And you're doing a great job!
    Any plans to do a Vezel review like '4 months later' or the sort?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

And you're doing a great job!
    Any plans to do a Vezel review like '4 months later' or the sort?
    Thanks a lot janab, well sure why not, inshAllah will keep updating about vezel unbiased as long as she's with me

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dr Zac?s Theory of Resale Economic Relativity!!

Time and again, many discussions about which cars to own in Pakistan come to a deadlock at one statement by certain people ? RESALE ? ? a term which refers to the ability of a product to hold up to its original maximum price at the time of selling in used condition. Resale school of thought argues one must stay away from JDM?s as they depreciate almost twice than PKDM?s at the time of selling. However, I for one believe that the equation is not as simple as this; you just cannot judge the outcome of VALUE LOSS purely on this single factor. Yes, without doubt, money is hard earned for salaried class like us and to perhaps majority and no one would want to bear unreasonable monetary losses over their vehicle, yet one would want ultimate satisfaction and maximum value for the money he/she spends of this hard earned income.
    Now, let?s analyze certain other factors which one looks for when going for a vehicle. To some, these factors matter more than others, yet no one can deny their presence and importance. I would list these factors as follows;

1. Manufacturing Quality
    2. Technology/Features
    3. Fuel savings
    4. Value for money

Now, I for one am the one who sold his so called RESALE MARKET car (Civic 9th gen PKDM), and switched to JDM Hybrid (Vezel 2014 Hybrid) with all my savings so needless to say that VALUE LOSS does matter to me.. But as I said earlier, according to me and in my humble opinion, resale alone cannot be an accurate predictor of a car's true value. So I analyzed everything in detail and listed the factors and came out with an equation which I?ve named Theory of Resale Economic Relativity. Here are the factors followed by equation:
    Each Factor is marked from 0-5 ?

Equation V = R + F

Value (of vehicle) = Resale + Related factors

Grading of factors based on these:
    Resale (5 minimum monetary depreciation, 4 solid market car, 3 reasonable resale, 2 Will incur significant loss, 1 Huge resale loss, 0 almost impossible to sell)
    Availability of Parts (5 available everywhere in various qualities, 4 very good availability, 3 availability in larger cities, 2 have to search real hard, 1 might have to import, 0 even difficult to find globally)
    Manufacturing Quality (5 Excellent top notch world class, 4 Only the best in the world beats it, 3 good quality but can be improved, 2 below average, 1 poor, 0 pathetic)
    Features/Technology (5 Latest tech and most advanced features on planet earth, 4 top tier stuff, 3 relatively latest, 2 could be updated, 1 boring and old, 0 stone age)
    Fuel Benefits (5 Maximum possible fuel savings at the moment, 4 excellent fuel economy, 3 decent economy, 2 heavy on fuel, 1 drinking fuel, 0 needs a petrol pump to run it)
    Value for money (5 excellent, 4 great, 3 divided opinion, 2 bad, 1 poor, 0 never go for it)

I put civic 9th gen PKDM and Vezel Hybrid 2014 through it and results were very interesting ?

Civic 9th gen PKDM
    Resale 4
    Availability of parts 5
    Manufacturing quality 3
    Features/Technology 3
    Fuel benefits 2
    Value for Money 3
    Total score 20

Vezel 2014 Hybrid
    Resale 3
    Availability of parts 1
    Manufacturing quality 4
    Features/Technology 4
    Fuel Benefits 5
    Value for money 4
    Total score 21

Of course it?s just something I?ve come up with personally and not based on any scientific formula but based on major factors in our market, yet at the same time I think they have a global appeal as well and might be able to use this equation universally... Some of you might like it; others might disapprove but I?ll be using this equation for my future buys as well InshAllah
    V good review. It gonna help ppl alot in deciding their new purchase. Appreciate ur efforts.

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

amazing doc :::thx for ur efforts

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sorry for being such a noob but im still unable to turn on the ctba... Turned it on from the cluster settings as well but still no joy

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nousher101 View Post
    V good review. It gonna help ppl alot in deciding their new purchase. Appreciate ur efforts.

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Thanks a lot

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SavvyA View Post
    amazing doc :::thx for ur efforts
    You re welcome janab .. doing what i can

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by usmanmalik666 View Post
    Sorry for being such a noob but im still unable to turn on the ctba... Turned it on from the cluster settings as well but still no joy
    please consult the manual ... there's an english version available online for free download ..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hawkzel at Total, scheme 3, RWP last week

Its Vezel time!  AlhamdoLillah -1537837

+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 125 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast

User Tag List