Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default It's Vezel time, AlhamdoLillah.

Presenting " HAWKZEL "
    Salam fellow PW's, Bought Honda Vezel Hybrid few days back. Landing in lahore in January InshAllah . Upgraded from 9th gen civic. Obviously, had to do a lot a of survey and research before finally being convinced that it was the best option to go for in 3-3.5 Million range category . Pics are from the auction house. Any questions regarding the car, feel free to ask. Main specs are :
    Honda Vezel Hybrid 2014 Base Model1.5 L Honda Earth Dreams Technology
    Sports Hybrid 7-Speed Intelligent Dual Clutch Transmission (I-DCT) with Paddle shifters
    Push start, Multimedia leather steering, Cruise control
    Touch panel climate control 6 Airbags
    Honda Magic seats
    Original Navi with USB and HDMI inputs
    Rear LED lights ( X and Z trims have front LED lights as well )
    Leather Interior
    Honda smart key entry system Immobilizer
    Auto Brake Hold, Electronic Park Hold, Vehicle Stability Assist, Reactive Force Pedal and Sports Mode options
    Total Horsepower 152 (engine + Motor) , Vehicle weight only 1270 Kg so great weight to power ratio
    Its 5A grade , 7200km driven, 2014 manufacturedIts VEZEL time !!!  AlhamdoLillah -1511805Its VEZEL time !!!  AlhamdoLillah -1511806Its VEZEL time !!!  AlhamdoLillah -1511807The Buildup - Page 1-16
    Arrival - Page 17 onward
    Exterior Detailed Shots - Page 17,37
    Interior Detailed Shots - Page 19
    Engine - Page 20
    Personal review - Page 22 (also available on PW blogs)
    DETAILED - page 23/24
    The Motorway Experience - Page 26,36
    City Mileage figures - Part 1 ( page 28 ) Part 2 ( page 31 ) Part 3 (page 63)
    Dr Zac's Theory of Resale Economic Relativity - Page 29 (also available on PW blogs)
    Sealed and Waxed !! - Page 35
    Consultation/Import - Page 36 (Post 719)
    Trip to Murree Hills - Page 39
    Engine Oil Recommendations - Page 50 (Post 981)
    Maintenance Schedule - Page 59 (Post 1175)
    Vezel in AJK (courtesy Mr. Mian Saeed) - Page 82,83
    Hawkzel Detailed Again - page 102
    Jp Rides Access - Transparency, Quality, Value for money (www.facebook.com/jpridesaccess)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by arzaam.bhatti View Post
    Btw just a thought not a comparison or anything what do you guys think of a Vigo Champ in this price bracket you can get a brand new one for a little more or close to new one and it gives a proper Suv utility and presence than a crossover(I know two different categories so not fair to compare) but if a person wants a suv woundnt they want something really big that fulfils that purpose or if they don't want a big car they could just have any regular Japanese or German saloon rather than a cross over which offers most of the time less space as based on smaller platforms than a proper saloon and same amount of practicality

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone 6Plus using PW Forums
    You have a point. But, some things I'd like to mention that made us leave vigo and go for Vezel.
    Vigo has a 2500cc gas guzzler that returns horrible fuel economy. Oil changes in that thing are costly. It's all old technology, one spending 3.7mil (for the auto version) still gets no shashka features what so ever. The taxes on that thing are just horrible, as it falls in the >2000cc category. No hybrid technology (i just love the concept of the hybrid system, and the ev mode for me is better than having 4wd).
    Simple families living in posh areas of these major cities, they won't ever be taking their car off-road. And for city drive vezel wins in almost all aspects, except for cargo space. But then again it's not meant to be used as a factory hauler, all it'll be doing is carry at most 4 people and a couple of their hand carrys on motorways.
    So it seems a much better option.
    But of course for people seeking adventure and those who travel to rural areas and stuff, vigo Is definitely their vehicle of choice, that is why we see so many of then on the roads

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

3-3.5 Million. Lexus CT200h is a nice option. Not saying this one is bad, but lexus is lexus.

And congratulations for the purchase. Drive safe.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Respect your opinion bro, but I've driven ct200h. It's got very hard suspension and drive is heavy as it's very much underpowered. Prius engine in a much heavier chassis explains that. Not to mention, it's awful road clearance for our driving conditions. Sometimes, the badge isn't enough
    Jp Rides Access - Transparency, Quality, Value for money (www.facebook.com/jpridesaccess)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AABBDDuullaahh View Post
    You have a point. But, some things I'd like to mention that made us leave vigo and go for Vezel.
    Vigo has a 2500cc gas guzzler that returns horrible fuel economy. Oil changes in that thing are costly. It's all old technology, one spending 3.7mil (for the auto version) still gets no shashka features what so ever. The taxes on that thing are just horrible, as it falls in the >2000cc category. No hybrid technology (i just love the concept of the hybrid system, and the ev mode for me is better than having 4wd).
    Simple families living in posh areas of these major cities, they won't ever be taking their car off-road. And for city drive vezel wins in almost all aspects, except for cargo space. But then again it's not meant to be used as a factory hauler, all it'll be doing is carry at most 4 people and a couple of their hand carrys on motorways.
    So it seems a much better option.
    But of course for people seeking adventure and those who travel to rural areas and stuff, vigo Is definitely their vehicle of choice, that is why we see so many of then on the roads
    true, though i would think if one can afford a 3.0 million car they can afford petrol and oil changes though hybrid does definitely have a attraction in terms of being the latest technology compared to a decade old 4spd gearbox. though i would think you are right most families dont go offroad and will not need such a large car so why not a saloon then compared to a crossover(any crossover talking generally). Vezel i think is getting popular because its being seen as a fashion statement certainly its a pretty and modern car and i know people who are buying it in defence just because their neighbour has one. right now its very socially "in" at the moment. just hope resale value or attractiveness of the car does not plummet when eventually it will be outdated. though seeing amount of vessels on the road that shouldn't happen any time soon. otherwise i think crossover deign is pretty flawed and a compromise as then the car is best at no particular thing but covers everything generally. like a mediocre student in all subjets and excelling at nothing. thats why i think we dont see many BMW x1s, MB GLAs, even harrier did not get that popular despite being a biggish crossover etc as people just go for saloons like a4/a3 in the same price class.

my 2 cents.
    If everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@arzaam.bhatti .. in this price range, 2014/15 model, there is prius touring, Premio, Allion, Grace hybrid, ct200h sedans/saloons. I highly doubt any of these surpasses vezel in any way. If I missed any other good latest option kindly mention.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

though no denying hawkzel was the first of the breed of vezels in Pakistan and just might changed the whole crossover segment. lets see what the international market thinks of the HRV this year.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

A3 and A4 both over 3.7 and 4.5 million category

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

And about mediocre student thing, bro I think you're taking crossover category too casually. In no way it's a lesser design category than sedans.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hrv is 1.8 L gasoline ivtec with quite a few differences than vezel. Japanese always keep the best version for their own market

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by drzac View Post
    @arzaam.bhatti .. in this price range, 2014/15 model, there is prius touring, Premio, Allion, Grace hybrid, ct200h sedans/saloons. I highly doubt any of these surpasses vezel in any way. If I missed any other good latest option kindly mention.
    hmm if you look at it that way then in S grade only vezel seems to be a good choice i would agree. i was more looking at BMW 3 or MB c class leaving plenty of spare cash to make them as good as new if maintenance has been mixed, or 5 series or E which are a class apart both in status and the car luxury and drive itself.

though if you are talking japanese cars i personally owned twice 2007 facelift honda accord thai models and compared to vezel they were way spacious in leg and shoulder room and 2.4 engines were powerful enough though i dont think there would be much of a performance difference. these saloons seemed more comfortable and luxurious in their cabin (leather/ engine transmission smoothness bug wooden steering etc) and honda officially supported these. also owned a 2007 camry but thats not really attractive car to own by any standard.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

And about mediocre student thing, bro I think you're taking crossover category too casually. In no way it's a lesser design category than sedans.
    btw just for the sake of discussions not any argument i personally think and many reviewers also think that crossovers are bit of a compromise as they try to do everythign at once. a crossover is taller than sedan so cant have same handling characteristics and centre of gravity, even if you beef up the suspension to give it that handling you end with a bad ride quality compared to a sedan. a RWD sedan will always be more fun than a FWD crossover and being FWD it cant go offroad properly like a SUV. crossover are based on smaller platform, as vezel is based on fit it may be slightly bigger than a regular local saloon but not as big as a german saloon or a accord which are both wider and longer in wheelbase than a vezel. so thats why i think they are biota a compromise. not the best drive, not the best space and not th best offered, but a good agreeable combination but not excelling in anything, a german car excels in performance and handing and gadgets, a accord excells in comfort, you get the idea

mostly i think they are designed to be more of a city dweller fashion statement who wants something more beefy than a regular sedan and little better driving position so thats its easy to navigate in city.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir that's the whole point I've been making. Can't just compare 2007/8 models with 2015. Would it make any authentic comparison if we say 2007/8 crown is better than 2015 civic? Or 2008 s class is better than 2013 c class
    Only people with enthusiastic nature and having good financial backup would consider these cars over a new car due to higher maintenance costs.
    Majority people are salaried class with family and would only consider a true match to vezel in this price category if they are 2013 or above models which frankly there aren't at the moment. Hence, the success of Vezel rather than a fashion statement as many upper middle class going for it including me. Hope you get the idea.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir that's the whole point I've been making. Can't just compare 2007/8 models with 2015. Would it make any authentic comparison if we say 2007/8 crown is better than 2015 civic? Or 2008 s class is better than 2013 c class
    Only people with enthusiastic nature and having good financial backup would consider these cars over a new car due to higher maintenance costs.
    Majority people are salaried class with family and would only consider a true match to vezel in this price category if they are 2013 or above models which frankly there aren't at the moment. Hence, the success of Vezel rather than a fashion statement as many upper middle class going for it including me. Hope you get the idea.
    okay ill agree to this summary too, in 2013/14 jdm imports vezel is a best and sound investment for people who want a fuss free ride thats desirable. though you can get more car and more luxury for the money not everyone whats the "dardesary" to maintain it.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I totally respect your opinion about crossover design category but to say not the best drive, best space and best trunk space, I would urge you to compare any modern sedan in this price category to match up to vezel in all these departments including the drive.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I totally respect your opinion about crossover design category but to say not the best drive, best space and best trunk space, I would urge you to compare any modern sedan in this price category to match up to vezel including the drive.
    if you must confine to modern 2013/14 sedan than yeah ct200h premio etc cant match, in my mind in was adding all options in 2.0-3.0 million category leaving some spare cash for mainteince costs but in new cars than yes vezel seems better than all.
    its just that i just bought a 2015 corolla as a additional daily driver and it has so many faults and headaches at the dealership that i dont want any "brand new" car again, i know vezel is jdm so it wont face the troubles our locals car face but german cars so far have personally given me the best ownership experience.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes, poor build quality is what made me switch from 9th gen civic to vezel as well. And agreed, Germans are at next level no doubt, albeit at a fair cost

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think new Toyota Grande is much better choice in comfort, space,design,spares, sunroof,
    warranty, ground clearence, resale & almost 1 million price difference.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@zwk641 .. Respect your opinion bro

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by zwk641 View Post
    I think new Toyota Grande is much better choice in comfort, space,design,spares, sunroof,
    warranty, ground clearence, resale & almost 1 million price difference.
    well heres the story of mine, winshield washer fluid dipstick missing, chinese toyota oil filter, one broken clip of trunk lining, a hole somewhere in the car causing two lizards to enter a brand new car. i even had more serious issues like tyres pumped upto 55psi and 40psi form factory and when tires pressures were levelled the left side of the car started sagging by 20mm. right shock had rust on it paint quality was not that good as i would expect and various other niggles such as windows rattling while closing door. though in space and almost in ground clearance the way they have jacked it up its close but cant compare to vezel and the price difference speaks for itself. although i have owned two generations of civics and three gernealtions of corolla all had one or two niggles but this time its too much. vezel is a jump up in desirability and quality for a average middle class man no?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I never heard so much problems in 1 car, with so many problems you can sue Indus Motors, Toyota international can take action even Print & Electronic Media can take Notice.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 125 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast

User Tag List