Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 121
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Honda Vezel Power system error

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    salmankhan786's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    22
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Honda Vezel Power system error

    <<SOLVED see page 6>>
    Hi

    I have Honda HRV / Vezel (Japenese assembled), while driving car suddenly stopped and showed multiple errors like

    Power System
    Inclining error
    and gear indicator is blinking with all P,L,R,N and D blinking same time.

    I tried removing battery terminal for 20 minutes and plug it back, but results are same.

    One more thing i noticed that when I power off car, it powers off for few seconds and turn back to power on but still error persisit.

    Can any one suggest whats wrong with it?
    Attached Images Attached Images     

  2. #41
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dayrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,909
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    2
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arzaam.bhatti View Post
    both these issues can be fixed by money as parts are available, its another matter of warranty or quality, but in JDM or in vezel case the car is scrap because of a issue as no parts or diagnosis, tell the op to find a engine wiring loom and see what happens, and the dealership like honda or toyota doesnt exist for JDMS so no support whatsoever, so even if you wanted to fix a issue with money you cant.



    just pointing out a fact, lets not get into this argument of jdm v local but hopefully wait for the OP to respond and give us a update on his problem, biggest problem with most technical thread on pakwheels is that they never update back so that we can also learn if our diagnosis was correct or not.
    Just a simple question, the problem with the dripping water, how do you suggest to fix that? All seals are in place, and there Is a sort of deformity in the body.

    As for parts related to these jdms is concerned, in this day and age, one can ring up dealerships in dubai to ship you parts, won't even take a week to arrive. And this is usually the same amount of time Toyota or Honda takes to get parts that aren't ordinarily required.

    The rest as you say is history, been discussed so many times on so many levels, no point bringing them up again

  3. #42
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fawadakbarkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    100
    Posts
    6,218
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dayrider View Post
    Based on this logic, one shouldn't buy cars, because my friend bought a reborn in 2008/2009 and that car had a leaky interior, rain would come into the car. Honda said they can't do anything about it. Fyi that was a brand-New car, first owner.

    Another one bought a corolla(zero meter), after a few days he discovered that the car had damaged lights and bonnet, Toyota refused to change because they said that you should have pointed this out before taking delivery.

    Point being, one doesn't discard an entire basket of Apples if only one is rotten.
    Khuda ka khof karen yaar... how the F is it possible, honda atlas denied responsibility of a brand NEW civic under warranty? I mean, in 2010 I even got the height adjuster knob replaced from honda center under warranty just because it squeaked a lot upon usage. I simply can not digest the fact you just mentioned.

    And yes, toyota was right, all this has to be inspected pre delivery, they can not accept damaged parts and lights after the car has left their premises. Only faults and mechanical failures are to be addressed under warranty not damaged parts. It was a mistake on your friends part.
    Agar chy bu'tt' hain Jama'at ki Aasteenon main - Mujhay Hai Hukm-e-Aazaan LA ILA HA ILL ALLAH...!

  4. #43
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dayrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,909
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    2
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RollOnBigMaMa View Post
    Khuda ka khof karen yaar... how the F is it possible, honda atlas denied responsibility of a brand NEW civic under warranty? I mean, in 2010 I even got the height adjuster knob replaced from honda center under warranty just because it squeaked a lot upon usage. I simply can not digest the fact you just mentioned.

    And yes, toyota was right, all this has to be inspected pre delivery, they can not accept damaged parts and lights after the car has left their premises. Only faults and mechanical failures are to be addressed under warranty not damaged parts. It was a mistake on your friends part.
    So basically, upon buying a "new car" one is supposed to inspect it before taking it home. What's the point of a new car if you have to take a professional along to check the car for damages. And the fellow went back to Toyota on the second day, the next day after taking delivery.

    As for Honda, they have good customer service but yes this has happened. No point denying it, replaceable parts are different but replacing a car is different. They don't do that.

    It's upto you if you wish to believe it or not, I just shared an experience.

  5. #44
    PakWheeler Follow
    AABBDDuullaahh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    20
    Posts
    374
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dayrider View Post
    So basically, upon buying a "new car" one is supposed to inspect it before taking it home. What's the point of a new car if you have to take a professional along to check the car for damages. And the fellow went back to Toyota on the second day, the next day after taking delivery.

    As for Honda, they have good customer service but yes this has happened. No point denying it, replaceable parts are different but replacing a car is different. They don't do that.

    It's upto you if you wish to believe it or not, I just shared an experience.
    Very well written sir. I don't see a reason for people posting against jdm. If a few cars fail in one way or another does that mean you stay away from quality just because some guy had some sort of a failure in their car.
    And in the case of OP, who says the car is useless, or scrap. One must be mental to say that. It's a car for heaven sake, not a nuclear fission plant that can't be opened and inspected.
    There is a procedure how these things work. You understand the problem, write possible causes and try correcting then one by one. All you need is a mechanic and some time.
    We bought a vezel because me and my father both being electrical engineers, don't shy away from these things. And if good forbid any electrical issue comes we won't be afraid to tear apart the car and get it corrected.
    Atleast we'll enjoy the 3 million spent on quality car, which is a treat to look at, drive and everything. Compared to local corolla and civic. There's no use for money in the grave, is there? If one cab afford it. They should go for it. Jdm always will be a step above local.
    We had a reborn 2007 which had some ecu fault. Honda gave a bill of 210k for its replacement. Which my dad himself corrected, alhamdulillah in just 15k rs back in 2010. That car was practically useless and non sellable unless you lied about it.

  6. #45
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    arzaam.bhatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    20
    Posts
    2,469
    Follows
    6
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dayrider View Post
    Just a simple question, the problem with the dripping water, how do you suggest to fix that? All seals are in place, and there Is a sort of deformity in the body.

    As for parts related to these jdms is concerned, in this day and age, one can ring up dealerships in dubai to ship you parts, won't even take a week to arrive. And this is usually the same amount of time Toyota or Honda takes to get parts that aren't ordinarily required.

    The rest as you say is history, been discussed so many times on so many levels, no point bringing them up again
    window sealant adhesive not correctly applied, remove windshield and reinstall, or one of the drains is blocked, can easily be fixed. do you have a sure shot method for fixing the OPs problem?

    and vezel is not sold in dubai how are you going to get any parts from there? neither is Mirage, mira etc you cannot get brand new parts for them from dubai, if someone is imported parts for particular jdm cars only sold in japan then these are those cars imported in huge numbers as scrap and lying in the junkyard, and scrap parts and brand new OE parts cannot be compared. even for the cars that are available in dubai i have yet to see INH or anybody import anything out of the ordinar in dubai, for example i wanted a solenoid actuator O ring little piece of rubber for a mercedes, nobody including INH could import it form dubai, whereas shahanwaz imported it form the factory frrom germany because they are officially present here as repesentativs of mercedes unlike honda or toyota japan. the best you can order form dubai is bumpers or brake pads etc.

    just to clear any misconception as i have first hand experience of importing parts.
    If everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane!

  7. #46
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dayrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,909
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    2
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arzaam.bhatti View Post
    window sealant adhesive not correctly applied, remove windshield and reinstall, or one of the drains is blocked, can easily be fixed. do you have a sure shot method for fixing the OPs problem?

    and vezel is not sold in dubai how are you going to get any parts from there? neither is Mirage, mira etc you cannot get brand new parts for them from dubai, if someone is imported parts for particular jdm cars only sold in japan then these are those cars imported in huge numbers as scrap and lying in the junkyard, and scrap parts and brand new OE parts cannot be compared. even for the cars that are available in dubai i have yet to see INH or anybody import anything out of the ordinar in dubai, for example i wanted a solenoid actuator O ring little piece of rubber for a mercedes, nobody including INH could import it form dubai, whereas shahanwaz imported it form the factory frrom germany because they are officially present here as repesentativs of mercedes unlike honda or toyota japan. the best you can order form dubai is bumpers or brake pads etc.

    just to clear any misconception as i have first hand experience of importing parts.
    Point taken but parts are easy to import and easy to trace, so not that big of an issue anymore. And yes, if given the correct amount of time, I am certain that I can find a solution to the OP's problem

  8. #47
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    asim510's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,393
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    1
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dayrider View Post
    Point taken but parts are easy to import and easy to trace, so not that big of an issue anymore. And yes, if given the correct amount of time, I am certain that I can find a solution to the OP's problem
    Frankly I ll or 80% ,of the people will not let their 3.5m car standing at the gerage and waiting for an xyz dealor to import xyz parts for their car for an xyz period of time. Keeping xyz value of commission to that agent.

    Then need to find expert resouce who can install it. Still searching on google how to fix it incase its not working properly.

    Lets not fight on our views. Rather help OP to fix the issue and pull him out of problem.
    Before you criticize someone, Make sure you are better than them.............

  9. #48
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dayrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,909
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    2
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Yes, because 80% of the people will willing pay Toyota or Honda or shanawaz insane amounts of money while leaving their vehicles are parked at the dealership for insane amounts of time waiting for parts. And these so called authorized and trained back-up have little Kids working on cars who hardly know Jack squad.

    But yes, it's better to robbed by corporate companies then work a little and get a good job done from elsewhere. Not to mention having the perks of driving better cars.

  10. #49
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    arzaam.bhatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    20
    Posts
    2,469
    Follows
    6
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default Honda Vezel Power system error

    Doesn't happen necessarily, brand new parts prices are the exact same no matter where you buy from , the rubber plug I talked about earlier only costed 600rs from Germany and that price includes shipping charges, import duty and sales tax. So very reasonable, similar story on brake pads etc when buying from authorised representatives you are getting brand new parts and not robbing the country by not paying proper import duty and sales tax in many situations so it's morally correct as well., there's where the price different arises. Oh and maximum time for a unique part from Germany for example is 3 weeks and it's sure to be right one for the car as parts are ordered via the MB database mats checkdd against Vin number

    Not like paying advance for a unknown origin part form Dubai hoping it arrives this day or that and then finding out it was not correct or was infact used, this is in the situation if it was available in the first place as brand new part for jdm only car in Dubai is rare.


    Toyota and Honda have all parts in stock always, true dealerships aren't the last word in best mechanical repair they need much improvement but the main thing is to excecute any repair you need parts in the first place which as I have clearly outlined you can't get new ones for jdms. So there is no need to proceed further in the merit or demerit of the repair work when you can't even get the proper part for it. To execute any repair you need a new part and a service manual at least not Google.Sure it's a car not a nuclear fission material as someone pointed out but pulling a car and putting it back together is what I associate with a old Land Rover or Pajero not a modern sophisticated car. And if the issue was such that it can be fixed just by pulling it apart without knowing what's wrong in the first place and trying to put it back is just another word for doing jugaar bazi and this approach I am not a fan off. Or if the problem was that it could fixed just by fiddling around with few things then that just shows how badly engineered and quality that car is made, not at all what I would like to expensive from a 3 million or so car.


    Oh and the people working at authorised dealerships have exams and are formally trained, not like the ustasds working at workshops who have never looked at a service manual nor was trained.


    That's all I wanted to say on the topic anybody is free to disagree I would appreciate objective reasons to refute anything that I said :-)


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    If everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane!

  11. #50
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fawadakbarkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    100
    Posts
    6,218
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dayrider View Post
    So basically, upon buying a "new car" one is supposed to inspect it before taking it home. What's the point of a new car if you have to take a professional along to check the car for damages. And the fellow went back to Toyota on the second day, the next day after taking delivery.

    As for Honda, they have good customer service but yes this has happened. No point denying it, replaceable parts are different but replacing a car is different. They don't do that.

    It's upto you if you wish to believe it or not, I just shared an experience.
    Yes, of course. You pay 2.5 million Rs for something and you won't even cross check the product being delivered to you? In what world is this considered a sane statement? You have to sign a document before taking delivery that you accept the vehicle as its been shown to you and that you've closely inspected and have found it up to the mark.

    You say it should be signed before even looking at the car? ... I don't have much to say on this.

    Secondly, it's not about having firm belief in one's words, it's about the facts that are being mentioned, just like a fellow member said, how severe can be a water leak? Why was it irreparable? Replacing the whole car, why? Why didn't your friend sue them in court if they denied service to him? How can one digest a 2 million Rs brand new Honda Civic with water leaking inside the interior?

    Stuff works much differently, I am afraid. It isn't that simple, Honda denied service so the guy had to live with a car which had water leaks....
    Agar chy bu'tt' hain Jama'at ki Aasteenon main - Mujhay Hai Hukm-e-Aazaan LA ILA HA ILL ALLAH...!

  12. #51
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    fawadakbarkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    100
    Posts
    6,218
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    52 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AABBDDuullaahh View Post
    Very well written sir. I don't see a reason for people posting against jdm. If a few cars fail in one way or another does that mean you stay away from quality just because some guy had some sort of a failure in their car.
    And in the case of OP, who says the car is useless, or scrap. One must be mental to say that. It's a car for heaven sake, not a nuclear fission plant that can't be opened and inspected.
    There is a procedure how these things work. You understand the problem, write possible causes and try correcting then one by one. All you need is a mechanic and some time.
    We bought a vezel because me and my father both being electrical engineers, don't shy away from these things. And if good forbid any electrical issue comes we won't be afraid to tear apart the car and get it corrected.
    Atleast we'll enjoy the 3 million spent on quality car, which is a treat to look at, drive and everything. Compared to local corolla and civic. There's no use for money in the grave, is there? If one cab afford it. They should go for it. Jdm always will be a step above local.
    We had a reborn 2007 which had some ecu fault. Honda gave a bill of 210k for its replacement. Which my dad himself corrected, alhamdulillah in just 15k rs back in 2010. That car was practically useless and non sellable unless you lied about it.
    Are you sure if one issue is easy for you to handle just because you're an engineer, it's going to be the same for everyone? I am a doctor, what am I going to do if my vezel (so called luxury) breaks down like this? How am I going to tackle such an issue, let alone going to diagnose the piece of useless metal crap? What if the ECU in my brannnddd new 5A premio give up?

    All this happening to a local car I own, ZERO issues. Throw it to a 3S dealership and they'll fix it for a very low cost or at no cost at all under insurance and warranty. THIS is the point I am trying to make here, I am not fanboy of anything. JDM cars have cons that are far more important than the missing luxury in local cars.
    Agar chy bu'tt' hain Jama'at ki Aasteenon main - Mujhay Hai Hukm-e-Aazaan LA ILA HA ILL ALLAH...!

  13. #52
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dayrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,909
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    2
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RollOnBigMaMa View Post
    Yes, of course. You pay 2.5 million Rs for something and you won't even cross check the product being delivered to you? In what world is this considered a sane statement? You have to sign a document before taking delivery that you accept the vehicle as its been shown to you and that you've closely inspected and have found it up to the mark.

    You say it should be signed before even looking at the car? ... I don't have much to say on this.

    Secondly, it's not about having firm belief in one's words, it's about the facts that are being mentioned, just like a fellow member said, how severe can be a water leak? Why was it irreparable? Replacing the whole car, why? Why didn't your friend sue them in court if they denied service to him? How can one digest a 2 million Rs brand new Honda Civic with water leaking inside the interior?

    Stuff works much differently, I am afraid. It isn't that simple, Honda denied service so the guy had to live with a car which had water leaks....
    God knows why water leakage was irreparable for them. Take them to court, in this country? Yeah right, you loose more money and time then you get to gain. He eventually had to sell it and has never to date bought another Honda. Once bitten twice shy

  14. #53
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    dayrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,909
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    4
    Problems Solved
    2
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arzaam.bhatti View Post
    Doesn't happen necessarily, brand new parts prices are the exact same no matter where you buy from , the rubber plug I talked about earlier only costed 600rs from Germany and that price includes shipping charges, import duty and sales tax. So very reasonable, similar story on brake pads etc when buying from authorised representatives you are getting brand new parts and not robbing the country by not paying proper import duty and sales tax in many situations so it's morally correct as well., there's where the price different arises. Oh and maximum time for a unique part from Germany for example is 3 weeks and it's sure to be right one for the car as parts are ordered via the MB database mats checkdd against Vin number

    Not like paying advance for a unknown origin part form Dubai hoping it arrives this day or that and then finding out it was not correct or was infact used, this is in the situation if it was available in the first place as brand new part for jdm only car in Dubai is rare.


    Toyota and Honda have all parts in stock always, true dealerships aren't the last word in best mechanical repair they need much improvement but the main thing is to excecute any repair you need parts in the first place which as I have clearly outlined you can't get new ones for jdms. So there is no need to proceed further in the merit or demerit of the repair work when you can't even get the proper part for it. To execute any repair you need a new part and a service manual at least not Google.Sure it's a car not a nuclear fission material as someone pointed out but pulling a car and putting it back together is what I associate with a old Land Rover or Pajero not a modern sophisticated car. And if the issue was such that it can be fixed just by pulling it apart without knowing what's wrong in the first place and trying to put it back is just another word for doing jugaar bazi and this approach I am not a fan off. Or if the problem was that it could fixed just by fiddling around with few things then that just shows how badly engineered and quality that car is made, not at all what I would like to expensive from a 3 million or so car.


    Oh and the people working at authorised dealerships have exams and are formally trained, not like the ustasds working at workshops who have never looked at a service manual nor was trained.


    That's all I wanted to say on the topic anybody is free to disagree I would appreciate objective reasons to refute anything that I said :-)


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    I agree to it all but if one can afford something better and can afford the Time and effort to maintain it, why not? Why not enjoy a better quality vehicle in the same range.

    Putting all other things aside, the lack of safety precautions in our local vehicles is one of the major reasons why I try my best to stay away from them.

  15. #54
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    arzaam.bhatti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    20
    Posts
    2,469
    Follows
    6
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    2
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default Honda Vezel Power system error

    Quote Originally Posted by dayrider View Post
    I agree to it all but if one can afford something better and can afford the Time and effort to maintain it, why not? Why not enjoy a better quality vehicle in the same range.

    Putting all other things aside, the lack of safety precautions in our local vehicles is one of the major reasons why I try my best to stay away from them.
    True, I just wish proper official after sale support was there otherwise these imported cars are perfect maybe Honda will launch some after sale service with the launch of HRV so we could at least get original OEM oil filters. Similar story with Toyota premio etc as now all engine parts for 2ZR-FE are available as grande shares the same engine.


    Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    If everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane!

  16. #55
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,405
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nabeel_Ali View Post
    Don't worry about this.

    Just reset your ecu by disconnecting the battery terminals and reconnect them after 30 seconds.

    My friend also faced this kind of issue and it was resolved after reseting the ecu.

    Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

    lol - this car was built in what year?
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  17. #56
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,405
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dayrider View Post
    Based on this logic, one shouldn't buy cars, because my friend bought a reborn in 2008/2009 and that car had a leaky interior, rain would come into the car. Honda said they can't do anything about it. Fyi that was a brand-New car, first owner.

    Another one bought a corolla(zero meter), after a few days he discovered that the car had damaged lights and bonnet, Toyota refused to change because they said that you should have pointed this out before taking delivery.

    Point being, one doesn't discard an entire basket of Apples if only one is rotten.
    sounds like stories, I have personally had AHL, IMC get me 100% correct parts and full repair procedures, Either your freind is a burger type who goes with starry eyes that he is visiting a "showroom" or he does not know how to communicate.

    I have even got PS to take a cultus back.


    the point being discussed here is "availability" - not money - e.g. I can go to a bank, get a Rs 1000/- stack and throw it to the car and it wont be repaired. Such cars are good only if the owner is a full workshop himself or has access to reliable sources for this repair, just like when you buy a "gray import" laptop. The so called warranty you get is laughable.

    I have my own experience to share, I also have "special moron" freinds - one of them went out and bought a fancy laptop from the large market in Karachi, its screen malfunctioned in 4 months - and the shop keeper gave a warranty as (sarr full grantee hai - jenyan itumm hai - aank band karke lijiye)

    fast forward - he takes it in and it was mentioned that they need to send it to Dubai for warranty, and asked for shipment fee, lol. When asked for address in dubai as he could send it for free there as company cargo, their reply was its top secret. - the laptop was then used with HDMI cable on a small TV, pretty useless for a laptop if you cannot move it with you.

    the point is that - unless you have proven resources, dont beat about the bush with starry eyed claims that JDMs are super awesome.

    speaking of recalls in this thread - the recalls dont apply to Pakistan, the car needs to go back to where it came from. I have experienced this on mazda RX8s - there were updates to the ECU for tropical areas and fuel type being used - when contacted, the car needed to be at point of market or have been sold through a "mazda dealer where its registered" - Even buying their parts were a pain as you need to have the export documents first.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  18. #57
    PakWheeler Follow
    AABBDDuullaahh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    20
    Posts
    374
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RollOnBigMaMa View Post
    Are you sure if one issue is easy for you to handle just because you're an engineer, it's going to be the same for everyone? I am a doctor, what am I going to do if my vezel (so called luxury) breaks down like this? How am I going to tackle such an issue, let alone going to diagnose the piece of useless metal crap? What if the ECU in my brannnddd new 5A premio give up?

    All this happening to a local car I own, ZERO issues. Throw it to a 3S dealership and they'll fix it for a very low cost or at no cost at all under insurance and warranty. THIS is the point I am trying to make here, I am not fanboy of anything. JDM cars have cons that are far more important than the missing luxury in local cars.
    Well if people are so afraid of failing, why buy a modern car. More electronics mean more problems. And not all problems can be fixed by these local dealerships and not all fixes are cheap.
    And if you believe they can fix these local cars, why can't they fix an imported one. Don't they both use similer working principles. A combustion engine and transmission and an ecu controlling all that, A OBD port for diagnosis and the same scanner for checking fault codes, What's different??
    The only problem is with hybrids and the numbers that they're being imported in, 10 years down the line our road side mechanics will specialise in it.
    And now that toyota offers a prius they offer most of the hybrid services also...

  19. #58
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Nabeel_Ali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,509
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    lol - this car was built in what year?
    My friend's Vezel faced the same problem and it was fixed by reseting the ecu by this method.

    Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

  20. #59
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,405
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AABBDDuullaahh View Post
    Well if people are so afraid of failing, why buy a modern car. More electronics mean more problems. And not all problems can be fixed by these local dealerships and not all fixes are cheap.
    And if you believe they can fix these local cars, why can't they fix an imported one. Don't they both use similer working principles. A combustion engine and transmission and an ecu controlling all that, A OBD port for diagnosis and the same scanner for checking fault codes, What's different??
    The only problem is with hybrids and the numbers that they're being imported in, 10 years down the line our road side mechanics will specialise in it.
    And now that toyota offers a prius they offer most of the hybrid services also...
    OBD have sort of simplified car repair but there are still a lot of deeper problems that are addressed only by "brand specific tools" and first hand repair information. Its been proven time and again but people in Pakistan think of their cars like a burger - where they get to choose a shell (bun), the meat (engine) and the dressings (add ons) - rather than a whole situation.

    lets take a simple task of resetting the gearbox adaptations in a mercedes benz 5 spd automatic (its first incarnation is 20 years old now) - yet it requires a deep level scan to test and reset. It only shows up 3 or 4 codes on OBD-II protocol which themselves lead to 98 different deeper codes.

    if you say that 10 years down the road side mechanics will be able to specialize in it? who bears the cost when its only 2 years old (as you cannot import less than 3 years old car)

    I used to own a very very very bare bones simple VW Golf diesel - its electrics were 1 step above caveman level, its mechanicals were simple as aalo gosht, yet the person I bought it from could not get it repaired anywhere by any mechanic, they even could not time the engine correctly, its parts availability was zero/nill/sanaaata/sifr/goose egg in Pakistan.

    I never recommend anyone to buy it no matter if it literally was cheaper than walking - 20-22 km/lit all day long with or without A/C, rain or shine.

    For me it was easy to own as I was my own mechanic, and I used to buy its parts from outside Pakistan and had them stacked as spares
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

  21. #60
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Xulfiqar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Other
    Age
    38
    Posts
    24,405
    Follows
    131
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    4
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nabeel_Ali View Post
    My friend's Vezel faced the same problem and it was fixed by reseting the ecu by this method.

    Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    any other empirical data? e.g. what was the error?
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •