Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default IS vezel worth buying

Dear Pak Wheelers
    From the reviews that I have been reading online a number of issues have come up regarding Vezel and I wanted to know the opinion of others whether this is a car to buy or not.
    The issues are
    1. The dry lubricated DCT clutch system is giving all automakers a problem including Honda. It heats up in hot climates and the three recalls of Fit and Vezel are all related to DCT.
    2. The vehicles that were recalled were not just for software upgrade but in many cases DCT components were changed as well.
    3. The limit for cruise control is 110KM/H
    4. The suspension is hard so its not a comfortable car for city roads of Pakistan
    5. No body understands how to fix the various electronics related bugs that come up from time to time. All messages are in Japanese and our repair shops are not trained on it.
    6. It might lose a lot of value in 3 years of ownership

I personally dont own this car and have not driven it, so its all from online research. Honest input from owners is well come.

Jehanzeb

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Forget Honda Lawnmower. Buy Toyota Aqua fresh import with geniune auction sheet. You'll love it. Vezel is only shashka that's all. Almost same parts as Prius and it's getting popular day by day.
    My Brain is a Lawyer but My Heart goes for Cars!
    Hug your loved ones at home, but belt them in the car.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ccan you post some pictures of Aqua.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Vezel is only a good car for 1st world countries where they don't have idiotic roads like we do, have trained mechanics for all kinds of cars. The car is expensive in my opinion but a very nice looking interior, one of the best I've seen so far in a vehicle in its price. Having said that, it's not good for the long run. City runs are good. Oh and look out for the non existent spare wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

3.7-3.8 million is a very good amount of money and in this price range you have many other options.
    If there is not a space issue then opt for the Aqua,otherwise go for Prius.
    Vezel will devalue and is a headache.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks for the input Babaromer. Could you tell me about the suspension? is it like civic or even more stiff?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by babaromar View Post
    3.7-3.8 million is a very good amount of money and in this price range you have many other options.
    If there is not a space issue then opt for the Aqua,otherwise go for Prius.
    Vezel will devalue and is a headache.
    headache kese?

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
    Always respect your parents

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

DONT WE EXPECT A4 AND C180s TO LOSE MORE MONEY THAN VEZEL WHOSE LV BATTERIES COST NEAR WHAT A USED HYBRID BATTERY PACK COSTS ?

AND ISNT A VEZEL A BETTER PACKAGE AND OPTION THAN A 3 MILLION NON-HYBRID CIVIC

YES VEZEL PARTS R NOT THE CHEAPEST

BUT ITS A GOOD CAR

LOSING VALUE OVER TIME DOESNT MEAN ITS QUALITY IS COMPROMISED S CLASS & 7 SERIES LOSE MILLIONS IN A COUPLE OF YEARS

ANYWAYS YOU CAN GET A VEZEL UNDER 30 LACS IF YOU A 2014 MODEL YEAR

EVEN 2015 ARE AVAILBLE UNDER 32

wassalaam
    Transparency & Trust @ WWW.MYCAR.PK , salaam.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Its simple guys.. Tomorrow when you leave your home for office/school/house hold chores just count the bumps, put holes, cat eyes and all sorts of bad road conditions...

If you find patience in you to cross all of them at zero speed literally crawling cross them sure buy a Vezel its the best vehicle one can buy in 28-38lacs.

But if you are like me who do not brake at cat eyes, or slow down at pot holes and hit a speed breaker at 20-30kph its not the car for you..

Mostly all those people who have kept a honda civic in the past would adopt to hard suspension of vezel eventually but someone switching from a corolla will probably not..

If you drive on good roads and daily driving wont lead you to bad road patches its a great vehicle

RIP

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by qwertypoiu View Post
    Its simple guys.. Tomorrow when you leave your home for office/school/house hold chores just count the bumps, put holes, cat eyes and all sorts of bad road conditions...

If you find patience in you to cross all of them at zero speed literally crawling cross them sure buy a Vezel its the best vehicle one can buy in 28-38lacs.

But if you are like me who do not brake at cat eyes, or slow down at pot holes and hit a speed breaker at 20-30kph its not the car for you..

Mostly all those people who have kept a honda civic in the past would adopt to hard suspension of vezel eventually but someone switching from a corolla will probably not..

If you drive on good roads and daily driving wont lead you to bad road patches its a great vehicle

agreed with to much if's and but 's in your comments. It's better to stay away from vezel. Currently It's more of a status /fashion signature than a vehicle.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Vezel is quite stiff,compared to the 9th gen,it rocks but if you compare it with the Reborn,I think Reborn's suspension is much softer.

Headache because you will have to translate every error in english first and then get a diagnosis from a mechanic.
    I was getting the CBTA error on the meter because the car brakes automatically if another car is close to the Vezel it will automatically break if your speed is between 5 kms/hr and 32 kms/hr.
    Now in mid traffic that can be problematic and in case you get that error whilst the car is standing idle,the way to remove it is a piece of cake,provided you find some one who has faced similar issues.
    As for resale,it will put a dent in your pocket but not that much.
    As for the 3 million bracket,we can import a low mileage top of the line Prius 2013 for way less then 3 million.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I don't really understand why people are comparing the drive and suspension of a Crossover with a sedan. I have vezel from past few months and Alhamdulilah going great, the suspensions are stiff but you get used to them in few days. Overall, I love its drive. You can never get sporty feeling with soft suspension, cornering in vezel is very fun. Its a sports hybrid so the suspensions perfectly suit the car.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
    Always respect your parents

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

To many vezels on road being daily driven
    U guys r making it sound like its made of china plastic
    Life is short and very unpredictable just like a Quarter mile .....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jehanzeb101 View Post
    Dear Pak Wheelers
    From the reviews that I have been reading online a number of issues have come up regarding Vezel and I wanted to know the opinion of others whether this is a car to buy or not.
    The issues are
    1. The dry lubricated DCT clutch system is giving all automakers a problem including Honda. It heats up in hot climates and the three recalls of Fit and Vezel are all related to DCT.
    2. The vehicles that were recalled were not just for software upgrade but in many cases DCT components were changed as well.
    3. The limit for cruise control is 110KM/H
    4. The suspension is hard so its not a comfortable car for city roads of Pakistan
    5. No body understands how to fix the various electronics related bugs that come up from time to time. All messages are in Japanese and our repair shops are not trained on it.
    6. It might lose a lot of value in 3 years of ownership

I personally dont own this car and have not driven it, so its all from online research. Honest input from owners is well come.

Jehanzeb
    Salam. Having owned and driven vezel, here are my unbiased replies to your queries as per my best ability;

Recalls related to dct have been there in the beginning 18 months of vezel launch as it happens for most debut launches even with giant auto manufacturers. Software glitch has def been fixed 2015 onward. As far as the dct issue, yes dct has its issues just like it has its benefits over other types. As far as my experience went, 2014 start manufactured mine in lahore summers or on motorways never gave me any issue whatsoever AlhamdoLillah and I do stretch muscles more often than not The good thing is how many dct failures in vezel here have been reported with over 2500 imports ? so that should be good enough.

Limit for cruise on JDMS is in accordance with their highway laws and you'll find it even if you import a crown athlete

Crossover and sedan suspension can never be compared. Higher center of gravity means the suspension has to be on the stiffer side if good handling is desired. Yes, in city with below average roads it might not be the best for daily drive but not an issue in lahore or isloo or similar terrain. And what really makes up for the slightly stiffer suspension is excellent handling, cornering and brilliant motorway drives.

Maintenance is now comparable to all modern JDMS. Few errors on cluster screen here and there in lahore have been taken care of but of course that element of certain risk will always remain and that's the trade for quality one makes.

As you go in higher price brackets, resale loss is always proportional. This universal law is as applicable to vezel as any other foreign vehicle and not more.

Wish you all the best with your decision. I hope you find my feedback useful in some way. As far as I'm concerned, still not a better option in 3.5 million range than vezel.

(www.facebook.com/jpridesaccess)
    Jp Rides Access - Transparency, Quality, Value for money (www.facebook.com/jpridesaccess)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Drzac Brilliant unbiased post
    RIP

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

So far our Vezel has been holding up well on Karachi roads. Yes the suspension is stiff but that's also partly due to the run flat tyres on it. You can replace them with softer tires if you cannot handle the stiffness. Personally I have no issues with it.

The interior fit and finish and the creature comforts provided are top notch, especially in this price range. We have a CL9 and an Altis, and the Vezel trumps them both in features, though the Accord has slightly better build quality as the Vezel feels more flimsy in its construction (mainly as its built on the Fit chassis). But again, for the price there isn't a better built and equipped brand new car available.

A cheaper alternative would be the Honda Fit as it shares many components with it but it lacks the good looks (subjective) and interior design of the Vezel. Get a 2015 model and you wont have to worry abt the DCT issues either.

We use the Vezel daily for going to and fro from work and so far its been reliable. The sto and go seating arrangement helps in carrying loads easy in it and the seats are well bolstered and comfortable for long drives though I haven't driven it for extended period of times but see no issues if I do. The fuel average is hovering btwn 13-15km/liter in city driving with AC but should improve when engine has properly broken in. Even now I am satisfied with its consumption as it trumps both my other cars

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List