9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default new swift vs vitz???

guys i wana know that after launching new swift..is vitz market is down?vitz ki sale mai kuch fark para hai?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mominhaq89 View Post
    Swift does not have a boot: apples to oranges.
    liana and swift sales together will target them
    i think in pakistan not every 1 needs a big car with boot...

but alone yes you are right no comparison
    MOTOR MANIACS ... An automotive service and repair workshop
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Motor-Maniacs/721830141231922

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shahbaz_79 View Post
    mr storm please explain yr "So MUCH SAFER" thoughts with some valid proof.

Even if you compare it with 1.3 vvti vitz then the comparo is as follows.

Vitz 1.3vvti = 1293 cc(aka indus corolla engine) while 1.3 swift = M13a (1321cc much much torquier than 1.3 vitz)

vitz = air bags while swift = no airbags (the only short fall)

vitz = no rim no decent tyres while swift = dunlop with 15'' alloys.

vitz = no EBD while swift has EBD

vitz = no noise canceling of engine and road nose while swift = special padding for both.

vitz = no warranty with 1 or 2 piece touch up. while swift is brand new and has warranty too.

for vitz cosmetic parts (go to shershah) while for swift simply go to local suzuki dealer and have one.

the list just goes on and on, while this is a comparo between 1.3 vs 1.3 and since there are more than 99% vitz are of 1.0l category so the vitz has no chance to compare itself with more aggressive and good looking swift (as simple as that). go to top gear website and see for yourself that what they have to say about both cars.
    here we go agian,...

1. please stop thinking for a second that whatever the idiots at topgear say is the word of god. everyone is entitled to ther own opinion and beauty is in the eye of the beholder so there is no right or wrong in this case.
    2. the swift that they had isd NOTHING like the one we get here.
    3. airbags and seatbelt pretensioners make a world of difference in a real accident so if you want proof please don't take my word for it, go ahead and crash your 06 suzuki into a concrete block at 40 miles an hour.
    4. wheels and tyres can be changed to the customers liking, since the vitz is a focussed econobox it comes with small wheels (as we have the 1.0 here) whereas the swift is targetted towards local morons who think rims are a safety feature.
    5. EBD (electronic brakeforce distribution) does what it says on the box, and as far as i know the 2009 onwards yaris DOES have it.
    6. special padding? err what??
    7. if you know what you are doing then buying a used car shouldn't be a problem,.. sadly all car dalers know that in PK there is a fool born every second. this applies to both used and new car dealers. caveat emptor my friend.
    8. why fit "cosmetic parts" to a car? however if you meant body panels etc, then, in ISB if you want parts for a vitz you can go straight to the toyota dealer.
    9. i'm a huge fan of the new local swift and am unbiased in what i have written above as i think that with airbags, side impact bars, a proven crumple zone and seatbelt pretensioners (at least) the swift will be a good enough to stand up against most imports.

mr storm please explain yr "So MUCH SAFER" thoughts with some valid proof.
    Euro NCAP - For safer cars | Toyota Yaris

Euro NCAP - For safer cars | Suzuki Swift

and this is the one with FULL safety features...
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

vitz = most sluggish accelertaion comparable to 1987 nissan sunny thats true.

Swift = faster than corolla 1.3xli/gli i have tested many times
    don't make me laugh. seriously aren't you a little to biased towards the swift? my auto vitz beat an auto VTi (on CNG) with Vajih102 as a witness,.. and from 0-140 i was only 4-5 cars behind a xli/gli from a standing start. had it been a manual 5 speed the result would have been very different and here i'm talking about a pathetic little 69 horsepower 997cc 1SZ-FE (you know, international engine of the year in 1999).

if you want to compare like for like, then compare the swifts 91.2hp & 86lb/ft M13A to the 101hp & 97.3lb/ft 1NR-FE engine.

1.3 at low RPM = greater fuel economy
    while 1.0 at same speed = high rpm = low fuel economy.
    science at work...
    1. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, 2. Resale wont save your life in an accident, 3. Genius has limits, stupidity has none, 4. Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level & beat you with experience, 5. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young! 6. انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

few words from my side,

first off all i have to agree wid sameer bhae, aka storm, on the safety part

Secondly may it be Swift or Vitz, totaly depends on ones personal choice to.. in 2006 wen there were rumours about the Swift launch i actualy waited 3-4 months until thru some internal sources it was confirm that the Swift has been brought to the factory but they arent going to produce it until settling some terms wid the goverment, gave a shot to Santro (a friends car), gave a shot to Cultus (booked it and sold it from, the showroom only, earned 40k premium), they were both pathetic cars, only option was to go for a used City, but i wanted a hatch back. so all hail to Vitz, as it luked gud to. and the options were pampering for such tiny little car.

But this time if il go to buy a car, a hatch back, il definetly go for the Swift,

i personaly love the car

Some how luks better then the Catty Vitz.

Vitz is very common nowadys. i prefer something less people have. even in 2006, wen i got my 02 Vitz, every body noes in wat number were they avalible.

No doubt the Vitz has taken over a huge number of the Cultus market share, and made Santro obselete. Swift is just a chance taken by Suzuki to regain the lost market. Which is not going to be easy after what they did with Liana, Baleno (suzukis should be star sedan cars) and the quality control, and most of all 0% Customer care, Air bags could have been a major addition to the small car, giving it a tag line, " the only local 1.3 wid airbags". as santro did "the only 1.0L efi"
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chinyoti View Post
    No doubt the Vitz has taken over a huge number of the Cultus market share, and made Santro obselete. Swift is just a chance taken by Suzuki to regain the lost market. Which is not going to be easy after what they did with Liana, Baleno (suzukis should be star sedan cars) and the quality control, and most of all 0% Customer care, Air bags could have been a major addition to the small car, giving it a tag line, " the only local 1.3 wid airbags". as santro did "the only 1.0L efi"
    i agree 100%. the only reason the swift isn't the ONLY choice in my mind is that it lacks safety features. had it come with 2 simple airbags it would have been the best local car in ALL catagories and it would have been better to buy than any imported car from micro cars all the way till the small sedan class. afterall it does look better than anythign toyota is offering and the price is good considering hte mental car market these days.

as i said before, the new swift is still the best (new) small car available in PK,... but sadly from a safety point of view that isn't saying much now, is it?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

its now good to see some local auto manufacturer's representatives here
    -

z06
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

swift is good in grip...as compare to VItzi
    "Whoever said money can't buy happiness never bought a CORVETTE "

..::Z06::..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    i agree 100%. the only reason the swift isn't the ONLY choice in my mind is that it lacks safety features. had it come with 2 simple airbags it would have been the best local car in ALL catagories and it would have been better to buy than any imported car from micro cars all the way till the small sedan class. afterall it does look better than anythign toyota is offering and the price is good considering hte mental car market these days.

as i said before, the new swift is still the best (new) small car available in PK,... but sadly from a safety point of view that isn't saying much now, is it?
    chalo not 2 but atleast the driver airbag, as the Corola 1.8 (top of the line) comes wid one airbag in Pakistan.

because Suzuki claims the Swift to the top of the line model. as world over the trim wid alloyrims, fog lamps, matching dis and dat, is the Swift S which is suppose to be a standard package top of the line.

One thing more they can do is that if not standard, atleast increase a optional safety package (obviusly additional money and provide airbags in dat package) as like the Australian Swift.

this way they can continue the stupidity, mass production saves cost, and also cater the safety concious buyers. in the end its for the benifit of both the manufacturer and the customer

new swift vs vitz??? -34292
    Get over the fact that Xli lacks power windows, Its an Xli because it lacks thoose features or else it would be a Gli or an Altis if had all the goodies.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I'd prefer Suzuki Swift.
    It is impossible to please everybody.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

btw its written (with optional package of six airbags. 17540) wid the price list above being for the 1.5L versions im prety sure the local 1.3 Swift is priced very reasonably.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    don't make me laugh. seriously aren't you a little to biased towards the swift? my auto vitz beat an auto VTi (on CNG) with Vajih102 as a witness,.. and from 0-140 i was only 4-5 cars behind a xli/gli from a standing start. had it been a manual 5 speed the result would have been very different and here i'm talking about a pathetic little 69 horsepower 997cc 1SZ-FE (you know, international engine of the year in 1999).

if you want to compare like for like, then compare the swifts 91.2hp & 86lb/ft M13A to the 101hp & 97.3lb/ft 1NR-FE engine.

dude that vitz that you had was mUCH more quicker then the current generation.(the one that's actually being compared here)
    -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

u cant compare toyota with crap suzuki

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i don't know why r we are putting emphasis on airbags only, where we don't even have the the culture of seatbelts mostly.. i would again say, till the time airbag system gets cheaper to repair, it shouldn't be part of these vehicles. buyin a ride is one, while maintaining it is totally another story.. safety is important but again, we need to know the real utility of it, if we can't lower our beams, we shouldn't be talkin about airbags..

i would have my priority on braking system and how protective is the cabin.
    people who use Highbeams.. once day would suffer too bigtime. People who drive slow on fast lanes, remember one day a vehicle carryin ur son, dad might get late to hospital coz people like u. underaged driving will land u in bigtime trouble one day or the other.. And the Blue indication light on ur speedometer denotes "High Beams"

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

just astonished to see here...
    ppl comparing purely japan manufactured and assembled ...all parameters covered car with
    paki swift...that iam sure will produce certain unknown sounds from interior and exteriors after a while its driven....
    if someone having knowledge about the swift in india...like iam havin and i wanna share here...
    DEAR ITS A BIG FAILURE THERE AT INDIA...
    coz of other options avial to ppl there and price...
    1300cc car n that too hatch back in pak is discouraging factor n price that to a million for just SHOW SAH
    SCHEHXAD

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default tax structure

some body has mentioned that swift has 1321 cc engine. so my question is whether it still falls in the 1300 cc category or the buyer will have to pay taxes equivalent to a civic!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yaar ap ko kaun si vitz 1.3 ko compare kar rahay ho with swift....
    agar agar swift 2010 se compare karni hai na tu VITZ 2009 or 2010 wali se karo sara farq pata chal jaye ga ap logon ko ke kaun si zaida achi hai ....

m not sayin swift is bad...swift is the very good step by pakistani company but first check the specification of vitz 2010 than compare it with swift...becayse agar ap logo nay vitz 2010 k option dekh liye tu swift technology porani lagay gi..

tczz

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by doni84 View Post
    yaar ap ko kaun si vitz 1.3 ko compare kar rahay ho with swift....
    agar agar swift 2010 se compare karni hai na tu VITZ 2009 or 2010 wali se karo sara farq pata chal jaye ga ap logon ko ke kaun si zaida achi hai ....

m not sayin swift is bad...swift is the very good step by pakistani company but first check the specification of vitz 2010 than compare it with swift...becayse agar ap logo nay vitz 2010 k option dekh liye tu swift technology porani lagay gi..

tczz

what r the spec and price
    MOTOR MANIACS ... An automotive service and repair workshop
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Motor-Maniacs/721830141231922

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yep 1321cc means tax equivalent to civic
    SCHEHXAD

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hey friends, are you guys sure that the swift which pak suzuki has sold so far are made in Pak? because as far as i know they are japanese so far! localally produced swift has not hit the market as yet!! What say?

And yeah, Swift all the way, anytime, any day! =D

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ rozzzzz! Bhai we'll compare swift with the vitz available in pak currently which is no newer than 2008! your debate is pointless! as we are not concered about the cars latest models! We are concerned about what we are getting!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

User Tag List