Recently test drove 2006 Yaris/Vitz. Posting some pictures.
It has two versions, sedan and hatch back and It's going to replace Platz/Echo which is discontinued in 2006.
Definetely Yaris is better than it's predecessor.
The tecnical specifications for both sedan/hatchback are the same.
* Engine : 1.3 Ltr, 4 cylinder, 16 valve, DOHC, EFI engine with VVTi technology.
* Catalytic converter.Euro 4 emission norm.
* Power/Torque (SAE Net): 84 HP/12.3 kg-m.
* Transmission: 5 speed manual/4 speed automatic.
* Suspension front : Macpherson strut/Rear : Torsion beam.
* Anti-theft Engine Immobiliser System.
* ABS with brake assist.
* Brakes: front ventilated/Rear: drum type.
* Power and tilt steering.
* SRS bags for front passengers + many many more features.
I liked the drive of the sedan version, hatcy is equally good.
Few things which I liked most about it are
* It's fast pick, road handling, smooth transmission (Automatic transmission has AI).
* Meter is placed high on the dash and in the center, you don't have to really look behind the steering wheel to search for it. It's more safe.
* Controls on the dash are jog and shuttle type - like them.
* Safety features are also improved.The front bumper and the front grill is made with some sort of plastic which is quite flexible. It extend to almost 1/3rd of the bonnet.In case a pedestrian is hit, will have less injuries.
* Safety kit is also included (Fire extinguisher, warning triangle,tyre pressure gauage, first aid kit - amazing)
* The trunk is spacious.
* Plenty of leg room for the rear passengers. The hump in the middle of floor which troubles the 3rd person sitting in the middle is gone.(You can rest your feet on the ground now....LOL)
- Used Cars
- New Cars
- Cool Rides
- Post an Ad