Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Toyota Vitz 05+ - few questions.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Toyota Vitz 05+ - few questions.

okay here they go:

I wanted to get the throttle body cleaned, or maybe I'll clean it myself.

What would be the safest possible way to clean the sensors for this particular car? I have been dipping the MAF and IAC in petrol and have been out without any problems (toyota corolla).

What kind of sensors this thing has and how to 'clean' them safely?
    it has a 1kr-fe engine and so far to this date, i have been unable to see or find a physical throttle linkage, although when googling for 1kr-fe, I could see some which have a normal wire but mine doesn't.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

where are the germans?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

A specific Spray is avaliable in the market to clean your car's MAF sensor, some mechanic's clean them with Petrol, but I won't suggest you to do that yourself, now coming towards the TBI (Throttle Body Injection) cleaning it involes in unpluging the electrical connectors from sensors, idle control motor unit, disconnecting the throttle lever cable etc, if you fiddle with those thing's you can get yourself caught in some deep shi*. Get both the MAF sensor and TBI cleaned from a well-known/professional mechanic, and as far as the IAC is concerned if, you have cleaned it before go ahead and clean it yourself, if you haven't then get all the thing's you've mentioned clean from and only a professional mechanic not a roadside one who would screw your car's engine in a matter of minutes.
    - '06 Toyota Belta 1.0L X - '68 VW Beetle 1300 DP - '89 Nissan B12 E16

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The problem is, vitz doesn't have any of those on the body. and it is also not throttle body injected. it has only one motorized sensor on the throttle body.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

use carburator cleaner ... NASA is a good company or kangroo. don't use china sprays.

1. make sure car is cold if you're working at home. remove negative terminal of battery ... if you have japanese CD player then it will reset ... don't remove terminal unless you have the cd for it.

2. take out the coolant pipes going into the TB on the rear right.

3. you'll have to open 4 size 10 bolts on the body and remove the grip on the left hand side of the TB.

4. clean throttle body with carb cleaner.

5. you'll find a sensor behind the throttle body, that's the MAP (manifold pressure)and IAT (intake air temp). it has 4 wires going into it and has 2 size 10 bolts/screws. remove the bolts and grip and clean with carb cleaner.

6. put everything back. start the car. if you did not take out terminal and your rpm is fine then no probs. if your rpm has increased then you'll have to remove the battery connections for about 10 mins.

any problems, pm me.

good luck.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What a detailed information regarding cleaning of TB. I will surely follow your instruction. Thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by amjads98 View Post
    What a detailed information regarding cleaning of TB. I will surely follow your instruction. Thanks
    You can just clean MAF sensor and IACV with petrol/carb cleaner. Carb cleaner very much stronger than petrol. I disconnect all parts and clean with a brush and some petrol.

Then lubricate the IACV with some ATF.
    Do not use any solvent on the rubber O-rings/gaskets.
    Do not mess with the TPS. Leave it as it is because it might need calibration.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have cleaned TB and map sensorwith carborator cleaner. And let it dry for 30 minutes. And results are great. Car idling is much smoother. Tb was cleaned several times by the mechanics but they always left to clean map sensor. And yes i remove the negative terminal of battery to reset ecu before doing all the process. Thanks alot.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

why do you want to do this, how do you know that your throttle body and maf sensor require cleaning?

and cleaning MAF sensor with petrol is not a good idea, as petrol contain a mixture of hydrocarbons, some of which evoporate, some don't and leave a residue layer on the sensor which we don't want.
    “Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac”

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

kindly mark the coolant pipes before removing them.No need to clean tps,Simply clean map sensor n ISCV bush other then Intake manifold n throttle body.Use Electronic contact sensor cleaner on these sensors for throttle use wd40 or nasa carb n for intake manifold use petrol or nasa. for bolt pattern u can go through www.toyodiy.com
    DIY The Best Workshop on the Holy Planet!
    Every thing changes,Its only the "change" which never changes.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Its a drive by wire , doesnt have a accelerator cable do rem dat

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have cleaned TB and map sensorwith carborator cleaner. And let it dry for 30 minutes. And results are great. Car idling is much smoother. Tb was cleaned several times by the mechanics but they always left to clean map sensor. And yes i remove the negative terminal of battery to reset ecu before doing all the process. Thanks alot.
    you should notice better fuel consumption too after cleaning the MAF.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by gorkan View Post
    why do you want to do this, how do you know that your throttle body and maf sensor require cleaning?

and cleaning MAF sensor with petrol is not a good idea, as petrol contain a mixture of hydrocarbons, some of which evoporate, some don't and leave a residue layer on the sensor which we don't want.
    I did this because vitz was having severe vibration in gear d since i bought this car about 4 months back. Did every thing but nothing works. everytime mechanic charge around 2000 rupees for cleaning the TB and after that saying you need to change this and that. I already spend lot of money for sorting out this issue. changed everything (Irridium plugs, TB 3 times, OEM Air Filter, OEM Oil Filter, Engine mounting, harmonic Fuel injection cleaning, change different oils, Voltage stablizer, alternator. but nothing works. So i decided to do it my self everything. I go though many forums and 1kr fe technical manuals. I have not cleaned MAP sensor only but O2 sensors and washed each and every connector with NASA carburetor cleaner. I was fedup and did it my self. But results are coooooooooooooool.

Quote Originally Posted by wasay_ahmed View Post
    kindly mark the coolant pipes before removing them.No need to clean tps,Simply clean map sensor n ISCV bush other then Intake manifold n throttle body.Use Electronic contact sensor cleaner on these sensors for throttle use wd40 or nasa carb n for intake manifold use petrol or nasa. for bolt pattern u can go through www.toyodiy.com
    Thanks you so much wasay. I did the same. great tip for marking coolant pipes before removing them.

Quote Originally Posted by ngen View Post
    you should notice better fuel consumption too after cleaning the MAF.
    Thanks ngen. I did that after reading your post. Yes i am having a bad fuel consumption. So hoping that for now onward the fuel consumption will be better. Once again Thanks a lot.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks ngen. I did that after reading your post. Yes i am having a bad fuel consumption. So hoping that for now onward the fuel consumption will be better. Once again Thanks a lot.
    Seeing that you're doing things yourself you might like to check out my article which will explain the purpose their location and how to clean the sensors in your engine. These are the things i used to get done in efi engine tuning when i was running my workshop.

i'm in islamabad so if you run into trouble i can help you out.

Enjoy..

Engine Control Module (ECM)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

do not mess with the TB its motorized and you will end up screwing the positioning / calibration. its better to get it done from 3s or some good knowledgeable mechanic

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by syncview View Post
    it has a 1kr-fe engine and so far to this date, i have been unable to see or find a physical throttle linkage, although when googling for 1kr-fe, I could see some which have a normal wire but mine doesn't.
    it has ETC Electronic Throttle Control (Drive By Wire), a Motor that drives the throttle valve + it has no IAC valve.

Toyota Vitz 05  few questions -1243435

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I did this because vitz was having severe vibration in gear d since i bought this car about 4 months back. Did every thing but nothing works. everytime mechanic charge around 2000 rupees for cleaning the TB and after that saying you need to change this and that. I already spend lot of money for sorting out this issue. changed everything (Irridium plugs, TB 3 times, OEM Air Filter, OEM Oil Filter, Engine mounting, harmonic Fuel injection cleaning, change different oils, Voltage stablizer, alternator. but nothing works. So i decided to do it my self everything. I go though many forums and 1kr fe technical manuals. I have not cleaned MAP sensor only but O2 sensors and washed each and every connector with NASA carburetor cleaner. I was fedup and did it my self. But results are coooooooooooooool.
    again Thanks a lot.
    so, did you finally get rid of the vibrations completely? from what I understand, the three cylinder engine in 1l 2nd gen vitz has this inherent issue that the vibrations are not completely balanced at certain RPMs unlike 4 cylinder engine in 1st gen or the 1.3l variants. so, if the vibrations aren't too severe, you shouldn't worry about them. imo
    “Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac”

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes you are right. Infact there is no vibration at all. But little vibration on idle when AC is turn on. So I am glad that finally I get rid of the vibration. But question is that for how long. When ac is turn off and in gear d I cannot feel the difference while in gear or neutral. Thanks to all who helped me and gave a valuable suggestions.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

you will also note the slight vibration (in neutral no AC) if your windows are already closed and you try to close any one of them ... this is normal ... if you use high octane fuel (mix 5-10 litres high octane with normal fuel in a full tank) then your engine will run much smoother (less knocking) and the TB will be cleaner for a longer time.

its a 3 cylinder 1000cc engine - therefore its a high compression engine ... the recommended fuel grade for high compression engines is around 97-98 Octane (which is known as high octane fuel).

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes you are 200 percent right. I feel vibration when I try to close window which is already closed.
    I already use high octane with super with 40 50 ratio.
    And yes thanks for the link. It is very informative. You are really genius

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

User Tag List