Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 52 of 52
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Toyota Vitz 05+ - few questions.

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    syncview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,364
    Follows
    7
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    436 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    1

    Default Toyota Vitz 05+ - few questions.

    okay here they go:

    I wanted to get the throttle body cleaned, or maybe I'll clean it myself.

    What would be the safest possible way to clean the sensors for this particular car? I have been dipping the MAF and IAC in petrol and have been out without any problems (toyota corolla).

    What kind of sensors this thing has and how to 'clean' them safely?
    it has a 1kr-fe engine and so far to this date, i have been unable to see or find a physical throttle linkage, although when googling for 1kr-fe, I could see some which have a normal wire but mine doesn't.


  2. #41
    PakWheeler Follow
    ngen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    38
    Posts
    166
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hameeds01 View Post
    My frnd has 1.0L vitz, he tried every thing to improve the fuel consumption, throttle body cleaned, Air filter Oil filter fuel filter replaced, Engine Oil transmission fluid chnged, high octane, spark plugs replaced, fuel injector cleaned, New Battery etc

    still no effect
    try cleaning all sensors.

  3. #42
    PakWheeler Follow
    amjads98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    41
    Posts
    102
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    So should I installed kabli cat again. I removed because someone told me that it will improve the fuel consumption and vibration. As I have all this problem before removing cat. And cat was not even choked.

  4. #43
    PakWheeler Follow
    ngen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    38
    Posts
    166
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amjads98 View Post
    Ngen bhai. Maybe I need to clean my fuel tank with change of fuel pump and filter. And fill my tank with the highoctane
    there is a good chance that your fuel tank will be clean ... all you need to do is replace the fuel filter (the whole unit) ... you don't need to change the fuel pump but make you you change the fuel pump filter (this is a MUST picture attached). you don't need full high octane .. you can go with 10 litres of high octane and the rest super... there is no change in performance if you increase high octane quantity.

    Toyota Vitz 05  few questions -1247526

  5. #44
    PakWheeler Follow
    amjads98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    41
    Posts
    102
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Thank you so much. I will do that. And let you know the results.

  6. #45
    PakWheeler Follow
    ngen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    38
    Posts
    166
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amjads98 View Post
    So should I installed kabli cat again. I removed because someone told me that it will improve the fuel consumption and vibration. As I have all this problem before removing cat. And cat was not even choked.
    do not install the CAT ... due to bad fuel it will get blocked again and your fuel consumption will increase. If you want to do something about it then change the down piping and get the "container" of CAT removed... replace with simple pipe and leave o2 sensors in place.

  7. #46
    PakWheeler Follow
    ngen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    38
    Posts
    166
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hameeds01 View Post
    My frnd has 1.0L vitz, he tried every thing to improve the fuel consumption, throttle body cleaned, Air filter Oil filter fuel filter replaced, Engine Oil transmission fluid chnged, high octane, spark plugs replaced, fuel injector cleaned, New Battery etc

    still no effect
    if sensor cleaning does not work then get the tappets checked ... the exhaust tappets may not have enough gap.

  8. #47
    PakWheeler Follow
    hameeds01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    892
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ngen View Post
    if sensor cleaning does not work then get the tappets checked ... the exhaust tappets may not have enough gap.
    yup i cleaned all the sensors (MAF, O2) + Electronics Throttle

  9. #48
    PakWheeler Follow
    hmmy4444's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    21
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    i want to ask that is there any aftermarket header available for our vitz 2007... n hw much would it cost n installing intake,exhauts n downpiping cost me,, n is it save to do these things on a vitz 2007

  10. #49
    PakWheeler Follow
    ngen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    38
    Posts
    166
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hmmy4444 View Post
    i want to ask that is there any aftermarket header available for our vitz 2007... n hw much would it cost n installing intake,exhauts n downpiping cost me,, n is it save to do these things on a vitz 2007
    yes probably is safe to do these things ... just make sure you have the oxygen sensors installed in the downpiping. I have no idea about costs or wherre to purchase ... maybe someone else can guide you.

  11. #50
    PakWheeler Follow
    hmmy4444's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    21
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    where to get oxygen sensor

  12. #51
    PakWheeler Follow
    amjads98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    41
    Posts
    102
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Finally, i start loving my vitz drive. no vibration at all. I was inspired with the post of @ngen. i was really fedup with this car and decided to do it my self. I have cleaned all the sensors, connectors, throttle body and throttle body rubber valve. 95% of my vibration gone after doing this. i was so happy but after few days i started feeling a little vibration in my car again. Ngen advise me to go for fuel filter change. I opened the rear seat and took out the fuel pump with filter, and it was not clogged and i clean the filter slightly and fixed it back. Then i decided to inspect all wiring which are coming from the ECU. i removed the battery with its support stand and what i saw that the foundation rubber is completely broken into 2 pieces. Foundation was inspected before by Toyota rawal motors and few other EFI good mechanics and they all said it is fine. So that was my issue. After replacing the foundation from saddar, now my feeling is that i am running a new car. Thankssssssssssss Everyone and especially ngen bhai.

  13. #52
    PakWheeler Follow
    ngen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    38
    Posts
    166
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amjads98 View Post
    Finally, i start loving my vitz drive. no vibration at all. I was inspired with the post of @ngen. i was really fedup with this car and decided to do it my self. I have cleaned all the sensors, connectors, throttle body and throttle body rubber valve. 95% of my vibration gone after doing this. i was so happy but after few days i started feeling a little vibration in my car again. Ngen advise me to go for fuel filter change. I opened the rear seat and took out the fuel pump with filter, and it was not clogged and i clean the filter slightly and fixed it back. Then i decided to inspect all wiring which are coming from the ECU. i removed the battery with its support stand and what i saw that the foundation rubber is completely broken into 2 pieces. Foundation was inspected before by Toyota rawal motors and few other EFI good mechanics and they all said it is fine. So that was my issue. After replacing the foundation, now my feeling is that i am running a new car. Thankssssssssssss Everyone and especially ngen bhai.
    you are a great example of a DIY person amjad bhai... you were determined to get it right and you did it ... well done to you my friend.

    PS: the fuel pump whole unit replace was for better fuel economy and possible vibration reduction.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •