Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Unhappy My problem with Toyota Vitz 2006

Hi guyz. i've got a problem here.

i have a 2006 toyota vitz, registered 2008 here in lahore.. It is an amazing car. i never had any problems whatsoever with her. but since this winter i am feeling some strange things to my car.

1. Longers self starts (no more half-selfs).
    2. It smells like smoke, but i dont see any (kacha dhuaa). Yet 2 times in the past 2 months i even saw smoke coming out of the cylencer when i rev'd it up a bit high.
    3. The engine sounds a bit strange (maybe it was winter and cold starts means a bit noisy engine). But still the engine sound is a bit on the bad side.
    4. The pick of the car is just darn SLOW. (if feels like a parachute has opened up in the back as soon as it touches the 60 km mark)
    5. Since the removal of catalytic converter the cylincer sounds annoyingly strange. It gets louder when i put my foot down the accelerator, yet the car doesnt seem quick enough. (catalytic converter removed by guys at toyota garden motors)
    6. I read here that many ppl can take the car upto 170-180 kmph mark, whereas i never (since day one) could take it over 150 mark.

The car is running on petrol since day one. Occasional mix with high-octane. CNG NOT INSTALLED. Always used genuine air filter to change, and oil filter changed with every oil change. Currently using ZIC A+ oil. I dont have any petrol mileage issues (never checked / dont need). The ODO says 60000 km mark. But its original readings as when i got the car 3 years ago it was at 45k mark. I only use this car to go to office and come back. Only one hand used. Tyres are 185/60/r15.

What is wrong with my car. I did change the ATF, removed the catalyst converter. After abt 6 months or so, i would clean the throttle body by removing it and cleaning it with NASA cleaner and a toothbrush . Sensors also cleaned acoordingly.

I AM WORRIED NOW. I have kept this car like a baby, took care of her, yet she seems not happy with me. What to do, or where to get it checked from.

what about kacha dhuaa. The oil wala says that i should do some quick oil changes 2-3 times so that the engine goes back to normal.

any treatment fluid for the engine? anything at all ??

Please advice me. I know the guru's @ pakwheels can give me a better solution.

My problem with Toyota Vitz 2006 -194865

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

dont use oil treatment in ur car it will damage ur oil pump and due to that tapits so use a gud oil 1 quartz 9000 ,quartz 7000 ,Gtx magnatec Havoline Energy, or Zic 0w change spark plugs Bosch or ngk iridium and routine check air filter

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My Vitz (2001) is on CNG but is facing similar problems, i.e. very low pick and high speed of 100 max at petrol!! and a bit wierd sound. I am ok with the sound (removal of cat filter i guess)

I think the engine oil might be a problem? I've also removed the CATalaytic filter.

Havnt done anything to the plugs...
    JDM cars rock! Bus duty khatum karo pls

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Ultrasonic fuel injector cleaning

Quote Originally Posted by addictivesundew View Post
    Some more info on Fuel injector cleaning please.. ? Is it something like taking out the injectors themselves and cleaning them or just put some cleaner inside the car engine for cleaning.. ??
    Every time we turn off our engine, the last drop of petrol evaporates on the pintle of the fuel injector and leaves behind deposits and varnish. Heat in the chamber bakes the fuel residues and makes it stubborn to remove. This gunk collects on the pintle, and over time it results in injector clogging and leaking. The pintle caps are constantly exposed to fuel evaporation which leaves behind a powdery residue and affects the spray pattern. Clogged injectors affect starting, power, economy and emissions.

Using fuel additives for cleaning fuel injectors is not very effective it does more bad than good for us. The solvent passes through the whole fuel system, dissolves the deposits which get stuck to the filters and strainers in the way and carries all the loosen up waste to the engine. Therefore experts recommend change of engine oil after usage of fuel additives.

Ultrasonic cleaning is internationally accepted MOST effective process for cleaning troublesome fuel injectors.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Fuel Injector Cleaning

Quote Originally Posted by addictivesundew View Post
    Some more info on Fuel injector cleaning please.. ? Is it something like taking out the injectors themselves and cleaning them or just put some cleaner inside the car engine for cleaning.. ??
    EFI cars have pressurized fuel which is supplied to the engine through fuel injectors. Fuel injector is an electrically controlled valve that delivers precise amount of pressurized fuel into the combustion chamber.

Every time we turn off our car's engine, the last drop of petrol evaporates on the pintle of the fuel injector and leaves behind varnish and other deposits. Heat in the chamber bakes the fuel residues and makes it stubborn to remove. This gunk collects on the pintle and makes the pores in the nozzle narrow for the fuel to pass, and over time it results in injector clogging and leaking. The pintle caps are constantly exposed to fuel evaporation which leaves behind a powdery residue and affects the spray pattern. Dirty or clogged injectors make an engine go down on power, increase fuel consumption, produce pollution and make the engine wear faster.

The injector manufacturers claim that the fuel injectors are fairly sturdy mechanisms and don't fail very easily. They only get dirty after some time. Proper cleaning can restore their like-new performance. There is no need to replace fuel injectors again and again unless they are actually gone bad. Unfortunately injectors are designed in such a way that they are not very convenient to clean. Ultrasonic cleaning is internationally accepted MOST effective process for cleaning fuel injectors

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

:@ addictivesundew
    any plans of selling ur vitz, do let me know whenever u make up ur mind..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

switch to 20-50w oil

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

its a 1lt automatic....what do you expect? iirc its vvt-i? in which case to get anywhere fast you have to rev it higher but you have an auto..

ultrasonic cleaning is best but not needed unless the car has high mileage...the ron increases are a marketing ploy you will NEVER notice it again injector cleaner can work but is used mainly for older cars...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

here is a nightmare of Vitz
    Model:2006
    OD0: 121000

I got a major problem with the transmission 85000 kms the car got in first gear in middle of road and was not shifting... showed it to Khan autos Faisal he fixed it but told me need a transmission change Cost 55000, but the fix worked but once fixed the Cham Shaft sensor lit up the check light.

On 96000 the transmission stoped responding and car went nuteral. took it to murtaza motors Zamzama (Tahir) told me that the trans isgone need to open and check. he luckily found out that the trans oil pump was at fault and he replaced the same and another part and oil and stuff and charged me 18000 inclusive labor oil and parts.

Now the problem: since past 15 days the car is sinking or choking full accelerator but does not go beyond 75 KMPH and the sound of engine is as RPM is around 6 - 7 alot of pressure but no acceleration.

Took it back to Murtaza motors he suggested change of Trans oil again as the parts changed might have blocked the filter / Jali... so got it done poured Silver Tin can of Toyota CVT - TC oil.

No relief or should say 5 to 10 % improvement but still same....

if the car is neutral the engine is soundless but once we start driving and car gets in motion it generates alot of sound and no pickup , but still the gears are shifting perfectly no issue with that...

I heard from someone about transmission air breather tube whats its function and what are its settings ....

please help me out as i am screwed badly...

Here are some suggestions by different mechanics:
    - your engine is full of carbon we need to take it down and open and clean all carbon deposits and then the car will be fixed
    - The gear oil you have put is not right u need to change it and alsothe engine oil
    - you need to flush the engine - then no its a risk as the deposits might might seize the engine
    - Today showed it to Jawaid at Cantt Baba motors he said get the Transmission changed completely

Man i am really in big trouble if you can PM me and we can have a talk. we may be able to reach the solution.

Taking the car tomorrow to Toyota Central and Southern to get an assessment for the problem.

i have spent atleast 8000 with no remedy now i doent wan waste more money without any remedy.

I guess when last time i got my engine oil changed the person touched the AIR BREATHER TUBE .... when driving it seems jaise engine to saans nahin aa rahi...

Please help me out as i am in big time trouble....

Please also suggest a good mechanic in KHI.

Awaiting reply

Bilal

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@mbkhan dont worry and dont change the gear, maybe u r a victim of reversed mileage car. Call Kamran tomorrow Cell 0300-3754581 and he will surely guide and solve ur problem because he has expertise in repairing auto transmission and made many CVT gearboxes of Vitz and belta and also dont tell him that u have already showed ur car to any mechanic or showroom wala because he dont take any balli which is screwed by other mechanics. Tell my name Shahzaib Rasheed and tell him u r my friend.
    My Cell: 0320-2197670 email: rasheedsahab2012@gmail.com
    Join my group if u love JDM cars : www.facebook.com/JDM.imports.Pakistan

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    205 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

and also pay him at the time when he show u the car after repairing job when u r satisfied pay him on spot. Btw he also give warranty of 04months.
    My Cell: 0320-2197670 email: rasheedsahab2012@gmail.com
    Join my group if u love JDM cars : www.facebook.com/JDM.imports.Pakistan

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Sharabhi View Post
    and also pay him at the time when he show u the car after repairing job when u r satisfied pay him on spot. Btw he also give warranty of 04months.
    Thanks alot dear.

went to toyota Southern Motors Korangi through a lead in Indus Motors.

Mr. Naeem was the tech lead who dealt with me
    he took a trial of my vitz he has given me following suggestions and course of action.

1. Get your CAT converter removed as this might be the main problem as your exhaust is clogged and the car in uable to excrete air. get the the middle dholki cut open and ask the silencer wala to remove the filter within do not remove the dholki as it will spoil the car sound.

2. once through check if ok then get the crank sensor changed which is giving error

3. then touch the engine or Gear baksa as that might be the last hope.

4. a new Gear Baksa will cost around US$2800 which is not viable - and he said as an official i cannot recommend a shershah product.

once i was out had a talk with kamran as well and wana visit him tomorrow as wana get the cat out of the box.

please recommend a good silencer wala for Cat removal...

awaiting reply.

Bilal

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

apparently this toyota tech is stupid, how can he just diss the cat convertor without actually testing for pressure differential before and after the cat. I have seen blocked cats but only on diesel engines that were never run under any reasonable load. The Cat on a petrol engine never blocks up - unless the engine is actually misfiring which can cause meltdown in the cat. Dont try to give me reasons of "low quality petrol" etc, its not the case.The whole exhaust is designed with the CAT - if you remove it you will have resonance and noise issues and you will hate your car. If the crank sensor registered a fault its best to test it, it will cause serious lack of power as it calculates base timing and also is the engine speed sensor input for the CVT.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default diagnostics

Have you tried puting an obd2 scanner on it? It should help figure out whats wrong exactly.id suggest to Put the cat back on if you still have it.
    Just my 2 paisay

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mirahadk View Post
    Have you tried puting an obd2 scanner on it? It should help figure out whats wrong exactly.id suggest to Put the cat back on if you still have it.
    Just my 2 paisay
    The CAT is still in the box. I have not removed it yet, will be visiting a tech today for tenth eleventh opinion...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

as far as your white smoke issue is concerned, it might be the rings that have fried up.....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Sharabhi View Post
    @mbkhan dont worry and dont change the gear, maybe u r a victim of reversed mileage car. Call Kamran tomorrow Cell 0300-3754581 and he will surely guide and solve ur problem because he has expertise in repairing auto transmission and made many CVT gearboxes of Vitz and belta and also dont tell him that u have already showed ur car to any mechanic or showroom wala because he dont take any balli which is screwed by other mechanics. Tell my name Shahzaib Rasheed and tell him u r my friend.
    THANKS A MILLION Sharabhi
    my ride is back to normal and all happened without any repair or change of transmission, engine cleaning, engine carbon cleaning etc, ect what not as detected by many well know BIG NAMED mechanics all over Karachi...

The following list of problems were detected and resolved.
    - All point to point test was done from sensor to sensor. all errors were cleared and removed. ECU reset was also done. to remove errors.

- CAT was totally blocked he checked did a
    exhaust system back pressure test the it was 5.5 PSI at the engine exaust before the cat and the reading after the cat was 0.5 PSI which proved that the Cat was totally blocked. SO CAT had to be Removed...
    - fuel pressure was not up to standard 2500 PSI pressure was measure and min required is 3500 PSI.
    Fuel Pump and Fuel Filter service was done without any replacement of any part.

- Transmission Oil Cooler choked - cleaned and reinstalled, cleaning of CVT filter (jali).
    - CVT TC oil replaced.

----------------------------------------------------

The car has recovered and now no Check light no abnormal sound... Kickdown function is also working now which i never experienced before and the acceleration is more than normal (ishare Par chal rahi hai) Alhamdolillah.

All credit goes to Shahzaib he refereed me to the right person...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@mbkhan

Glad your problem was fixed

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

2500 psi fuel pressure??
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I love how people just gut out the cat, they dont know the monetary value of the item or even that it can be saved by a little off hand technique involving a 20% citric acid solution to decoke it, And also completely forget that the cat needs to get insanely hot to become a thermal reactor to function correctly. (Mazda calls the RX7 cat a thermal reactor)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    2500 psi fuel pressure??
    2500psi OMG
    DIY The Best Workshop on the Holy Planet!
    Every thing changes,Its only the "change" which never changes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

User Tag List