Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default vitz acceleration problem

hi

i have a vitz 2007 automatic 1000cc. while accelerating, the engine revs but power is not translated to the wheels as it should. so the engine runs hard when i press the pedal but it simply does not speed up. i changed the transmission oil, cleaned transmission filter but no improvement...has anyone any knowledge on this?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

dear brother ur car is cataletic clean the cataletic in toyota workshop for RS. 3000 as i did and u wl feel the difference.
    !!==ViTz==! RoCks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by max_xxxo View Post
    dear brother ur car is cataletic clean the cataletic in toyota workshop for RS. 3000 as i did and u wl feel the difference.
    can the cat be cleaned? i think if the dealership do this , its just a mean to warn some extra cash, what i have read is cats needs to replaced once they are gone bad, once it gets clogged up , it heats and then melts and further clogs up, so needs to be replaced

though i stand here to be corrected
    its all about power to weight ratio...

jz
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

any idea about the current position of the plugs?u might wana check those too
    www.facebook.com/performancepartslahore

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Vitz 2004 vvti 1000cc poor acceleration issue

Well i faced the same problem for over a month, tried everything for diagnostics, the computer gave no hint DTC was always clean. Check engine light would come sometimes but again go off upon restart. The engine itself was dull, hitting the paddle hard gave sluggish acceleration but soft paddle seemed ok, that would leave me behind every other car on as soon as signal went green. The engine seemed to be choking, rev up would not convert into transmission it looked like transmission ptoblem. I checked following things.

Air filter changed monthly
    Spark plugs changed 4 months ago
    Throttle body cleaned 4 months ago
    O2 sensors both cleaned 1 month ago
    Exhaust system removed today
    Oil sensor cleaned 1 month ago
    Fuel pump removed (i was about to change my fuel pump but it worked fine on the bench after removal) today
    Transmission oil checked (went through vitz owners manual it said transmission oil need not to be changed for lifetime) today

Then we found out the real trouble...
    My car was once fitted with CNG but then the kit was removed. The sensor that deals with CNG is inside throttle body on left side of air filter it had gone bad and gave poor acceleration as well as poor mileage. Replaced the sensor and the car started running like a horse. Cost me only Rs 2500. You can also try step by step diagnostics as i did but i have to appreciate my mechanic he seemed to be a phd on efi engines, had a complete grip of the entire subject. He could have ripped me by changing everything possible but he was honest on every step. Hope you also find a good one. Plus many people say its the Catalytic that causes the issue its rubbish. We checked the engine with exhaust removed and it worked as bad as before. So exhaust system and catalytic was just fine even after 12 years running 02 sensors fine even after 12 years. Transmission oil fine after 12 years. Cars are made for running, there was only one sensor bad that too because of stupid CNG kit long time ago.

Hope it help you resolving your car issue as every case is different with every car.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

- Hook up the scanner and read the Catalyst temperature Bank 1, Sensor 1. At 2500 RPM after 2 minutes it should read more than 500 deg Centigrade.
    - Catalyst Temperate Bank 1, Sensor 2 should read around 400 deg. If the temperature difference between the two sensors is more than 100 deg, clean or replace the Catalytic Converter.
    - After complete tune-up do the Zero point calibration of deceleration sensor, CVT oil calibration, Yaw Rate and G Sensor Calibration.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List